Europe, as it happens.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by b4thenite, Jun 5, 2018.

1. b4thenite

b4thenite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Left the small town of Er-rich. Cool desert air felt really fresh. Blue sky front of me added renewed enthusiasm. Calm air greeted me. Through the gap I went. 20190921_074801_HDR.jpg
  2. b4thenite

Oddometer:
    I stayed at the Ibis franchise in Fez. i wanted comfort. Invested 400 Dirham for the lodging and had very uneventful night at a European standard lodging.
    I went out to a nearest grill restaurant and received fair service including a standard menu with price on it.
    A man sitting next to me stopped eating his salad and went to the mosque when the call for the afternoon prayer was announced, and came back after the service to continue his salad.
    After the mixed plate of grilled meat, I went across the street and had tea. Watched La Liga game with local men. A group of young men asked me about my origin. They knew how to greet in Chinese, Japanese, and finally in very good Korean. A genuine welcome it was.
    Many Marocans are very gifted linguistically. It's definitely a distinguished trait of this group.
    Remote mountain top, edge of Sahara, or secluded beaches, one will easily find some local able to converse you in excellent French, German, Spanish, English. Some even spoke Japanese.
    How do they learn? Through YouTube, some says.
    In the morning I had breakfast at the IBIS Hotel listening to French speaking Marocan girls giggling about something.
    I'm only few hours away from Europe. I feel so relaxed.
    For the first time in Maroc, I'm on the toll road. Drivers in Marocan toll road drives completely different than local road. They respect lanes, move over to slow lane etc. It tells something about the culture.
    On the way to Tangier I saw local riders. 20190922_110406_HDR.jpg 20190922_110903_HDR.jpg
  3. b4thenite

Oddometer:
    She is one of the Marocan princess out riding her Harley along with her body guards on Goldwings.
    Well.....at least that's my narrative or fake news as new catch phrase these days.
    Also met a German adventure rider on AT. He said he ran that thing over 170k km until the engine blew couple of days ago. He managed to find another AT and did engine swap in 3 days with local mechanics.
    We rode until he went his way to Tangier Med. 20190922_113402_HDR.jpg
    Mano likes this.
  4. b4thenite

Oddometer:
    I arrived in Tangier port in the afternoon and bought a ticket back to Spain. Exit process was easy. 20190922_141203_HDR.jpg
    Mano and Frey Bentos like this.
  5. b4thenite

Oddometer:
    Back to Europe. 20190922_182414_HDR.jpg 20190922_184145_HDR.jpg
    Mano, Frey Bentos, Saso and 1 other person like this.
  6. b4thenite

Oddometer:
    I'm still sitting at Tarifa, Spain. From here I can see Morocco. Only 17km away but world apart in some exaggerated sense. 20190923_153154_HDR.jpg
  7. b4thenite

Oddometer:
    Things happen for reasons. If the universe runs in certain order so are we on this planet.
    There is reasons why I get to do what I do. It doesn't matter if I'm aware of all the reasons. It's important I know that how blessed I am and probably there is a reason.
    So at least I can do is to share. Hence the ride report. If someone wants to do what I do, I can share informations so others can experience.
    I met a young man in Tarifa. He said he wants to what I do. But not now because he doesn't own a bike. Something clicked.
    My theory is that the bikes do not show it's value when it's not ridden.
    I need to store my bike for a duration and this young man can ride it.
    He lives in Valencia. So after visiting Seville, I rode to Valencia.
    Alberto showed me Valencian hospitality and I met his brother and his friend.
    Alberto will be a steward for the bike until I come back for next summer.
    It works out for both of us. Thanks Alberto. 20190928_173657_HDR.jpg 20190927_201618_HDR.jpg
    GNPskier and Chevette like this.
  8. b4thenite

Oddometer:
    Now my ride is over. I'm sitting at the Valencia train station waiting for the train to Madrid. I'll stay in Madrid for couple of days and fly to LA. 20190929_104112_HDR.jpg 20190929_134403_HDR.jpg 20190929_135044_HDR.jpg 1569760066981.jpg
    BIG^DALY, horsti, Honda-50 and 3 others like this.