1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Electric Motion (EM) Trials Bikes

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by motobene, May 3, 2016.

1. Larwy

Larwy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just checked there web page, yea, same specs as the ePure race. I want.:raabia
    Lotus54 likes this.
  2. airboy808

airboy808 n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know how the nm torque values advertised by EM are calculated? Is that 600nm advertised at the output shaft that the countershaft sprocket is connected to or calculated at the rear wheel?
  3. Lotus54

Lotus54 Ngana

Oddometer:
    I believe rear wheel.
    Since the larger sprocket models have more torque.
  4. Larwy

Larwy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am not sure where that is calculated, I just know my 2018 Escape had I think 400 NM and that was enough power to take me where ever I pointed the bike, whether I stayed on the bike or not.
    I also think the power output is determined by the set up in the controller.
    RLCanon likes this.
  5. Larwy

Larwy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From there web site,
    MOTOR AND CONTROLLER
    The vintage marks a huge evolution in engine / controller torque performance.

Better feeling, more inertia, we managed to improve control and sensitivity at low revs as well as gain power and explosiveness at mid and high revs.

The sensations are increased tenfold and the power of your Escape "R" has no limit.
  6. airboy808

airboy808 n00b

Oddometer:
    Mahalo for the info on how Nm is calculated. Agree on the power as I had a chance to demo a 2020 escape which I think was set at 450Nm and had more than enough power to haul my 200lbs around the demo trail.
  7. catfish

catfish Squidicus Adventurous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, that was a surprise, and quick!

I got a pm on Wednesday. Ms.EM left with new owner Saturday morning. She looked good & had a box of cool spares. I really enjoyed poaching the local hiking trails at night, but she was not quite the trials bike for competition I was hoping for.

Good luck everyone with your new EMs. I'm really interested in hearing how the clutched models are doing in competition. Please keep us posted.

Catfish ...
    Norman Foley likes this.
  8. Ditch

Ditch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just saw that EM is planning on a street legal version of the Escape for the US for 2021. Plus an Escape Lite (smaller battery, perhaps the same as the trials only models?) for the budget conscious.
  9. Lotus54

Lotus54 Ngana

Oddometer:
    I talked to the importer, yes the plan is for a USA ‘street legal’ Escape. It is in process now. Not that many things to do, just has to have a few things changed to meet Federal standards and of course go through the approval process. Maybe by next summer?
    Some states it is easy to plate one now- but that all depends on where you live. (Washington state is easy, just has to meet the WA standards- not hard to do)
    Bucho likes this.
  10. Larwy

Larwy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you ever get your bike? And how do you like it?
  11. Lotus54

Lotus54 Ngana

Oddometer:
    not yet. Supposed to be in port end of week- but we will see. Still has to get to me of course.
  12. woodsrider-boyd

woodsrider-boyd Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer:
    Where did you purchase it?

Would you mind telling us the price?

I’m considering getting a 2nd e-dirt bike and the EM Escape sounds interesting.
  13. Lotus54

Lotus54 Ngana

Oddometer:
    I got it from StrangerCreek Moto in Eastern Washington. I’ve gotten bikes from him before, and he was the only dealer around when I ordered.
    I understand Franks (greater Seattle area) is selling now- and the importer is trying to have buyers get from the closest dealer.
    You can pre-order right from the website.

https://cpd.direct/products/escape-race-2021

If you are interested in a new 2020 he has right now, give StrangerCreekMoto a call. Tell him I sent him.
    http://strangercreekmoto.com/
    I can pass on email to him if you PM yours and really interested.
    woodsrider-boyd likes this.
  14. Larwy

Larwy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow that was a long wait, guess I better get used to that one, just ordered mine last weekend, delivery March/21:rayof
  15. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which one did you order?
  16. woodsrider-boyd

woodsrider-boyd Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info and thanks for the offer to contact StrangerCreekMoto. I'm not ready to pull the trigger just yet, but appreciate it.

I emailed Frank and he said EM's will be arriving in early November and provided me a link to the models and pricing. Note, I believe the $750 figure is a pre-order number, the actual prices are shown when you click on the models, price range is $8,799 - 10,799:

https://cpd.direct/collections/electric-motion

They look really sweet, I just wish they had a model that was more of a typical enduro/dirt bike vs the trials/enduro hybrids.
  17. Larwy

Larwy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Escape R