1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Elyria Ohio GS rider

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by 625SXC, Jan 14, 2020.

1. 625SXC

625SXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I pass a GS rider most nights on my way home from work at 11:30. Usually see him making the turn off East Broad St onto Rt57

member here? No real reason other than curiosity since there aren’t a lot of ADV bikes around here
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    not me
  3. TownPump

TownPump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not me, I am stuck in the NE OH snowbelt until the spring thaw/salt is off of the roads. GS tucked away for the winter in the corner of the garage.
  4. ThorRex

ThorRex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you need to hook up with the locals on facebook...ohio adventure riders I think is the title. Not many of us post on ADV or FB for that matter...gotta be 15-20 of us from west side of CLE to Huron, Amherst and way down south...ride quite often any day of the week. Few of us going to the Bering sea this july thru NW territories. Lot of dual sport/ woods riders as well.
  5. CaseyJones

CaseyJones Ridin' that train

Oddometer:
    That many?

Twelve years ago, when I got back into riding...I had never even SEEN a BMW GS. First exposure I had was the following summer, when I took the Trans Canada Highway to Banff. I thought they were pretty slick - and of course the opposite of H-D, with their art-deco teardrop panniers.

I never even considered something like a Wee-Strom because I knew nothing about them and the dealers didn't stock them. And this was in that dreaded time when there was a dearth of UJM Standard new bikes. This was when I learned a cruiser was not for me.

Was a couple years after that Banff trip, that I actually had time and curiousity, together, enough to stop at a BMW dealer. But by then I was long gone from the Cleveland area.
  6. OH_Wahoo

OH_Wahoo It's always time to

Oddometer:
    I’m in Vermilion, but don’t own a BMW. (VStrom 1000 and a goldwing)

I Need to look for that group on FB
    FatherX likes this.
  7. 625SXC

625SXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ohio Adventure Rides is my side FB page.... actually right after I made it I stumbled onto

Adventure Riders Ohio FB page and just use that one to post my rides and hook up with other riders

We do quite a few rides around Loudenville, Danville, Killbuck ect

if you can’t find the FB page let me know.

My name is Mike Wowk

Attached Files:

TownPump likes this.
  8. OH_Wahoo

OH_Wahoo It's always time to

Oddometer:
    Found it. Thx
  9. SFDemo

SFDemo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm on the FB site, too, but I usually ride both near Loudonville and down southeast
  10. 625SXC

625SXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ride Loudenville and surrounding area most weekend mornings. Doing MABDR in June with a group of Ohio guys
  11. Shooting Brake

Shooting Brake n00b

Oddometer:
    Is not me, as I just picked up my first ADV bike last night in Brooklyn NY. It is an 02' R1150 GS Adventure Bumble Bee. I am heading back with it on Wednesday to my home in Lakewood, OH. It needs a little work, but has only 24k on ODO and got what I felt was a good deal at $2,250.00. Looking forward to having it ready by mid March, and am hoping to engage with ADV riders in the area. Ironically, I first headed out to NJ pick up a 2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R loaded with kit and only 1,500 miles for 13k flat. Seller has bank lien and after going thru gyrations to accommodate paying it off gave up.
    Anyhow, Instead I picked up this GSA BMW I was eyeing and will happily one day venture into the unknown with it. If you are out riding in my area, I am home during most days and will likely be working on it in my garage over the next month. Would enjoy meeting some ADV riders. Adam
    Biff's R likes this.
  12. 625SXC

625SXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have a good group of ADV riders in the area. I ride most weekends around Mohican... so many gravel and dirt roads to explore. Actually putting together a group ride for Saturday if the weather holds out. If you’re on FACEBOOK I can send you an invite to our Ohio ADV page so you can see where and when we’re riding