1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Everything 9*0 Racing Events/Results/Banter

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by oldfuddy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. KTM267

KTM267 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those look very similar to the OEM graphics on the 2009 XC-F small bikes. Has the same little skull.

IMG_5829.JPG
    Power Slider likes this.
  2. Power Slider

Power Slider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Crazy...they look very similar in design and theme.

Thanks for the reply, mate!
  3. singlewideteamusa

singlewideteamusa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    gearheadE30 and MCCOYBOY like this.
  4. pfdskipper

pfdskipper Westside Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those came with the Erzberg edition here in Arizona as a second set to what was on the showroom plastic.
    alvincullumyork and Power Slider like this.
  5. Power Slider

Power Slider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
    Now I know they were indeed from the factory.
  6. uk_mouse

uk_mouse Aquatic adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rally season has started here in the UK, first up was the Brechfa rally, 16-17 March, organised by Dyfed Dirt Bike Club. Always a good event, but as it's in Wales in the spring, always at the mercy of the weather. The first day was wet, and I don't just mean a bit of rain, it was torrential, parts of the course were flowing freely :)

The championship classes have changed this year, due to lack of entries from larger bikes, they've merged the single and twin cylinder classes, so all bikes over 650cc are in the same class. Still, a nice result for me, first in class! Although I think my nearest rival, Aled Morgan, who's very good, must have had a problem as he was consistently faster than me on all but the last test - but his last test time was bad enough to hand me the win :D

I was on my trusty old 950 Adv, as usual.

Special test on the first day - very wet. Sorry about the sound, I think the camera was vibrating.

And some liason section from the second day, much nicer weather!

7. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just back from the Tuareg rally 2019. After 8km of dunes my fuel already started to boil and I had to wait 10min. Got 4 flats (2 rear and 2 fronts), one though crash and many fall overs in the dunes. I had a great time but it was more of an adventure ride than a rally because of all the problems. The days were a bit short but there is a big potential in Algeria. Very friendly people, speaking English quite good, good food and amazing landscapes.

Where is the only twin of this rally (check for a big tank)?
    Le Mans start day 1.jpg Stage 2.jpg stage 6.jpg Stage 7 2.jpg
    Dusty, SpeedyR, Jeremy K and 11 others like this.
  8. uk_mouse

Oddometer:
    That looks bloody fantastic :) I really should do an overseas rally before I get too old to pick the bike up!

Out of interest, why not use mousses?
    alvincullumyork likes this.
  9. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Desert 100 is fast approaching. Anyone in here going besides me and @Whodatschrome ?

I almost got the hole shot last year but my buddy Wes ended up snaking at the end.
  10. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    I finally got my suspension back last week. It has been at the guy's shop since Labor day last year! I did the annual "Spring Opener" ride that a local club puts on every year last weekend. It was all pavement...except for the shortcut that I found. Anyhow, as soon as my bike got about 20 feet into the drainage tunnel that goes under the highway, the bike stalled out. I had to push it through the greasy mud for 50 meters to get to the other side (tunnel was too narrow to turn the bike around inside). I took about 5 minutes to figure out it was the fuel pump. I smacked it a couple time with my leatherman tool, and the pump started working again! When I finally got home at the end of the day, the pump crapped out again 50 meters from my shop. I have a new pump that's supposed to arrive today in the mail. Thank goodness the pump went out now, and not at the D100!

I'm pretty sure there's a couple Canadians coming down on their 990's. Cory will be there this year. No Honda for him this time, he switched back to a 990 again. Smart move on his part I say. I think Brian will be there on his SE as well?
    gearheadE30 and alvincullumyork like this.
  11. alvincullumyork

Oddometer:
    Yep I knew those two goons were coming. I'm glad Cory finally saw the light! :lol3
    Whodatschrome likes this.
  12. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just how many packs of Gauloises cigarettes did you have to smoke to get that sweet vintage GO!!!!!!! vest?
  13. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was afraid to destroy my rims with a heavy bike, furthermore I was not sure if they will survive 7 days of rally and of course they a expensive. But afterwards it would have been the better option I agree.
  14. uk_mouse

Oddometer:
    Yeah I used tubes for years for exactly the same reasons, until during one race I got three punctures on a single lap.

I only ride in the cold wet UK though, so I'm not sure how mousses will hold up in the desert. I'm sure the pro's get a fresh set fitted every evening! :D
  15. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a thread or link on the Merzouga Rally that Jordan is at right now? I want to know updates and how he's doing over there. The other thing that's been on my mind is, who the heck finished 2nd at the US KTM rally? How come he gets absolutely no glory for getting 2nd place (i haven't heard anything about the Canadian winners either)? I mean, lots you you guy here who were at the Ultimate Rally can "send it", but the 2nd place guy beat everyone but @gearheadE30. Maybe because the rally was geared more towards orienteering, rather than riding?..I dunno, but i have to give the 2nd place guy props for his riding skills, 'cause he also now has a 2nd chance to finish 1st.

Of course i'm cheering for Jordan, but i also want to know who else to cheer for!

-cheers
  16. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen a thread on Merzouga two... Might just be covered on the Bivouac thread over in the racing forum.

I did get an update from Jordan today, he lost a fair amount of time dealing with some issues and figuring out the bike. The first was with TCS, the second more major one was with the sidestand switch. The bike kept stalling when he'd knock it with his boot leaving him stuck in the dunes digging himself out a few times. He said he finished solid mid pack today, and was glad he figured the issues out today on a really short prologue. When he got back to the Bivouac, he was able to get the mechanics to go ahead and disable all the electronic aids and sidestand switch, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore! Overall he's in fantastic spirits and is ready to tear it up!

On your other question, second place was Scott Myers... Former pro rider who's won haha a multiple. Nothing against Scott as I'm sure he's a fantastic guy and is a great rider, but there's a bit of animosity there from a lot of people who saw this as a dream amateurs... Not former pros...I think that's part of the reason everyone has gotten behind Jordan... For all intensive purposes, a nobody from Central Indiana who just loves helping people and riding big bikes places they have no business being!
  17. alvincullumyork

Oddometer:
    :augie
  18. Grinderman

Grinderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe the Canadians are Bartek and Radek. As in the good old Oso boys. They are no joke. They will be throwing down...
  19. alvincullumyork

Oddometer:
    As the 3rd place loser I'm cheering for Andrew Hugebreast (#whoisandrewhugebreast) first of all because He's a pretty awesome dude that I had the absolute pleasure of meeting at the KTM rally and is really a deserving guy who can ride. I still think I could whoop him in a straight race but I'm a cocky asshole so there is that. :lol3 He is also very humble and shy so pretty much the opposite of me. :D

For second I am pulling for Radeck, I've met him once or twice and he seems like a genuine dude and I've heard through mutual friends that he is a hell of a guy and great rider. He can pivot turn a 990R! That's beast mode!!! That fact that he is from Kanoodia doesn't help him but have you ever met maple syrup drinker you didn't like?...:ear :photog:lol3
    LocuL, Whodatschrome and enduro16 like this.
  20. alvincullumyork

Oddometer:
    Radek doing a pivot turn on a Mutha Pho Kind 990R!!!! Badass!!!!

Whodatschrome, outbacktm and enduro16 like this.