EZS gone bust

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Twistgrip, Oct 23, 2020.

1. draperg1

draperg1 PapaBear Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would like to know where they sourced the aluminum rims that are a part of their 3 piece wheels. I have had mine repaired but if I ever decided to change to an auto tire I could use new rims.
  2. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    I think eml lbs and all them guys are using pretty much that same rim now so it should be easy enough to find out.
  3. draperg1

Oddometer:
    Been emailing and asking around, no luck as yet.
  4. Twistgrip

Twistgrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Miggins1, draperg1 and brstar like this.
  5. draperg1

Oddometer:
  6. JimX

JimX .. .

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard from them? I got an email response from Dave ( from an Outlook domain, not EZS) on the above inquiry. My computer is flagging it as suspicious.
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  7. halflive

halflive Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    upload_2020-11-18_19-14-10.png

These rims? I would start asking Stern Gespannservice in Germany. They where a partner of EZS using the same molds. Just as Squire in the UK.
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  8. draperg1

Oddometer:
    I have found out they were sourced from England. My front does not look anything like the ones in the above picture. They are 30 bolt with two 2" rim lips x 15". Have found 2" x 15" rims but have not found the right inside diameter as yet, thought I had but after a call late yesterday it is still a no. IMG_20201108_094857422.jpg IMG_20201109_131221657.jpg
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  9. PaulRS

PaulRS Dutch fool

Oddometer:
    Could it be EML?

Paul.
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  10. draperg1

Oddometer:
    Not sure where EZS sourced the wheels but after a heads up from twistgrip and contacting Image wheels in the UK we believe they are older Compomoto wheels. I now have a set of rim lips on order from them that should fit the bill. Finally! Compomoto is still in business but does not appear to offer three piece wheels anylonger.
  11. fsquad

fsquad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well it is about to roll over 80M but so far everything seems to be working quite well. Some day I'm sure to need parts just hope it isn't to soon. I mean i'm only 71 years young.
    rg sw wa. and Ridn3 like this.
  12. draperg1

Oddometer:
    Wheel rim lips arrived Friday from Image wheels in the UK! Perfect fit, high quality spun wheels. Back together and installed, hope to road test tomorrow! IMG_20201127_132329504.jpg IMG_20201130_170436444.jpg
  13. Twistgrip

Twistgrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    draperg1, davebig and Bobmws like this.
  14. draperg1

Oddometer:
    Yes you can! Thanks again for the heads up.
    Road test completed. As I figured harder to turn in garage, but easier on the highway, to the point that I may go back to the more trail position. Gonna put more miles on it as is before I make a change.
    rg sw wa., Bobmws, Twistgrip and 2 others like this.
  15. halflive

Oddometer:
    Bobmws, rg sw wa., draperg1 and 3 others like this.
  16. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    :-) I think that maybe good news !!!!!

My Dutch is non existent What's it say ?
    Oops got over my laziness here's googles translation of the page

We would like to inform you about a change within Engbers Sidecar Service [EZS] BV in Zutphen.

Due to disappointing results, EZS is no longer able to continue the business activities.
    EZS was therefore declared bankrupt on 21-10-2020 at the request of the owner .

Fortunately, we at DCA Motorcycles in Helmond have decided to take over all sidecar and trailer activities related to sales, construction, maintenance and parts and to make a new start.
    From 16-12-2020 all sidecar and trailer parts & molds as well as the website and domain name have been taken over by DCA Motorcycles in Helmond.

DCA Motorcycles is an experienced and professional company in the motorcycle industry which has been active for 15 years with sidecar & custom construction, and also a trusted address for maintenance and repair of your motorcycle for years.

We have been equipped for years with all the tools and technical knowledge for the mounting of sidecars and build sidecar combinations for every budget, regardless of the make and model of the motorcycle.

In addition to our own development & manufacture of sidecar parts and modifications, we now also have our own sidecar models with the acquisition of EZS. We will therefore produce these in-house and add them to any desired motorcycle. The location of EZS in Zutphen will be canceled and we will continue the work from our workshop with showroom in Helmond at Binnendijk 6.

The following models are now added to our current program of Dedôme, Duna and LAK sidecars.

• EZS Summit High-end 2 Person sidecar
    • EZS Munro High-end 2 Person sidecar
    • EZS RX5 1.5 Middle class 1.5 person sidecar
    • EZS Kompakt Middle class 1 person sidecar
    • EZS Rally Low-end 1 Person sidecar
    • EZS Clique Budget 1 Person sidecar
    • EZS DP-2 Trailer
    • EZS Packer HA-1 Trailer

In addition to the trusted products and excellent service of DCA Motorcycles, from 16-12-2020 you have also come to the right place for EZS Sidecars and Trailers & luggage wagons and all loose sidecar attachment parts!

Hope to see you soon
    DCA Motorcycles & Sidecars
    Inner dike 6
    5705CH Helmond
    0492-475500
    info@dcamotorcycles.nl

We will update our website as soon as possible with a detailed description of all models and options!
    If you have any questions, you can always send an email or call 0492-475500.
    Miggins1, Bobmws, Sidecarjohn and 8 others like this.
  17. halflive

Oddometer:
    Google did a very good job, the only mistake i see is the translation of Binnendijk. You cannot translate a street name.
  18. Sidecarjohn

Sidecarjohn SidecarJohn Supporter

Oddometer:
    In what has been a negative year for many, it's good to hear that EZS products will still be available.
    Sad time for the Engbers family, of course, and wish them well, but the legacy continues.
    draperg1, Miggins1, rg sw wa. and 2 others like this.
  19. Hellracer.nl

Hellracer.nl What the hack???

Oddometer:
    I've bought 2 things at the insolvency auction from EZS that DCA was not interested in. Just picked them up today.
    - A sidecarframe that looks like a Watsonian frame but allegedly was build by EZS. Sturdy base for a project.
    - A MotoGoodies single wheel trailer. Also solid base, needs just minor work. Very nice design, quite rare.

Pic is from the interwebs, this is the 110 liter version, I've got the even rarer 200liter version.

Motogoodies trailer.jpg