Elefant Sightings?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by erappaport, May 24, 2006.

1. grano

grano n00b

Oddometer:
    Here is my ‘94 E900 ac. Running around Tromsø area, northern Norway.

IMG_0602.jpg
  2. cjspga

cjspga n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

In the early 2000's I sold my 900 Elefant. Think it ended up on the West Coast. I am looking to buy another one and was wondering if anyone had seen it. It was very distinctive. Painted Ducati red with a green and white stripe up and over the tank and the big old pachyderm on the sides of the gas tank with the words "Lucky Elephant" (homage to Lucky Strike)

Know it's a long shot and the description here is kinda ambiguous AND it was best part of 20yrs ago - but figured I would ask. I had Moto Europa in Richmond VA put in a 944 kit and a Power Commander on the old girl and in a straight line gave my 888 a run for it's money.

The below picture is not mine and I have copied it from an earlier post on this thread. (My apologies for using it without permission from the original) This picture and comment on the thread is taken after I sold it. I was told it headed west. I owned it from 200 to 2003.

Failing any news of it I am interested in buying another - usable condition. If you know of one available.

Thanks guys and happy riding. Chris.

[​IMG]
    River Rat and Lupin 3rd like this.
  3. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul Supporter

Oddometer:
    How did they fit a power commander to the carbs?
    Awesome paint. I need to look at having mine done one of these days.

I hope you find it and can buy it back.
  4. cjspga

cjspga n00b

Oddometer:
    When I had it it was running remapped injection from a 916. Thanks for the good wishes. It sale has a long story attached to it but let me just say this. I didn't know i'd sold it until it wasn't in my garage after coming back from a business trip.....
  5. falcn

Oddometer:
    Wow!

Was it a 900ie? That's rare.
  6. cjspga

cjspga n00b

Oddometer:
    Not really, more a homemade version. I bought it like that but a really bad amalgamation of parts that worked but didn't really work well together.

Moto Europa did a ton of work on it back in the day. I loved that bike rode coast to coast setting of from Seattle on 9-11.

I rode from Seattle to Alexandria. VA heading out on 9-11 getting home evening of the 14th. I'd planned on taking two weeks, visiting the motorcycle hall of fame, doing some camping and exploring but my wife and I had a govt contracting company and 9-11 affected us directly so I was desperate to get back. I could barely walk when I got off it.

It loved eating rectifiers
    falcn likes this.
  7. Highsierra4r

Highsierra4r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got the Elefant out for a few days over the Sierra Nevada mountains. Bike ran great and newly installed gold valves up front were awesome on and off road.

P9250044.JPG
  8. BinVa

BinVa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you’re interested....there’s a 2000 Gran Canyon on Craigslist in Tacoma Park Md. B.
  9. falcn

Oddometer:
    What section of road is that in the Sierras?
    I needed to get back up there on mine. Only dinked around Stanislaus a couple years ago with it.

She needs some love or engine swap soon. Getting up there.

10. Highsierra4r

Highsierra4r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine is only at about 19k kms, but I just bought a pair V2 heads to go on this winter when I change out the studs. That picture is from Wards Ferry bridge near Sonora. After that we headed over 108 and played in the dirt on east side. I desperately need a new bash guard, the oem one looks like a piece of tin foil now.

P9260261 (2).JPG
  11. vtduc

vtduc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For anyone interested, an inmate has a ‘94 Elefant 900 for sale in the flea market. A little corroded from sitting, but it’s otherwise in good shape and complete. No affiliation, I’d buy it myself, but I already have one and the garage is full.
  12. falcn

Oddometer:
    Mine is over 5x that.
  13. falcn

Oddometer:
    I don't see it?
  14. vtduc

vtduc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think it sold very quickly...……..if it's any consolation, it was an East coast bike and I thought the asking price was a tad high.
    (but then again it sold, so what do I know )
  15. Veeblefetzer

Veeblefetzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You might try contacting Dave at The Zen House in Point Arena, California. If it's still on the road anywhere along the Pacific Ocean I bet the owner has taken it to Dave. The other West Coast, Italian bike know-it-all is Wolfgang at Columbia Car & Cycle in Nakusp, British Columbia; if it's been parted out Wolfgang may have the parts.

https://www.thezenhouse.net/

http://www.laverda.ca/allitalia.htm