Enduro Strom 1000 weight loss with number

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat: New Member Introductions' started by Yvon Nulpart, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone !

I just jumped on a sick deal so i bought a superb DL1000 2005 for real cheap :)

Planning to do some serious weight loss like i did on my DL650 2006 in this tread :

https://www.stromtrooper.com/stromt...173-2006-dl650-naked-weight-loss-numbers.html

The monster in question have some clutch vibration and erratic grip issue and hasn't move since aprox 4 years,

So i did some work today, there some pics, the metal plates were glazed so i sand them a little

there was also medium groove on the clutch basket, file them seem to be a good idea to save some money

i will do a little test ride tomorrow and the weight loss will come after i fixed all the mecanic

Attached Files:

2. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    some more pics

Attached Files:

3. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    More :)

Attached Files:

4. P 0 P E Y E

P 0 P E Y E Bald rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello and welcome aboard.

Did you check the bearings?

Does the basket wobble?

That is significant wear
  5. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Popeye, Thanks for the suggestion, i did visualy inspect the two larges bearing, the push rod bearing and they seem to be in good condition, there was no play from the basket bearing from side to side ( wiggle, push one side and pull the other ) however there is lateral play from the basket and the big gear behind it, causing some idle hammer that i will fix later, could this making this kind of problem ?

When i release the clutch slowly and gives gas it vibrate and of 1 of 3 times it grips very snatchy ( like if i dump the clutch ) but i release very slowly

I will make a video if the problem persist

Thank you
  6. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sooo, i test ride it today, the clutch feels better but the problem still there,

i made a little video, there's the link:

if anyone ever have this problem, please share :)

thinking of basket bearings or plate contaminated maybe or worn ?
  7. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome back ! i did the shim mod from this site : https://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,11745.0.html ( damn i forgot to take pictures but it look like this )

and it improved the low rpm riding much better from 2000rpm with no chudder ( back and fourth annoying movement at low speed ) and no more loud idle hammer + that took care of the take off vibration issue :)

Attached Files:

8. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Weight reduction has begun !

Mufflers weight 13lbs each = 26lbs

Fairing assy with turn signals, speedo 25lbs

Bar end weights 2lbs

Rack passager 7lbs

Rack luggage 6lbs

Both peg passenger = 3 lbs

Side panels = 1 lb each = 2 lbs

Battery = 10lbs

More to come soon ! :)

Attached Files:

9. Yvon Nulpart

Yvon Nulpart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's some news !

I found 2 exhaust in the Ecocentre recycle :D , and made a shorty that only weight 3lbs so that's 23lbs savings ! :)

I did also IAT ( Intake Air Temp ) sensor mod to fool the ECM thinking it's colder outside and make it richer, the stock IAT is 2.7k OMH at 25 Degrees C, I did a swap with a 5.2k ohm Thermistor at 25 degrees c so ECM will '' think '' it's 20c colder outside plus it will be relocated to the front of bike for better precision

Attached Files: