Electronic Roadbook - has anyone used it

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Gravis1982, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Gravis1982

Gravis1982 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    https://www.comaster.net/en/

tell me everything you know.

I would love to practice roadbook navigation, but I am not about to start making my own paper roadbooks. It would be great if there was a way to plot a GPS route and then have it display in roadbook format only. No follow along on the route type of thing, just one roadbook instruction after another, just like paper.

This might not be a non-race, everyday joe product and its probably all the money. Does anyone know of a GPS that is super simple and will display directions like a roadbook? I want to practice

Thanks
  2. Tenderboy

Tenderboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. 12Bong13

12Bong13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have Tripy GPS that I got this summer, very nice unit. Somme fonctions do not work outside Europe, but it is not a show stopper for me. If you have any questions, I can try to answer.
    ohgood likes this.
  4. Gravis1982

Gravis1982 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All I want is on road navigation using roadbook readout. I dont need off road stuff or any other fancy features. Just roads. Roads that google knows. I love the roadbook readout, its less distracting and easy to read. I am in canada.
  5. 12Bong13

12Bong13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Tripy will be exactly that. Here is a link that I posted in another forum: http://www.ridaventure.ca/topic/36253-tripy-gps/
    It is in French l but there are 2 videos and pictures that will give you an idea of what Tripy is. I am in Canada also and although some functions of the Tripy do not work outside Europe, it works very well here with a little planning.

If you have questions, I will gladly help.