Extra Fuel Tank for G650XC's

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Muckpee, Jan 1, 2009.

?

What is your Color Preference?

1. black

2. white

3. blue

4. transparent

5. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Happycamper

Happycamper Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer:

Lewis,

My guess is you won't see a final tank until the production run. I am assuming it won't look too much different than the tanks on the first page of this thread.
  2. 682202

682202 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Muckpee

I'm in, just made deposit. I prefer black. Thanks for the putting in the time and energy to make this happen.
  3. aussiestrider

aussiestrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Muckpee,
    I made my deposit a week or two ago. I don't recall any option to choose the colour....I'd like a black one for my X-challenge. Thanks mate,:thumb
  4. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Muckpee plans to ask each customer what color we want when he contacts us about paying the balance due. This will be when the tanks are actually ready to ship.
  5. aussiestrider

aussiestrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Drone
  6. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've put down $150, I've signed up for email updates.
    We are now two weeks from expected ship date and so far I've got no updates what so ever.

At this point I'd start to expect some form of communication from the tank vendor, is this unreasonable?
    Something along the lines of "Final CAE files were delivered to the fab house and our production run is expected for week #12" would be nice.

Or, "We are going to make the tanks in the following colors.... please let us know which one you want so we can make sure enough of each gets produced"

Then again, maybe I'm expecting too much. Half of the trinkets Touratech sells is constantly on backorder with no indication when it really gets shipped to you. If ever.

--
    Mikko
  7. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you've read much of this thread at all...and I bet you have!...you *know* that his communication record is worse than spotty. The final product might turn out to be a true gem, but he woefully lacks in staying on top of his "customer concerns". You, and everyone else on the waiting list, are working on *his* schedule...not your own. Some are handling that with more patience than others. Me...I've run out of patience. I've watched this for TWO YEARS!! Having the tank is a prerequisite to me buying the 650XC. I've bought two other bikes since this started. I won't buy the 650XC until the tank is "in circulation" and has been well-received.
  8. matloik

matloik kludge Supporter

Oddometer:
    Exactly my sentiments. Take a search of how many times Muckpee has actually posted in this thread. I would not make ANY assumptions on when this tank will actually ship. If I had a trip planned in the next 4 months, I would work under the assumption that I will NOT have this tank. And that's my sufficiently humble opinion. :nod
  9. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree - I'm a big fan of this tank, but I neither am holding my breath, nor have I paid a deposit...when the good is available, my transaction will be considered.
  10. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am with you on this one DiscoDino, I am leaving for Colorado tomorrow for 1 month and then out to southern California for a month in the desert. I decided that I can't hold my breath on this one and have opted for the MSR bottle and gas can route. When they are available, I will order one.

I truly hope they are fantastic as Muckpee has done an incredible amount of work on r & d for the tanks.

Teeth to the wind,
    Sno Dawg
  11. Butters

Butters Kwyjibo Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not all vendors are created equal. You can't expect the same from a small operation where the "business" is merely a side job on the part of the vendor. I don't know the situation of Muckpee, but I am fairly confident in saying he isn't going to get rich off the XRange tank. My guess is he saw a need and addressed it in a way that would help himself and possibly make a little bit of money. Justgastanks.com probably has a full time staff of several people. Muckpee probably does this in his spare time.

I'm not faulting anybody for waiting. I am going to wait myself because $300 is still $300. But I am also content to let Muckpee do it at his pace because he stepped up to the plate to do it. Any of us might have been able to do it, but quickly dismissed the idea because we didn't want to put the time and money into it just to sell, what, a couple hundred tanks at best?

To me, this thing is just as much a public service to the XChallenge community as it is a profit making venture, IMHO. The only thing about it that tries my patience is that it looks like a kick ass tank for $300 and I want it NOW. Unfortunately, if you want extra fuel NOW it will cost significantly more than $300. So I can wait.
  12. matloik

matloik kludge Supporter

Oddometer:
    It takes very little time and effort to toss up a simple update post to this thread. A tiny bit of communication goes a long way ... but even that seems to have to be squeezed out of our esteemed vendor. Hopefully the tanks are without issue when they finally come out of production, because if there are, say, defects -- that's when you're gonna want even better communication from the man. Good luck. And good luck Muckpee. Over and out.
  13. Tunngavik

Tunngavik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sno Dawg

What kind of work do you do? I noticed that you are taking off quite a bit of time to do some exploring! Are you independently wealthy, do you own a business, do you live frugally... Note, this is not a flame in any way - I'm just really curious as this is the kind of life I'm looking to develop.
  14. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Tunngavik,
    Thanks for asking - I don't want to hijack Muckpee's tank thread, but I am glad to give him a bump.

sent you a PM.......

I hope this did not get off track from the tank thread!!! :deal

15. werner747

werner747 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    mmm, not long to go now? hopefully!:ear
  16. lewiss66

lewiss66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rickyHi Muckpee,
    How are things going?
    Any good news?
    Thanks
  17. Skaife

Skaife --------------

Oddometer:
    i just received this update via email:

"We want to apologize for taking so long to get back to everyone regarding the
    ETA for shipment regarding the March 30 ship date. We have been working hard to
    meet this deadline, however due to manufacturing issues we will be unable to
    meet it. We are working with manufacturers to correct the issues as quickly as
    [...]"

:baldy
  18. foxqc

foxqc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nooo... Seriously? A delay?
  19. Mtrain

Mtrain free range

Oddometer:
    seems to me there are a lot of over serviced wingers on this forum. Oh no if this product doesn't come into production for my expensive toy my whole vacation will be ruined. I couldn't possibly deal with the inconvenience.
    Im waiting as well but its just a fuel tank chill out.:tough
  20. ShakabudakaMan

ShakabudakaMan Over the Bars Club

Oddometer:
    Bought mine last night. I imagine if i spent twice as much and then some on an xtank I'd have a pretty good wait ahead of me too. At least it's not a seat, I can still ride while I'm waiting for it.:pynd