Extra Fuel Tank for G650XC's

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Muckpee, Jan 1, 2009.

?

What is your Color Preference?

1. black

2. white

3. blue

4. transparent

5. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    Muckpee - what's the chance of getting one BY the 31st in NYC? Either white or preferably black?

Thanks,
    Nadim
  2. lewiss66

lewiss66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Muckpee,
    Just wanted to know what's the width of your tank. I'm planing to build my own luggage rack and want to able to fit your tank as well.
    Thanks
  3. Rev Kiecker

Rev Kiecker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Paid.

Can't wait!
  4. lewiss66

Oddometer:
    +1
  5. aussiestrider

aussiestrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I in too. Paypal deposit made yesterday. A black one should do the job. :clap
  6. snooker

snooker AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer:
    Ditto. I think it is better to make the deposit ASAP just to give the lad some cash to offset expenses, regardless of when I need it. He is not shipping from the deposit alone.

Then when final payment request comes I will reiterate (as I already added today) that I don't need mine until late April, and can defer even longer for those that have been on this thread for the entire death march. :wink:
  7. matloik

matloik kludge Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone been given ANY indication of when to expect first shipments to go out?
  8. Winter Hill Gang

Winter Hill Gang sex.wax.poetic

Oddometer:
    by reading the source website, I was able to decipher a truly difficult code hidden in the programming.
    it said that (Expected ship date is March 31, 2010)
    :deal
  9. matloik

matloik kludge Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah ... yes. Hidden in truly cryptic terminology. :lol3

Admittedly I did not check the website as a number in this thread have recently asked about getting the tank "by end of March", "in March", ... but without response from Muckpee. We are already into March, a little update to "expected ship date" from Muckpee would put some who have trips planned more at ease, or at least reset expectations. I hear Vegas is giving 5-4 odds against tanks shipping by Mar 31.
  10. Tunngavik

Tunngavik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One thing I was wondering about and surprised nobody has asked (to my knowledge) - is there a warranty on the tank? I can't find any mention of it on the website.

Though unlikely, what happens if these things start to fall apart after a few weeks of use?

As much as I applaud and appreciate Muckpee taking the initiative on this, I don't want to be out $300 + shipping for a cracked chunk of plastic in the back of my garage. That's the sole reason I haven't pre-ordered one yet.
  11. Muckpee

Muckpee Noobie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the concerns and comments and pre-orders! As far as getting the tank before March 31, unfortunately I don’t think it will happen. Below is an image that shows how far the tank will stick out from the bike. The measurement does not include the spacer found on the XCountry so add 10mm or ~3/8". On my Xcountry the tank does not stick out past the folded passenger peg. I will get more detailed drawings made up soon for those of you that are building your own racks.

[​IMG]

As for warranty, this tank will have what is normal for most off-road products; replacement or refunds for obvious manufactured defects. Details will be made available on the website prior to final orders.

There are many more questions and I will attempt to address them by this weekend.

Thanks,
    MIke
  12. foxqc

foxqc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "As far as getting the tank before March 31, unfortunately I don’t think it will happen".

You know what Mukcpee?

I'm really not interested in what you think will not happen.

Of course, the corrollary implies that I'm interested in what you think WILL happen.

Especially after sending money on indications that march 31 was the delivery date.

So, when will you be shipping the tanks?
  13. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you checked his website? Says in red...

Deposits are fully refundable and the Estimated SHIP date, not delivery date is the 31st.
  14. Muckpee

Oddometer:
    That is correct. We will also have fast shipping options available for those leaving on trips right away. Not to mention the tanks will originate from within the United States so you don't have to worry about customs related delays if you live there.
  15. Flo_Evans

Flo_Evans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Muckpee, and idea on cost after the initial pre-order? Is it still going to be $300 cdn or is that just the introductory price?
  16. Muckpee

Oddometer:
    $300CAD was worked out for selling a large initial amount of tanks, as many people were already in line for one. After the rush, there is a chance the price will change but this depends on exactly how many residual tanks will be sold. We have to cover our costs; one tank sold per month for example won't do that. In such case a waiting list for the next batch will be created. It is difficult to estimate the long term demand for the tank but if (big if) orders are persistent the price will likely remain close to $300CAD.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  17. Butters

Butters Kwyjibo Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry if this was addressed in the previous pages, but I didn't see it: Is it known yet whether it will fit with the Hepko Becker racks?

If this performs as tested, I think you really have a winner. I will most certainly be ordering one this season.
  18. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    I've eyeballed the pics and would be very surprised if the tank does NOT work with the HB rack. I'm sure several of the first batch customers have HB racks (myself included) and we'll be racing to see who's the first to post pics of the install. Fairly early on, I sent Muckpee some HB pics and measurements. I know he was trying to get the mount desaigned to accommodate as many different racks as possible while still having clearance over the chain and rear sprocket.

Can't believe that I've been following this since Feb. of '08 (click here if you don't believe me!) which was even before I decided to buy the bike! In fact, I bought the bike expecting this tank to be ready to go a year ago! Is it finally going to happen? Yes!
  19. lewiss66

Oddometer:
    Hi Muckpee,
    I don't recall you posting a clear photo of your tank. I sent you a pre-order for something that I even never seen for real. A good photo of the final tank fited on our G650x would worth a thousand pictures.
    Thanks
  20. MTBiker78

MTBiker78 ENDURO Wanabee

Oddometer: