1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Experience with Woodstock KTM

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by fedeferr, Nov 12, 2019.

1. fedeferr

fedeferr n00b

Oddometer:
    WOODSTOCK KTM - HARLEY DAVIDSON - TRIUMPH IN WOODSTOCK ILLINOIS

BEWARE!!! DON'T GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO THIS COMPANY!!!

I purchase in my life so far 46 motorcycles, both in Europe and USA, fairly decent experience in the field therefore.

This Dealer misrepresented the motorcycle they sold to me, they misrepresented the shipping, they have been extremely responsive before cashing my check then disappeared when it was time to take care of the issues arose.
    It took 7 weeks to receive the bike, damaged, despite they represented it immaculate and to deliver in 3 days.
    Multiple attempts to have them resolve have all been ignored, poorly hiding behind the distance between me in Florida and them in Illinois.

Sales "Manager"...Brian Martin and "Salesman" Don Buss both have lied and have been completely non responsive, companies as Harley Davidson, Triumph and KTM should be very careful to be represented this way.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BUSINESS.
  2. ncj01

ncj01 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sir, this thread is about a dealership in Arkansas.

You’ve just logged in and trashed them, and stated they’re in Illinois. I suggest you remove your post, or start another one.

The dealership in this thread are good people.
    They are local to me, I’ve known them for years and they take very good care of their customers.
  3. fedeferr

fedeferr n00b

Oddometer:

You are 100% right, i deeply apologize to the Dealer in Arkansas, my post wasn't for them, at all. sorry!

i've specified now that i was referring to WOODSTOCK KTM TRIUMPH AND HARLEY DAVIDSON, owned by Windy City.

I'm trying to find any possible thread talking about Dealers in general where i can post about this Dealer. They are so bad and unprofessional that they should just be taken the brands away. Surely one of the reasons why HD is going down so bad year after year is the arrogance of their Dealers, apply that to healthy brands as KTM and Triumph and you get the expected results.
    DO you know of any other thread about Dealers reviews and experience?
    ncj01 likes this.
  4. ncj01

ncj01 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. FlyinRyan

FlyinRyan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Seems odd as I've sent dozens of people there and all have had a good experience. I've always been treated well there since they've opened. And they stock parts unlike most dealers. I had a main seal fall this fall and didn't catch it in time and took out the clutch. They had everything in stock except one part, that part I had on Thursday and I was racing again on Sunday.

Like most things there are three sides to every story, what both parties believe to be the truth and then the truth is in the middle somewhere. Unfortunately if any dealers where to try to defend themselves they get eaten alive in forums so we'll never know the dealer side.
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  6. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-1/4 mile N of International Falls, MN
    Situations like this—-Whatever the situation is!— usually boil down to “miscommunication “
    Appears was not a face to face transaction so more potential for “miscommunication “
    Seems like was a sight unseen used motorcycle purchase which has risks.
    A 3 day delivery sounds impossible from Illinois to Florida? Heck, it takes a day just to get the service department to get the bike in the system and then usually a few days to get into shop to get ready. Then crating, then, etc. etc. Impossible deadline which was misrepresented or miscommunicated???
    Buyer “may” have had too high expectations?
    Dealer may have fudged details?
    No winners here I guess.

Having been in sales since about 1968 I tried to adhere to 2 simple principles
    1- Don’t promise something you can’t deliver
    2- Always deliver what you promised

I was very successful in a small town market
    Shooter1 likes this.
  7. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I bought a KTM from them in person. No problems. Since I never ride and am easy on stuff, I haven't needed much in the way of KTM parts. I'll give them another shot, next time it's for another new bike.
  8. Smudge!

Smudge! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not much for details in this thread.
    Was it a used bike?
    What was the supposed damage?

But for reference, I liked Fun Mart for buying KTM’s.
  9. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Mohawks no extra charge!
  10. Smudge!

Smudge! Long timer

Oddometer:
    I should stop in sometime and see how Timmy is doing...