1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Engine crash bars, 2016 Tiger?

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by dlmarquez, May 27, 2020.

1. dlmarquez

dlmarquez dlm

Oddometer:
    Before I go off half cocked here, my question is this. If I install the tank protector bars will they protect the front turn signals when I fall down go boom?
  2. Emmett

Emmett Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Hepco & Beker tank bars have protected my signal lights on my 2016 Tiger. The lights have a rubber stalk, so they bend back behind the bars. You could also move your turn signals.
  3. Cletuspapa

Cletuspapa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Waaay back in the day I had ThunderBike Bars from this company in NZ (https://shop.thunderbike.co.nz/shop/spi/tbike_7957-Tiger-1050-Adventure-Crashbars) who developed their crashbars to protect their fleet of rental bikes.

You can drop, slide, skid, whatever on these things and the tank and the turn signals (at least up front) should stay in one piece.... I have no ties to them aside from being a former happy customer!
  4. dlmarquez

dlmarquez dlm

Oddometer:
    Guess I should have been a bit more specific. I have a 2016 Tiger 800 XrT.
  5. Captain_nd_coke

Captain_nd_coke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link, I checked their store, they don’t have much offerings to tiger (at least for me ‘16)
  6. Cletuspapa

Cletuspapa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would send them an email anyway... you never know what they might have cooked up... they are super nice folks (or at least were when I dealt with them!)
  7. MedicineBow

MedicineBow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 2016 XCx with original-equipment bars gets a little sleepy on the trail. The signal posts are far too stiff to protect the flimsy signal lenses. I bought 3 or 4 stupidly expensive signal covers before I replaced the signals entirely with some bullet-proof LEDs from ebay. So, if you were asking about the stock bars, they're useless as far as protecting the signals.

MB
  8. xvlc

xvlc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They can definitely break. Move them up somewhere near the headlights, the cables should be long enough.
  9. AloneInTheHills

AloneInTheHills Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I give info on relocating them up by the headlights here (including part #s), see the index a few posts in:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/my-2017-tiger-800xcx-mods-video.1379693/

They won't break now and are easier to see. Before they were a bit obstructed at certain angles by my upper bars. Also, pulling the fairings is easier without electrical connections to undo.
  10. Raywoo

Raywoo Adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The bars from Happy Trails will protect the signals.
  11. mylastbike

mylastbike Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have Outback Motortek bars and have never touched my turn signals when the bike fell over.
  12. KCBonnie

KCBonnie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had Heed crash bars on my 2012 tiger when I got hit this spring. They served their purpose well. I have been struggling with what to use on my replacement bike (2015 XCx). Due to the pandemic as some will know Heed has not been able to ship to the US. I was just about to pull the trigger on H&B Uppers. I got an email from Heed this morning that they are once again shipping to the US. Just sayin.
    Heed.jpg