1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Electric dirt bikes

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by Andyvh1959, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    Read an article in the recent issue of the AMA magazine about electric dirt bikes, and an idea hit.

Now, up here in the cold of winter, the motorcycle season comes to a halt unless you're into ice racing. Stupid crazy winter fun to sliding sideways wearing Sorels. But otherwise the riding pretty much stops from early Novemberrrrrr to early April. But, electric bikes, no exhaust, no volatile gas, no exhaust noise, all seem perfect for indoor riding. Lease an empty high ceiling warehouse. Bring in a bunch of dirt and build a motorcross or scrambles style course, layout a flat track course, create a trials course. Get a bunch of the electric dirt bikes. Charge track time to rent and enjoy the bikes indoors in reasonable temperatures. Maybe learn new riding skills.
  2. motodojo

motodojo Rock Ninja

Oddometer:
    I don't know if they allow ebikes here.
    Ditch likes this.
  3. HadesOmega

HadesOmega Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are places like you mentioned no in the US, at least that I know of. I think it was in Germany they have an indoor motocross with different electric bikes like the Sur Ron and KTM Freeride.
  4. smdub

smdub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Indoor go-kart places sometimes allow mini-moto racing during off peak hours. I'm sure they'd allow electrics too.
  5. jsinclair

jsinclair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: