1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Extra Fuel Tank for G650XC's

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Muckpee, Jan 1, 2009.

?

What is your Color Preference?

1. black

2. white

3. blue

4. transparent

5. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kalli

kalli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same here and it is kind of starting to piss me off.. :kboom
  2. mike p1

mike p1 WELL LIT ADVENTURER

Oddometer:

OK now pay the people the money, they've waited LOOONNNGGGGG ENOUGH! !!!!!!!!
  3. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike,p.....here's what you wrote (post #391) when I wrote about the delay in producing/delivering tanks:

"Well like many things in life we don't always get what we want when we want it..."

Three weeks later, and you seem to have changed your tune *quite* a bit!

Just sayin'

And, yeah, I am relieved that I *do* have my refund.
  4. mike p1

Oddometer:
    Hey I know what I said then and now that this thing is not going to happen, people shouldn't post that they've refunded everyones money when they haven't cause that is not true .

You have got too much time on your hands.Go start some shit somewhere else.
  5. Muckpee

Muckpee Noobie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Everybody should have recieved their refunds, this is just a reminder that you have to login to paypal and accept the funds to finalize the refund

Hope you're all having a great start to the season!

Mike
  6. kalli

kalli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes.. mine was in PayPal this morning.

Cheers...
  7. mike p1

Oddometer:

Thx
  8. aussiestrider

aussiestrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got mine after logging into paypal and accepting the refund. Thx.
  9. CandyMan_ZA

CandyMan_ZA R1200GS-WP

Oddometer:
    Hiya Muckpee, I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks hoping for an update on when this tank will be available. I have also sent you an e-mail. Please keep me updated on progress.
    thank you
  10. Tunngavik

Tunngavik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Muckpee and others
    I may be ahead of things here in this statement but it looks like this tank, as offered as a final finished product for sale, will likely not come to market due to unforeseen manufacturing problems. Coupled with this is now BMW no longer offers the X Country for sale in North America further reducing future demand which will make this project even tougher to get off the ground.

To me it’s time to suggest a Plan B for all those out there who would still love to get their hands on this tank (which to me economically and aesthetically looks to be the best one out there). Frankly, I love my bike but I’m at the point of deciding whether to sell it due to the low fuel capacity and what I would like to do it (e.g. some longer touring in Canada’s North).

Here is a suggestion. Instead of trying to manufacture and sell the tank and go through all the hassle that entails why not sell detailed instructions on how to build the tank as a D.I.Y. project – e.g. drawings, suggestions for materials and where to get them, manufacturing steps for the mould etc. This could be emailed out as a pdf perhaps with links to some basic video files (with the appropriate copyrights so one guy does not buy the instructions and share them with everyone on this or other forums) and would allow you to recoup some of your costs and time to date. This project was started in your garage with the prototype so I assume someone with a little bit of hands on knowledge and elbow grease could make their own.

How does that sound?
  11. 682202

682202 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 :thumb

12. CandyMan_ZA

CandyMan_ZA R1200GS-WP

Oddometer:
  13. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    If you look a little bit, you'll find some information available right here on the site. "Notmybikemodelname" has some great information posted here: ADVRider Link. I'm not sure most people realize the amount of time\effort\energy that is required just for putting together a simplistic how-to is quite complicated and time consuming. Not only that, but then you're still dealing with manufacturing\selling a product and the stuff that goes along with that. There are also a slew of books available already on doing up your own fiberglass\plastic type stuff if you're that interested in making your own. Or there are other options that have been listed out on this forum already:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5124582&postcount=1520
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271411
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6810253&postcount=1031
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8717713&postcount=2324

Take your pick. Heck, you even get to fab up some of your own stuff with some of them if you are so inclined to.

Andrew