1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Enérgica Esse Esse 9

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by voltsxamps, Sep 14, 2020.

1. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
  2. longslowdistance

longslowdistance Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FWIW, the 9+ weighs less (590lbs) and has a 60% larger battery. I find it a lot easier to handle.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  3. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    Page 27, Esse Esse 9’s owners manual:

52219E8B-781A-46CA-9F61-B3073B36CD07.jpeg

I believe this is why I feel so much more confident flicking the Enérgica’s around compared to other electrics I’ve ridden. The Enérgica’s stay planted under hard acceleration and braking and I can tip it into corners aggressively without it misbehaving. I definitely couldn’t say the same when I rode the Empulse TT as it gave me serious pucker moments if I leaned too much or if I tried to trail brake in a corner. The Zero’s SR/F felt more neutral by comparison in a lean and has strong acceleration exiting a corner with a low seat and great rider position, but the suspension and drivetrain didn’t feel as planted on rough surfaces under max acceleration or track as straight when trail braking and got noticeably choppy when the ABS kicked in.

Not everyone will experience what I felt as I ride fairly aggressively in the canyons and attack twisties with fast approach and quick deceleration with trail braking as I hang off from an outside entry point lining up for a midpoint apex, and accelerate hard as the bike uprights itself. The Enérgica’s are the first electrics that allow me to ride in the same manner I ride my 600 super sports and still feels nimble enough to hooligan around like I do on my FZ-07 without thinking that I might low or high side. Once at speed, these bikes are designed with safety controls so you have freedom to throw it around without the additional weight feeling like it’s keeping you from doing so. Similar to how a Tesla feels nimble and very stable even as it weighs 50% more than other cars in its class.

Stability under hard acceleration and braking is what I noticed when I rode all three Enérgica’s and after learning more about the electronics, I better understand that it can be largely attributed to the eABS/TC system.
  4. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    I also recently learned that the 13.6kWh batteries can accept up to 60A DCFC while the 21.5kWh batteries can accept up to 75A of DCFC.