Emissions sticker? Spoiler?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by eskimo, Jun 3, 2004.

1. eskimo

eskimo gunga-galunga

Oddometer:
    Two pretty separate things:
    1.)Does anyone just, oh, happen to have the left-side tank off their non-S model at the moment and could they confirm that there is a manufacturer's emissions sticker (EPA, 50-state or some such language) somewhere on the bike under the tank? I need to check, but would rather not pull the tank just for that reason. Any help there would be appreciated.
    2.)Also, in the ongoing discussion of windscreen-induced turbulence, has anyone tried one of these spoilers from touratech? It would seem to offer the advantage of quick removal (and perhaps leaving an "LC-8" brand on your chest when it comes off too quickly at 80 mph?) :wink: About $90.

Attached Files:

2. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would like to know about the Touratech deflector myself. Anyone, anyone ?

My S is not handy at the moment but I am sure someone can answer your emission sticker question.

Goss :freaky
  3. BJZ

BJZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had one until some tree limbs on a power line ouside of Albany made it go away.

Ordered another one because they seem to work
  4. eskimo

eskimo gunga-galunga

Oddometer:
    Uh, well, then, has anyone seen the aforementioned sticker? A seemingly real person at KTM customer service assured me it was there...but I'm seeking confirmation before I pull the tank tomorrow a.m. Mr. Doc Riverz and myself are talking steed swap; much hinges on whether the silver bullet can be registered in Cali? Any insights? Thanks
  5. ltrcman

ltrcman Dan

Oddometer:
    Mine is on the right side on the frame tube right next to the air box. Visualize 6" above and 2" to the rear of the oil dip stick behind the right gas tank. A lot of info on the sticker, at the very bottom say's " This vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA and California regulations, ect"

Dan
    03 YZF600R
    04 KTM 950 Adv.
  6. eskimo

eskimo gunga-galunga

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Dan. Mighty convenient location, that one.
  7. eskimo

eskimo gunga-galunga

Oddometer:
    I found mine on the left side frame tube.