1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Endras no longer a Motorrad dealer

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Candubrain, Jul 8, 2020.

1. eldog

eldog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The other question is where is there now for good BMW service between Toronto and Ottawa, especially along the 401 and Eastern Ontario?

Anyone in that area have recommendations?

I'd second that I had some serious issues with Downtown BMW on more than one visit and would not risk going there again unless maybe they had replaced all of their sales and service managers.

On the other hand I would travel almost any distance to have Ron in Barrie work on my bike. I remember when he was at Downtown and his work was always perfect.

Another option in Toronto could be Dave at Alley Cat. He did a couple things for me while he was at Flying Squirrel and was recommended to me by more than a few bmw riders whose opinion I respect.

https://www.alleycatmotorcycleservice.com/about
  2. getagrip

getagrip n00b

Oddometer:
  3. getagrip

getagrip n00b

Oddometer:
    The outcome of no Motoradd dealership east of the GTA was only a matter of time,

A few years back when Motoradd was added to selected new car dealerships in order to boost sales and have smart presentation,it certainly worked ,

The long term problem has always been the decision makers in dealerships are likely not Motorcyclist and never will be , A few staff members were the only glue to keep it on track but they move on eventually

I have friends who have dropped $30,000 cheque’s purchasing a number of machines and to date I don’t think they have even had a courtesy email from the dealership or BMW Corporate to say the Motoradd sales and service has ceased operating east of the GTA

Makes you wonder if a 750L car owner would have been notified?

On my 4th BMW and love packing on the kilometres but times are changing, BMW need to revisit these issues for a 2 wheel future

I will always ride something , Let’s see what BMW Canada bother to do in the short / long term

That said , They can do a lot better than what we have today?
    gpfan and Candubrain like this.
  4. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Someone must have heard you as I got an email from Endras today saying they’ve given up the Motorrad line
  5. erburtt

erburtt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I too got an email, it was pretty cold though, and just included this: To locate a BMW Motorrad Department please reach out to BMW Canada’s Customer Service at 1-800-567-2691 or use the location tool online at www.bmw-motorrad.com

My real gripe is that no regular BMW dealer will (or can) order bike parts in for me, I do all my own maintenance work, but do need parts from time to time. Not that I found Endras was exceptional to deal with for parts, they wouldn't accept payments over the phone, so a trip to the dealer was mandatory (I'm in Belleville). The parts counter people struggled to get me the right stuff even when I gave them the exact part numbers I was looking for, as if they'd never heard of valve shims before. I get the feeling they don't get many BMW owners trying to do all their own stuff. Owen was great to deal with though, if they put me through to him I would explain what I was doing, and he'd straighten them out and make sure they ordered the right stuff.
  6. jrsooner

jrsooner n00b

Oddometer:
    Going to miss Owen, the parts department at Endras not so much! Now looking at the online ordering process from BMW Toronto or Buds. Not going to ride my bike from near Belleville to downtown Toronto. To erburtt or anyone else near me, i am going to schedule my last service before my warranty runs out at Budds this October. If anyone wants me to pick up some parts to avoid shipping costs, you can email me.
    Candubrain likes this.
  7. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I used to order parts online through Endras when it was parts.bmwbikes.ca. When they stopped that, I started ordering from BMW Toronto through https://shopmotorrad.bmwtoronto.ca. No need to travel to the dealership, only have to pay for shipping but that is/was worth it.
  8. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Looks like Max BMW out of the States is gonna be my go-to for parts.
  9. GP1200

GP1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let me do you all a favour and warn you about David at Alleycat . The most arrogant insecure human being I've dealt with for a long time. Yikes . I thought maybe he was having a bad day but every time I interacted with him he was mean , grumpy , condescending . I will never deal with that guy again. He has some serious mental issues . He doesn't charge much less than the dealer and demands cash. Red flag . There is a reason he has his own business. He is 100% unemployable . if you want to be offended, berated then go see David at Alleycat . I went to him because he has 33 positive Google reviews . Clearly they are weeding out the bad reviews or people are scared to post a negative review because this guy is a big bully . YMMV. If you had a great experience then good for you . This guy shocked me actually at how arrogant he was and I was nothing but kind to him.
    ontrip likes this.
  10. ontrip

ontrip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Without question is certainly a Prima donna of the grandest scale as I also found out.

But is an option for out of work warranty and understood he was recently looking at purchasing tools from Chuck Striker so he could also repair the Airheads. Not certain if that has happened.

He rides an Liquid cooled GS so think he is up to speed on the new bikes and had state of the art tire mounting and dynamic wheel balancing equipment.

GP1200 likes this.
  11. GP1200

GP1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He is not worth it no matter what equipment or knowledge he has . I'd be afraid to ask what he charges for tire mounting because he'll berate you and call you a miser for asking . No human being is worth it if you have to walk on eggshells talking to them. Like I said, this guy has mental issues and I hope he gets the help he needs.
    ontrip likes this.
  12. klondike1

klondike1 Nobody in particular

Oddometer:
    Yes Owen was great mech. I may see him at Evergreen when tractor is there. Adam is in Toronto BMW and James is at Toyota in Bowmanville. My next bike was looking at being an Africa twin anyway. Like the BMWS but my rear shock is an issue on the GSA and $3620 for new one Really?? I made a jumper
  13. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Part of the big issue is that Dealers or the industry as a whole refuses to pay good techs well. I'm a car tech not a bike tech ( I think that industry is worse) I spent half my life working at Dealers for shit pay. I finally woke up. Now as an independent I have some control and commit to pay my guys well. Sure I charge a lot for what we do but also provide good service to my customers. Many happy customers all due to Happy techs. With the shortage of techs around you would think that big corporate would learn but every one has a number attached and techs are at the bottom even though they are the roots that will make or break a dealer ship.
    With most of my guys as riders and a lot of my customers owning bikes I am getting a lot of requests to service their rides. All the bike shops in town have closed their doors for some reason. I may have to step up and put in a bike lift and get my guys to learn a new trade. Maybe not, as it might be like the Town with no Bakery. Don't open a bakery there, cause no one eats bread or won't pay for the good stuff. !!!