Endless Spring - Panama To SFO January 2009

Discussion in 'Americas' started by bobbyhollywood, Feb 5, 2008.

1. bobbyhollywood

bobbyhollywood "...McLovin'?"

Oddometer:
    My buddy and I are talking about shipping our bikes down to Panama from San Francisco in January 2009. We were thinking of taking two months to get back to SFO:kumbaya .

I've found the Central America Ride Planning thread and will digest that information when I can.

I've looked for information regarding shipping the bike to Panama and only finding out about people shipping from Panama.

Has anyone out there shipped their bikes to Panama and rode home from there?

How are January and February for travelling through Central America?

Any info or leads would be appreciated!
  2. kta

kta Riding Everything Everywhere

Oddometer:
    I don't really have any great information to share with you, but . . . .

Why not ride TO Panama and then ship the bikes back? It seems to me that that would be the most exciting route. The whole entire trip would build and build and build culminating in an amazing achievement.

If you fly to Panama you are starting at the most exciting location and then slowly working back to America. Seems backwards to me, but that's just me. :huh :1drink

Either way. Rock on!
  3. bobbyhollywood

bobbyhollywood "...McLovin'?"

Oddometer:
    Good point:bluduh .

I think the allure is that it'd be January and we'd be able to follow the good weather north from Panama rather than get increasingly hotter if we went south from SFO. Also we'd always be riding closer to home...I may need to run this by my buddy!