Extreme Hack Racing

Discussion in 'Racing' started by torags, Jun 14, 2008.

1. torags

torags Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Ooops...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh man, I haven't seen the NZ hacks in Auburn for a few years. I need to start checking the Fast Fridays schedule. Thanks for the pictures.
  3. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    sweet! looks like a nitrous bottle hanging off one of them.
  4. dustjunkie

dustjunkie Got Stick Meat?

Oddometer:
    I think we need a video...

Jake
  5. R.Markus

R.Markus Damage Addict

Oddometer:
    I second the video. :clap
  6. torags

torags Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry don't have one...

:cry
  7. dirtypumpkin

dirtypumpkin "Monster Truck Bike" Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. torags

torags Long timer

Oddometer:
    I love those pix. Hogwild did a great job on that rig.
  9. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    That speedway stuff has it's own excitement. They smash each other more often than we get our wheels off the ground. They pack a lot of action into a 2 minute race!

The little bit of jumping and tons of rough terrain we've been doing has taken its toll. The front forks have about 8 cracks in them, and despite the weld repairs they've gotten to the point where it's too risky to ride with them. So, I'm in the process of building a new front end. The rest of the frame is holding up really well.

Next ride will probably be pre-running our latest rally training route, from Dumont Dunes to Las Vegas, 280 miles of all new roadbook and a lot of butt kicking terrain!
  10. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    Have you considered adding a sponsorship category for small sponsor/donations? Maybe a web page showing a name and donation amount towards the next Dakar? Small donations are easier to get and rack up pretty fast.
  11. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    We did that for Dakar 2006. Total donations from all sources was less than 2% of our Dakar 2006 budget. Before we try that again, we need to have the other 98% fairly well nailed down. I wouldn't want to accept anything from fans without knowing we could carry through with the effort.

Just so you know the reality of these things, we received fewer that 10 donations from the ADV group for Dakar 2006, and most of those were from friends we see and talk to from time to time. I did my best to keep everyone here well informed every step of the way so they would get their moneys worth of entertainment and pride. And they all now a memento that we carried on the bike through the race, into Africa. But obviously that doesn't seem to be much of a motivator for most here. Surprisingly, the grass roots Harley community was actually more supportive of our dirtbike effort than the dirtbike crowd.

So, I really appreciate the thought, and I really appreciate those who have supported us in the past, but that won’t get us over the Dakar budget hump. On the other hand, if the message got through to Harley-Davidson that in the eyes of many motorcyclists, the image of their bikes is poor in regards to reliability, ruggedness, and performance, and that could be changed if they had some success in the toughest race on earth, that might bring the level of support we really need!
  12. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    that's a shame. I'll be monitoring your site and pulling for ya! Will make a contribution if you go that route again.:deal
  13. torags

torags Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Hogwild ran into the support Riff Raff got. I went with Riff Raff (more local for me), no offence to Hogwild.
  14. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
    for a while, It was built according to the rules...but they changed the rules and banned it. Pity it was real good to ride.