Elefant Sightings?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by erappaport, May 24, 2006.

1. Greggobear

Greggobear n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey my bike and what a cracker Bit slow on the reply but I only just noticed.
    First good ride after a Resto,coming from a multi-year 1100 s I am so impressed with the luck X .
    I have kept it fairly stock except for 45 mm forks with magnum cartridges and a bj shock.
    Greggo
  2. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Does it still require an oil check before every ride? :augie

:lol3

[​IMG]
    (that's the pic KJ was referring to on the first page)

No doubt, it looks much better in that tri-colore paint scheme.

Welcome back. :beer

Gustavo
  3. KJDub

KJDub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    *ALWAYS* a good idea! Had to freshen up the top end after about 15k on the motor build, too many WFO runs on CtS rides, big clouds of blue smoke huffing out. Runs clean now except for the random oil leak.
  4. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, Michael Heth still is doing his thing on the Dumbo Development Labs.
  5. falcn

Oddometer:
    Took the Elefant out to Stanislaus to ride around in the heat a couple weekends ago (after July 4th). Wanted to try out the TKC 80 vs the K60 that came off. I like the TKC better in the dirt. Felt fine on the highway and back roads too.

IMG_20180707_174315545_HDR.jpg Cherry Lake

IMG_20180707_151001417_HDR.jpg
    Was trying to get to a high lookout point but the roads were gated. The one that wasn't was washed out more than I deemed smart to tackle riding alone with no sat comm.
    BobintheMtns and River Rat like this.
  6. BobintheMtns

BobintheMtns Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Little romp after work last night... made it up to about 12,200 ft....

one.jpg

top.jpg
  7. Lupin 3rd

Lupin 3rd Raygun Gothic

Oddometer:
    Beautiful!
  8. falcn

Oddometer:
    I love your rack with the Wolfman (or whomevers) bag mount ovals. I think I might go that route and try and sell my H&B racks - as on my bike they never quite fit well.
    BobintheMtns likes this.
  9. BobintheMtns

Oddometer:
    Yeah, wolfman's.. I just ordered the loops from a company that makes racks (but not for 'fants obviously) and had a local welder fab then up-
    falcn likes this.
  10. AfricaTwin

AfricaTwin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings,

Does anyone know what happened to the www.elefantman.com website, forum and posts? I just got a hold of an E900 and could use that wealth of info. to bring her back to life.
  11. BobintheMtns

Oddometer:
    Looks like elefantman has gone to the elefant graveyard in the sky................

What bike did you pick up? Was the idaho one???
  12. falcn

Oddometer:
    There is also the Elefant Technical Thread on here that is a resource. Typically I leverage The Google Group for a first round pass on parts and information.
    Google Group:
    Elefantadventurebikes - Discussion List
  13. AfricaTwin

AfricaTwin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It is the Idaho one indeed. The first thing I did was throw away the exhaust pipe it came with. By the way, yours is the MN one :) I considered buying the bike shown in your picture some years ago when it came up for sale in the Minneapolis area. Small world, after all. I have not taken the bike apart but intend to do a full rebuild and several upgrades to it.
    BobintheMtns likes this.
  14. AfricaTwin

AfricaTwin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, any source of information helps greatly.
    falcn likes this.
  15. BobintheMtns

Oddometer:
    OH Man! That Idaho bike looked dope with the 21' wheel setup and shocks.. congrats. Super low mileage too.
    You're psyched. But I'm sure you've figured that out by now!
    It's got one of the good seats too....

Where are you located?
    And yeah! Good thing you're going to swap out that pipe.. thing looked so silly hanging out in space like that.
    CONGRATS

And yeah- I did pick up the minn one... It's been amazing.. although there was some work that had to be done.. It dropped a valve and grenaded the engine literally the first week I had it... But it's now got a rad supersport motor with a 944 kit with some vee-two cams.... I've been very happy with it....

Also- there's a very lively elefant page on facebook
  16. AfricaTwin

AfricaTwin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, the bike is now on top of the lift in the queue for a full inspection and most likely overhaul as soon as I'm done with a couple projects. I'm in northern MN so the winters are long and there will be pleeenty of time to work on the bike. Thanks for the information and congratulations on the MN bike too. I saw it up for sale a couple years ago and almost went for it. I remember it had a lot of mods from a local ducati tech.
    BobintheMtns likes this.
  17. BobintheMtns

Oddometer:
    Sounds great.. But I have to ask.. since you now have an Elefant... WHY IS YOUR PROFILE STILL NAMED "AfricaTwin"?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WTF?!!!!!!!

; )
    falcn likes this.
  18. AfricaTwin

AfricaTwin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haha. Well there is one just like the one in the picture awaiting to turn 24 years old so I can bring it into my country legally. While we are at it, Let me know if you know of any good motorcycle importers that could help with that. An XRV-750 belongs right next (and slightly behind) an E900 ;)
  19. AfricaTwin

AfricaTwin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Question for the forum. As I begin the restoration of the bike I realize I cannot stand the maroon color. Does anyone know what color code the blue e900 is so I start sourcing the paint or even who may be able to paint those plastics to OEM paint standard? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
  20. falcn

Oddometer:
    AfricaTwin likes this.