Extra Fuel Tank for G650XC's

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Muckpee, Jan 1, 2009.

?

What is your Color Preference?

1. black

2. white

3. blue

4. transparent

5. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mike p1

mike p1 WELL LIT ADVENTURER

Oddometer:
    I don't know how much more of an explanation some of you need than what has already been posted, Jesus Titty fuckin Christ, You all have choices, Wait, or Ask for the money back or go make your own gas tank. I don't think Muckphee is sitting around the house eatin Cheetos and beatin off, We'll all get our tanks when there ready. If you don't want to exercise patience then exercise your other options. Quit being LITTLE KIDS
  2. matloik

matloik kludge Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think the point is we really don't know if he's sitting around the house eatin Cheetos and beatin off. If we knew that he was sitting around the house eatin Cheetos and beatin off, then we'd at least know he's not working on the tank. When you get your tank and there is some wee problem with it, I'm certain you'd rather he keep the communications channels open instead of sitting around the house eatin ...

I for one have voted with my money and not ordered a tank from our esteemed vendor. The lack of communication is too big a red flag. I just subscribe to this thread for entertainment purposes. :lol3
  3. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amen
  4. mike p1

Oddometer:
    Actually, the last update was clear, 3 wks or more after March 30th and if you don't have a horse in this race why bother people who do? Oh yeah, entertainment, you need to get out more. Seriously
  5. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. mike p1

Oddometer:
  7. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    I'm with you Mike. Getting pissy isn't going to make it happen any faster. I would much prefer the finished product is "just right" and late by a month or two, than on time and a piece of dung. I'm just going sit back and be cool. :bubba
  8. mike p1

Oddometer:

Yes, Thats what ADULTS do. There is a time for getting pissy and we are not near it yet, Let the man do his job.
  9. Tunngavik

Tunngavik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There sure is a lot of frustration on both sides of the fence concerning the delay in the production of the tank. I feel that those who have paid their deposit but have received next to no updates are warranted in their frustration and dare I say anger.

Asking Muckpee to post 2 or 3 sentences on his website every week the tank is delayed should be expected. For example - he could say he is redesigning it because the production company recommends it, or there are delays because the production company is behind on their orders - whatever the reason put something down so people can at least understand why the delay is occurring. When nothing is said then people start to understandably think that perhaps it's becoming a bit shady.

This is a new business, not one with established clientele where the client and customer know each other well. I haven't even put of deposit down and even so can't understand why there are such a lack up updates when in this day and age it's so easy and simple to do. We're past the age of telegrams and smoke signals.
  10. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    I agree with you. I understand he is responding to personal requests for info though I have not actually contacted him personally. If his email is a black hole then that would be a problem. It would be nice if he updated his site with news, but product development is pretty slow. He told us what we need to know. It is delayed at least 3 weeks. Does it really matter what the delay is. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks of delay. That means that he will be shipping tomorrow. Yeah! :topes
  11. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    anyone get one yet? :ear
    news? :ear
    pics? :eek1
    updates? :ear

thoughts? :ear
    rants? :cry
    raves? :evil

anyone? :ear
  12. oggi

oggi Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. foxqc

foxqc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's right Oggi! I think you have a good solution there.

What product is it exactly?
    Is it still available?
    Did you make your own brackets?
    Can you post a few pics of your setup?

Regards,

JF
  14. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint.

Oddometer:
    or u can get the 4.2 from TT... this is what i ended doing:wink:
    ps
    if and when this will be available i may get it also... on the 6.8 gl i have now i can do only 300 miles:lol3
  15. Goodonyam8

Goodonyam8 Back in the saddle

Oddometer:
    San Francisco, CA - Sydney / Melbourne, Australia
    New update from the XRange team:

http://xrange.ca/2010/04/status-update/

Short version:
    "the XRange tank will be [FONT=&quot]ON HOLD[/FONT]. In the meantime, everyone who placed down payments will have their payments refunded within the next 48 hours."

So onwards and upwards, there are alternatives listed here:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335086
    Just scroll down to the "EXTRA FUEL" heading.

All the best to the XRange crew. Hope your hard work pays off and thanks for the heads up on where things are at. I’II still be keen to purchase, nice to have a ‘spare’ spare tank!

In the mean time, can anyone recommend their experience with an extra G650 tank, I'm in SF California and hoping for something in 2-3 weeks?
    :thumb
  16. craftycoder

Oddometer:
    Bummer.
  17. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I'd have to guess I would say that will become the best G650 auxillary fuel tank that never existed.

--
    Mikko
  18. Rev Kiecker

Rev Kiecker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1.
  19. ShakabudakaMan

ShakabudakaMan Over the Bars Club

Oddometer:
  20. werner747

werner747 Adventurer

Oddometer: