Enchanta

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Clampett, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Sinnergy

Sinnergy Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Hey Uncle Jed,

First of your videos I've watched. Y'all have some beautiful space to ride through out there (a little flat, tho) and I hope to get back out there soon.

I've been watching your posts with envy; I haven't gotten many miles in lately. Work was scary-busy 'till it suddenly wasn't, but before I had much time to think about that, the fires came and I've had a tonne of work at home making sure the place is defensible.

Thanks for feeding the hunger.
  2. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ron,
    I'm lacking in artistic skills, so videos are a pain for me. But I enjoy it just the same.
    Flat? Well, we are the foot hills of the Great Smoky's. I guess we are flat in comparison to the PNW though.
    Good to hear from you. I have you on my news feed and still watch to see when you go on another misadventure :photog
    Sinnergy likes this.
  3. Sinnergy

Sinnergy Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Before this season, I was still mis-adventuring, just didn't get to do a lot of writing.

Last year, I attempted the top 'o the Rockies and learned that old, overweight, men with anemia just don't belong above 12,000 feet.

The previous season I tried to ride to Tuk. Made three attempts at the 'new road' with three different failures. Ended up staying longer than planned in Dawson City where I learned about a German couple that had tried it two-up and had to be air-vac'd, him with two broken arms, her with a broken hip. A few days later, in Whitehorse I met two guys who had made it up, but had to abandon their bikes and get a ride out with the RCMP so that they wouldn't be AWOL. One told me that he left a note on the bike with his contact information so that anyone who could haul them out could get the titles. I've wanted to hear what happened after that, but of course I haven't...

Have faith. I'll get back to my ill-considered chirography soon, and hope to entertain dozens at a time.
    Clampett likes this.
  4. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    A 3 hour tour with Enchanta and we didn't end up stranded on an island.
    Headed toward Hanceville making another video. Took some photos along the way.
    This is Red Hill School just west of Warrior Alabama. Can't get close due to being fenced off.
    [​IMG]
    Small church in the same community. Man was working on the right side, but it looks almost abandoned otherwise.
    [​IMG]
    Pretty sure this is an abandoned store in Arkadelphia, Al. :photog
    [​IMG]
    Arrived in Hanceville. Have taken a pic of this park previously, but I enjoy stopping here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Elementary School in the community of Welti. Reminds me of my old school, which doesn't even exist any more :dirtdog......yeah....O L D......
    [​IMG]
    Many graveyards, but his one had a historic marker, so I U-turned and took note:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Smazing the things I learn by stopping and reading these markers. Sometimes there will be bits of history on the stones in the cemetery also.
    I previously posted photos of murals in Hanceville, but I found 2 more as I rode through today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RedDogAlberta and norton73 like this.
  5. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    A video of the ride with additional scenery and a visit to the previously posted Hanceville's "Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament".