End of my rope: Super Tenere windshield turbulence

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by dietDrThunder, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Tiggleswerth

Tiggleswerth Jansport

Oddometer:
    Just across the river from Marsing, Idaho
    Thanks for the pics numbaphive, they do help.
  2. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    richarddacat,

I tried a tall Parabellum on my 2014ES. I found it to be good, but too narrow to block some turbulence around the sides. I have the wings and mirror extensions. For me, I discovered that a National Cycle tall screen made for a Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter (I bought 2 on a closeout to try) has worked the best. This summer I took a trip of over 2500 miles with that combination and am quite satisfied. 6'1" with 32"inseam I don't know if they're still available or whether they were just overstocked at the time I bought them about 3 years ago.
    richarddacat likes this.
  3. richarddacat

richarddacat Do enjoy your party Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I take it that you had to drill new holes. Got a picture of the Burgman screen mounted?

Personally the stock screen works pretty good with the wing extensions. Height is fine, I was looking for more width and Parabellum looked like the widest.

National Cycle - V-Stream was my favorite on my previous FJR.
  4. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine is stock screen, Madstad bracket, the braces from an inmate in the UK, Yamaha side winglets and a $39 knock off "spoiler" on top the windscreen.
    I can get pictures if anyone needs them, but I'm not touching it as it's rideable now.
    The braces helped a lot.
  5. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Re: NC Burgman Scooter windshield. I have several pictures. However, it may be hard to see just how much coverage it gives because I wasn't trying to show the windshield when the pictures were taken. The bike is in Idaho right now but I can take more detailed pictures at the end of this month.
    And, yes I drilled new holes. I've also tried two versions of the V Stream - neither was satisfactory. 20190714_061808_resized_1.jpg

Attached Files:

richarddacat likes this.
  6. Bikedude987

Bikedude987 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you're still struggling....go buy a CalSci windscreen. Get one several inches TALLER than they recommend - I wend up one size, wish I'd gone two. But even so, in the absence of a stiff sidewind, it is wonderfully calm and quiet - to the point of not needing earplugs.

If you're on a 2014+, then I would suggest removing the stupid adjustment bracket and getting a screen for a 2012 model - it mounts it more rigidly and closer in.
  7. Garry H

Garry H Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree remove the stupid adjustment bracket and get a screen for a 2012 model
    This is my 2014 ditched the crappy adjustable screen and used a taller screen for a 2012 and made a flip for the top
    No buffeting and 70 mph with the visor up no problem IMG_20190911_132430.jpg
  8. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    My set up. The braces helped a lot because when the screen would vibrate I'd get a bad fluttering noise.
    20190920_145700.jpg 20190920_145653.jpg
  9. Jdhuff

Jdhuff RAT BRAIN

Oddometer:
    I know this is old but what did you settle on. I'm trying to decide if I should get another Madstad 22". I broke mine in half on a tree.