Enchanta

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Clampett, Nov 13, 2019.

1. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any break in the rain Larry? :ear
  2. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Yes sir....I'm riding, but it's the same old stuff. Nothing new to take photos. Neighbors out of work, wife out of work, and mom quarantined.
    Just another day in paradise :lol3
    Once (if) I can get out for a real ride again, I'll be posting.
    Enjoying reading about your upcoming mini-rally.
    But realistically, I'm filthy rich....I got TP!!!!! :rofl
  3. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Not much, but got away for a bit.
    This was 10 days ago as I took the long way to visit mom. The display @Fultondale Veteran's Memorial.
    [​IMG]
    A short distance away, a sports bar has this mural on the side of the building:
    [​IMG]

Today seeing the evidence that winter is leaving:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many moons ago, this used to be an Amoco station. Today most of the old Amoco stations are owned by BP as far as I know.
    [​IMG]
  4. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Hey Clampett, I am back. I just could not stand the the nice weather without a bike anymore. I am picking up this beauty in a couple of days.

009C5F63-8FF0-4AB3-AA9E-74BBA1B4BB3F.jpeg
    NxtGoRnd, klaviator, sealsam and 3 others like this.
  5. The Virginian

Oddometer:
    Congratulations! :clap
    NxtGoRnd likes this.
  6. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    @cbolling ,
    Have you already test rode it? Is this a local or you gotta make a short trip to get it? She is purdy.
    What year? Miles?
    Geeez, can't believe you just post a pic and leave. That how a woman does, tease and run :jack

You gonna start a new thread? Have you named her yet?

I've been out a few times in the past couple weeks, but taking photos of the same places as before. There were a few that were businesses but the difference is no cars and no lights in them now.
    Getting a lot of yard work done. Cutting both neighbors grass. Also cutting back trees to clear the land for my neighbor to the south. They are giving me gas money for when I can ride later :lol3

@The Virginian , appreciating your pics on your new scoot. Glad you got the exhaust fixed too.

As soon as this restriction is over, I'm thinking there is gonna be a hug increase in posts and pics in Advrider forum. Lots of cabin fever.
    I'm gonna have to plan a trip to kick both your tires and post it here :y0!
    klaviator and The Virginian like this.
  7. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    I found it on CycleTrader in Asheville, NC. About 1.5 hours up the road from me. The owner actually rode it down to Greenville on Saturday so that I could look at it. I took it for a short spin and fell in love. It is a 2007 with 47K on it.

The bike was actually sold and serviced at Touring Sport BMW in Greenville which is about a mile from my house.
  8. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Well, figure I'd better take a photo or 2 before I get admonished by @cbolling or @The Virginian
    Taking all the precautions, I took some goody bags to the nursing home today. Brownies and Mt. Dews. After eating the hospital type food, they are so appreciative.
    I do it for mom, but my bride makes extra and puts names on the bags for others so mom don't hog it all like her son......uh, I mean her other son :imaposer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On the way back from the nursing home, the flowers by the road at the freeway exit were shouting "Take my picture, take my picture". So I had to stop. No, I didn't ride on the freeway, this was just where I crossed it. After viewing it at home, I wished I'd used the wide angle lens.
    Panda asked me if they were strawberries :lol3
    [​IMG]
    Wishing they would lift this ban soon as it is so beautiful now and good opportunity for some really colorful spring shots.
    EZMoney, popscycle, NxtGoRnd and 8 others like this.
  9. btrrtlwtr

btrrtlwtr Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    jed (larry ) we all got cabin fever. you guys are lucky here in northern ont ca the bikes arent ouy yet still too much snow
    really enjoy the pix and tour writing style thx for posting .RSD ( rubber side own )
    The Virginian and Clampett like this.
  10. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Thanky. It's been ruff lately. First the quarantine, then the rains, then the tornadoes, then no electricity.
    As of today at 6pm we got power...woooohoooo. I can take a shower 'stead of warshing in the #10 warsh tub :lol3
    In process of restoring my 'puter. Had 2 backups, so I didn't loose any data, just had to reinstall the OS and copy the data & profiles back.

