Enchanta

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Clampett, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Sinnergy

Sinnergy Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Hey Uncle Jed,

First of your videos I've watched. Y'all have some beautiful space to ride through out there (a little flat, tho) and I hope to get back out there soon.

I've been watching your posts with envy; I haven't gotten many miles in lately. Work was scary-busy 'till it suddenly wasn't, but before I had much time to think about that, the fires came and I've had a tonne of work at home making sure the place is defensible.

Thanks for feeding the hunger.
  2. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ron,
    I'm lacking in artistic skills, so videos are a pain for me. But I enjoy it just the same.
    Flat? Well, we are the foot hills of the Great Smoky's. I guess we are flat in comparison to the PNW though.
    Good to hear from you. I have you on my news feed and still watch to see when you go on another misadventure :photog
    Sinnergy likes this.
  3. Sinnergy

Sinnergy Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Before this season, I was still mis-adventuring, just didn't get to do a lot of writing.

Last year, I attempted the top 'o the Rockies and learned that old, overweight, men with anemia just don't belong above 12,000 feet.

The previous season I tried to ride to Tuk. Made three attempts at the 'new road' with three different failures. Ended up staying longer than planned in Dawson City where I learned about a German couple that had tried it two-up and had to be air-vac'd, him with two broken arms, her with a broken hip. A few days later, in Whitehorse I met two guys who had made it up, but had to abandon their bikes and get a ride out with the RCMP so that they wouldn't be AWOL. One told me that he left a note on the bike with his contact information so that anyone who could haul them out could get the titles. I've wanted to hear what happened after that, but of course I haven't...

Have faith. I'll get back to my ill-considered chirography soon, and hope to entertain dozens at a time.
    Clampett likes this.
  4. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    A 3 hour tour with Enchanta and we didn't end up stranded on an island.
    Headed toward Hanceville making another video. Took some photos along the way.
    This is Red Hill School just west of Warrior Alabama. Can't get close due to being fenced off.
    [​IMG]
    Small church in the same community. Man was working on the right side, but it looks almost abandoned otherwise.
    [​IMG]
    Pretty sure this is an abandoned store in Arkadelphia, Al. :photog
    [​IMG]
    Arrived in Hanceville. Have taken a pic of this park previously, but I enjoy stopping here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Elementary School in the community of Welti. Reminds me of my old school, which doesn't even exist any more :dirtdog......yeah....O L D......
    [​IMG]
    Many graveyards, but his one had a historic marker, so I U-turned and took note:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Smazing the things I learn by stopping and reading these markers. Sometimes there will be bits of history on the stones in the cemetery also.
    I previously posted photos of murals in Hanceville, but I found 2 more as I rode through today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    A video of the ride with additional scenery and a visit to the previously posted Hanceville's "Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament".
    B10Dave likes this.
  6. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Decided to take a scenic ride through Talladega National Forest over the weekend. Invited brother to ride along. So first, I thought a ride south on AL-77 from Talladega would have some scenic roads and places for photos.
    We get past all the congested areas and I look back in my mirror. Brother is missing. I stop on the side of the road to wait for him. 2 minutes and cars passing but no brother.
    So back I go and find this:
    [​IMG]
    After this one and several more phone calls, he gets a tow truck arranged. A bit over 2 hours later:
    [​IMG]
    The guy had no idea how to carry a bike. Brother jumps up on the truck and takes control. Gets it secured and heads back to the shop.
    I turn toward home and get the cage to pick him and his gear. A bit over 6 hours on the road and just these two pics. I did get some video of the trip to this point.
    Transmission went out. Snap, crackle, and pop. At least no one was hurt. Just a broken bike.......
    Get back home and feeling bad for brother. Sad I didn't get a good ride. So I ate a lot of cinnamon rolls to feel better :lol3
    klaviator, popscycle and B10Dave like this.
  7. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Like both of your videos. Thanks for posting them. Tough luck for your brother and his broken transmission.
    Clampett likes this.
  8. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Rode to south Bama today to get the tag. Took a few shots along the way ....
    [​IMG]
    Took a panorama of it too, but it just didn't capture it as well...
    [​IMG]
    Two different locations, both with the title of Pioneer in their name. Pioneer Museum is the first one. This one had a closed gate, but looked nice..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    klaviator, B10Dave and norton73 like this.
  9. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    This one was called Pioneer Village and was in need of some attention, but the gate was open.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And finally the tag. It's a new mural representing Fort Rucker, the U.S.Army helicopter/aviation base near by.
    [​IMG]
    It was a good day for riding. Total was 377.7 miles in 7 hours and 50 minutes. Most of the ride was freeway and 4 lane divided highway, so not much to take photos of.
    Cooler weather was nice. Panda had 3 different autos passing us to slow down and take her picture. Let me know if you see her pop up on social media anywhere :lol3
  10. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Yesterday was an 8 hour ride to get that tag and get back home.
    Made a video of the trip and got it condensed down to 4 minutes.
    Some don't like videos, but some do. I find it takes a different mindset
    to make videos. I'm not so good at it, but it is still fun (except the editing).
    B10Dave likes this.
  11. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks "Uncle Jed". I enjoyed that video very much.
    Clampett likes this.
  12. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    A good ride to Gadsden today. Visited Noccalula Falls.
    A few sites along the way on Hwy 11
    [​IMG]
    And the sign to the right of the once majestic diner
    [​IMG]
    Another Iron Horse?
    [​IMG]
    American Legion Post 170 in Steele Alabama
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This place was awesome. Old guy that keeps it up didn't want to be in the photo or video I took. I caught him in the video, but edited out. Had some good stories about the place, both good and bad.
    Old theater in Rainbow City (southside of Gadsden). When the worker playing on his phone saw me taking photos, he started up again.
    [​IMG]

Arrived at the falls:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 2 shots (1 of the monument Noccalula and 1 of the falls) didn't come out. But the videos did. I had 2 video cameras and my phone.
    Downtown Attalla
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saw this one in a community called Argo
    Edit: 1941 Ford COE (Cab Over Engine) truck
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  13. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage Supporter

Oddometer:
    You were about 6 miles from my house when you were at the Hilltop Cafe.
    Clampett likes this.
  14. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    B10Dave and rascalman like this.
  15. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    I shoulda hollered 'TAG' real loud. You woulda known what it meant !!!! :lol3
    norton73 likes this.
  16. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Edited the post with the truck above to include it's information (1941 Ford COE)
  17. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Great shots of tranquil places. That former diner looks like it was THE place to be once upon a time.
    Clampett likes this.
  18. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Short ride of just a little over 100 miles today. Enchanta was happy to be out of lockdown.
    On the way through Mulga:
    [​IMG]
    As I rode by, I glanced at the sign and thought it said Hosea Bubba until I did a U-turn. I need new glasses.
    [​IMG]
    Ying was happy to get out too. :lol3
    [​IMG]
    Went to Parrish and Oakman. Nothing in Parrish to see. Went on to Oakman.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The original water supply for Oakman that has since been filled in:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Granny's Library
    [​IMG]
    B10Dave and norton73 like this.
  19. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Other things I deemed photo worthy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the proud owner:
    [​IMG]
    norton73 likes this.
  20. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    On the way back home, I took a few more:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cbolling, B10Dave and norton73 like this.