1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Emma Long Park - Lake Austin - overcast w/ rain.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by elektron, Feb 19, 2005.

1. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    new back tire might help out. prolly the best thing is to not have your seat fall off.. haha

[​IMG]
  2. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
  3. BonneRocker

BonneRocker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a lot of fun on my LC4 640. I am intimately familiar with the trail from mountain biking out there for several years. It's a whole nuther can 'o worms on the 640. The guys that can ride the whole thing, non stop are usually on trials bikes. I watched/ followed (on bicycle) a guy and his son on GasGas's (200cc and maybe a 50cc for his son). They took it slow and had no problems clearing anything I could ride on my mountainbike. They were friendly and inspirational too.
    Watch out for speed demons on Kawasakis (I got yelled at for going the wrong way when I decided to bail/ turn around). It is not a high speed trail and this guy seemed like a hot-head i.e. not friendly. It has happened before out there to me. I always yield trail whether on mtb or moto to other riders.
    I hopethe motorcyclists don't run over the bicyclists. The mountainbikers usually outnumber the motorcyclists 4 to 1, maybe more.
    I've started doing short sections because it is a one-way trail. I'll go back soon.
  4. Panic

Panic Anxiety's little friend

Oddometer:
  5. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

went back out there on saturday.. weather was a lot better, and i was doing better.. till i fell over the left side and did this :

[​IMG]

yes that's a cracked sidecover :-( right under where the shifter sits.. maybe if my cfc sidecover plate hadn't fallen off, it woulda helped.

dragging that bike out to the road, once i realized i was leaking oil was not fun.oh well, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

tomorrow i think i'll take it apart, if i can, and make sure it looks okay on the inside before i order parts..

--------------

She been married so many times she got rice marks all over her face.
    -- Tom Waits
  7. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    elektron, I pulled that cover off of ezra's drz and shipped it to you in a cookie box. Shipped U.P.S. to your office. It should be there in a couple days. Ezra won't mind,he's sleeping anyway.
  8. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

dont forget the gasket
  9. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    but if you replace the gasket it wont leak oil, and if harleys can mark there spot why cant the electron mobile?
    Any electrophiles down in austin yet?

joe