1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Excited Chick Nicomama takes on Horizons Unlimited Meeting Cambria, CA, and Yosemite

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nicomama, Nov 10, 2011.

1. rockydog

rockydog just a guy

Oddometer:
    hey nicole, the publishing/writing empire grows, cool. Here's some planning stuff I researched: Allstate, my insurance carrier, has a super lean coverage available for vehicles that are not being used but are minimally covered in case they have to be moved. Costs $25 per month for my truck and retains insurance continuity.

The state DMV, in my case Oklahoma, has a black tag available for vehicles not being used. Illegal to use on road but i believe the registration is either reduced of eliminated.

One reason I have a small leanto/hovel/shack/house/minimansion/acreage/estate in Oklahoma is the joy of small town folks and services. I walked into the Tag Agency(franchise vehicle tag offices) to transfer my Cali license and 5 women came to the counter asking 'how can we help you?'. This after the DMV lines in the bay area and New York. and one woman said to me, 'Oh you have to take a written test for your motorcycle, that is given at the state police office across town. Let me call and see if the testing officer is in'

My insurance office calls and asks me to bring rocky, my border collie, next time I visit cause he is so much fun. All the agents have treats for him. But all I get is a thank you and receipt....
  2. sm2

sm2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want to take the time to thank a very special someone. This is someone who takes pride in his job as publisher at Midwest Motorcyclist,

Thanks, Ray. I'm looking forward to a fun ride with you and your magazine![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the mention / plug, Nicole. We haven't historically been as successful or effective in covering / serving te adventure / dual sport audience as I would like. We needed to find the right person with a combination of riding experience, adventurous spirit, writing and photography skill and genuine like-ability to continue our meager efforts. Your willingness to work with us and share your adventures, event presentations, product reviews and campsite cooking with our readers is very much appreciated. I look forward to working with you and providing our readers with fun, informative stories from your adventures. Thank you! :D
  3. nicomama

nicomama Rugged Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm a firm believer that life gives you challenges for growth and life lessons. It's up to us whether we want to accept the challenge and climb higher with these disguised gifts.

So if 2011 is any indication that I will climb with the growth of my journey, then damn, I'm on the final ascent to the peak of Everest.

Thank you for understanding why there has been a slight delay in my responses to this thread over the past month. My boyfriend, Paul's, tongue cancer has returned and with it comes excruciating pain. But, why I am sharing this very intimate piece of detail from my life is because it is a physical demonstration of how love can heal. Paul's journey has been a long one, and so, too, has mine. Yet, I know for an absolute fact that this beautiful journey of growth was brought to my life to get me to the next level of living out the dreams that I have been envisioning for awhile now.

It's been a life of struggle, obstacles and hardship over the past 3 years, but I have always been aware of my amazing blessings through it all, of which there are so many. A big blessing for me has been all of you sweet readers who have shown love and support throughout this whole ride. I feel we are finally here.

2013 will be a year of beauty. I already feel a big shift happening. Now, we will get to witness and live out the fruits of our labor. Paul will reach his potential of health, love and career, and so will I. We will be reaching this life peak with the help of our motorcycles and what they do to our hearts and souls.

Yes, this does mean that we will need to postpone our RTW trip to 2013, but that gives me more time to line up all of my little ducks to make it happen in a beautiful way.

Here's to welcoming 2013 with gusto, passion, heart and spirit! We will make it big.

Join us on the road in 2013. You can watch our progress on our website that we are slowly building www.sidecarsafari.com and can help us accomplish great things through this with your encouragement. Thank you all, dear friends...

[​IMG]
  4. ozarkrider

ozarkrider Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer:
    Kathe and I will keep Paul in our prayers, and you as well. This is a personal thing for me as I continue to fight cancer as well. But I refuse to let the disease define who or what I am.

Life is good, Play well.

See ya out there somewhere.

Jay
  5. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    Great attitude..better than mine. Keep up the good fight.
    Cancer has killed everybody I care about.
    Gary
  6. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy New Years to you Nicole
    2012 will be a good one :freaky
    Hope Paul kick's cancers ass soon
    it was great meeting him last month seems like a super nice guy from the short time I talked to him, glad you found someone with a matching awesome outlook on all of lifes adventures :clap
    honestly putting it off til 2013 seems to me like a really good decision it'll give you more time to fine tune everything and work out all the bugs (if any) on shorter say 1 week or 2 week trips, put some good break in miles on it, get totally comfortable with how it handles on different terrains, let the kids fine tune their 1st class seating areas, figure out what gear they need and can do without etc.etc.
    BTW this is awesome > www.sidecarsafari.com spent some time checking it out last night
    keep us updated can't wait to see the sidecar
    Cheers :D
  7. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    Nicole, Paul, Children... Airborndad (while I see you here!!! :D), we, Spirit and I, wish you the Best for this New Year now present... 12... 13... 14... and more.
    Wise decision of course for 2013... Hoping to meet somewhere in Mongolia! Kids in a hack... Dog in a Hack (forgot! He is not a Dog... :lol3), it should be Epic...
    The Best, always...
    Ara and Spirit
    ... from somewhere in the Texas Desert!
  8. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb:thumb
  9. DBrentMiller

DBrentMiller Sojourn Chronicles

Oddometer:
    Nicole, Lin's and my prayers go out for Paul and you. May he have a quick recovery.

Of course, with your change in plans, this means you will be around in 2012. Any chance that your revised plans now include Overland Expo 2012? I'll be there doing interviews.

Brent
  10. aldntn

aldntn Vgo

Oddometer:
    Nicole, life is like a box of chocolates...

Here's wishing for you a 2012, and beyond, more and better than you can even imagine.
  11. Tripletreat

Tripletreat Long timer

Oddometer:
    My best wishes to you and to all those you hold dear. Your positive and loving attitude will carry you through the bumps in the road, I have no doubt. You inspire many of us. Thank you and God bless.