Don't give up. Once that snow is gone, I'll be happy to see you post some pics of real mtns instead like these foothills.
    NxtGoRnd, The Virginian and klaviator like this.
  11. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    St Nicholas Russian Orthodox @ Brookside, AL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    A visit to mom today and more of the flowers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. The Virginian

Oddometer:
    Great stuff Larry and super glad to see that bike in the sunshine! Awesome photographs!
    NxtGoRnd, B10Dave, klaviator and 2 others like this.
  14. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Going through the drive through @ Jack's. Panda asked "What's a newspaper?"
    [​IMG]

Out on HWY 78 just north of the Jefferson County line in Walker County. Burt Reynolds filmed "Hooper" with a bridge jump. There was reconstruction going on for the bridge, so they took advantage of it.
    This is the bridge now:
    [​IMG]
    A YT video of the scene from the movie:

When I was a few months younger :fpalm
    There seemed to be drag strips in every town. All the ones I remember have closed.
    A neighbor of mine reopened the one by my home. I saw this one near Sumiton, Al and it reminded me of those old days of burning rubber, leaded fuel, V8's, Grand Torinos, 57 Chevies, 4 on the floor, bench seats, and light dimmers on the floor :clap You could hear the engines roar for miles around on a Saturday night. Back then you could walk up to the drivers and talk with 'em. Or even become on yourself without a million bucks to invest.
    [​IMG]
    EZMoney, NxtGoRnd, rascalman and 5 others like this.
  15. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Time to get a tag that's been sitting for almost 1/2 year. Good thing we have the stay at home order still partially in effect. The roads were crowded like it was Black Friday. Half the tags were from out of state.
    Anywho........
    Headed 200 miles south to get the ATOR. On the way: (Panda asked if this was some type of Star Trek checker game).
    [​IMG]

Further along, still in Luverne and starting to get a bit thirsty:
    [​IMG]
    Why am I noticing all these drink adverts/murals? "
    In Brantley:
    [​IMG]
    Now this place has gotta be good, coz the 'Doc eating his own cookin' is 300+ lbs. Not joking....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and finally, the tag I went to get: Samson V-twin store. Some very fanceeeeee custom bikes inside.
    [​IMG]
    And another small town. I like photos of these town that are drying up but still have a few stragglers: Kinston (These places remind me of Mayberry and Andy).
    [​IMG]
    EZMoney, popscycle, NxtGoRnd and 6 others like this.
  16. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Signs of the CCP Virus (Corona / Covid-19)...
    [​IMG]
    An empty Waffle House parking lot !!! Where are the Zombies???
    [​IMG]
    EZMoney, NxtGoRnd, klaviator and 3 others like this.
  17. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Out for a therapy ride today. Not too hot and not too kewl. And don't call me Goldie Locks.
    Going through Warrior and saw this mural. Almost too light to see. I thought it was just a bad paint job until I got close, then did a U-turn to take the shot.
    [​IMG]

A little fruit/veggie stand in Mayberry, uh, I mean Nectar, AL. Old guy sitting behind his pickup in the shade.
    [​IMG]

Near Oneonta, Al, I saw a sign for a covered bridge down a narrow lane road. Not sure if it was bear traps or pot holes, but the road was ruff....
    Only 1.2 miles off the main and there she was. Had 4 cameras on it too. Guess they was 'feared of vandals....
    Panda was full of questions again 'bout this 'un. Why did the road go through their house? Why did they not have doors/windows?
    Did that sign mean 8ft people live there?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Troll area....
    [​IMG]
    And the posted 411. I've posted the Horton Mill bridge before. Now I reckon I gotta git back and take a shot of that Swann covered bridge....
    [​IMG]
    Anywho, hoping you'all havin' uh great Covid Day.
    EZMoney, klaviator, popscycle and 5 others like this.
  18. The Virginian

Oddometer:
    Good stuff happening here!
    klaviator likes this.
  19. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Loving it.
    klaviator likes this.
  20. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Wooohoooo, a sunny but not hot day. Staying off the super slap, I got really good mpg. I went 248 miles before stopping for fuel. Not bad for a 3.7 gallon tank.
    The seat told me I should have stopped 50 miles prior. Couldn't walk straight when I finally did stop :lol3
    Due to so many clouds though, this was the only shadow I saw!!!!!!
    Rode up and through Lake Guntersville area ( @klaviator stomping ground )
    [​IMG]
    Guntersville Harbor. Man oh man, the sky was so blue today. The camera just didn't catch the correct shade of blue. And today was just a Goldie Locks day.:rilla
    [​IMG]
    Continued to Fackler, Alabama to get the state tag at Tumbling Rock Cave Reserve
    [​IMG]
    Stopped by Shorty Machen's store in Hollywood(Only this Hollywood don't be so glamorous). The pump without the covered handle still wasn't working.
    [​IMG]
    And Trifecta, the 3rd and last covered bridge in this area per my previous post. Swann's Bridge. Got photo bombed by Ying....that rascal. :jkam
    [​IMG]
    And Mr. Hagood's General Mdse store just north of Hopewell. Seems he's been on lockdown longer than us.
    [​IMG]
    Hope you guys/gals are having as much fun as me, Panda, and Ying......
    B10Dave, NxtGoRnd, klaviator and 4 others like this.