F!ck I'm sick of winter!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by slabm7, Feb 20, 2011.

1. slabm7

slabm7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone else feel like this has been an extremely long winter? Last winter I rode my DRZ to work at least a half dozen times but not this year. I'm sick of watching Dust to Glory and need to ride.
  2. Fronnzy

Fronnzy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me too. I am starting to feel anger.
  3. B-Rod

B-Rod RubberNecker

Oddometer:
    You're doing it wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. eepeqez

eepeqez Long timer

Oddometer:
    We're nearly finished here downunder with summer, we'll start packing it up and posting it back up north shortly... Feel free to keep the snow.
  5. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Such generosity... we really do appreciate you sharing your summer with us, and being canadian, we must reciprocate.

Here's a foot of snow, just for you, with our thanks:

[​IMG]
  6. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    Dude, you live in COCHRANE for crist'ssakes........winter won't be over until June and you're cryin now?
  7. Cumbacheech

Cumbacheech XRated

Oddometer:
    Now that's the right idea!!!:clap
  8. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    I did see a bit of snow this year and there is snow on the mountains...but the mountain are the Hindu Kush and I'm 10,000km from home. Not to worry though, spring melt and I will be home shopping for one or the other.
  9. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:evil

DW
  10. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to get a dangerous twitch in my left eye and Coolwife caught me talking to the GS:huh. Fug it, I'm gonna point the bike south is two weeks and go ride in the sand and drink cheap beer:freaky.

Florida Bound
    drcool
  11. Drilldogger

Drilldogger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode 150km on Friday. Woohooo! I love a good warm spell.

Gotta ask though, up in Cochrane you're allowed to run studs on the road aren't you? Must be lots of back roads, what's stoppin' ya?
  12. rudi

rudi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice dayfor a ride on Saturday. Port Albernie B.C. Cold but sunny

Attached Files:

13. ABADV

ABADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I knew when this thread was posted you must be an Albertan. F*ck it HAS been a long cold winter. My 530 and GS are on life support in the garage. This is the first winter I can remember where I haven't ridden atleast a couple times a month. :cry
  14. DaveBall

DaveBall Long timer

Oddometer:
    rudi,
    I had that exact same view on Sunday. Took the bike out for a run. Was cold but beautiful. Ran over the hump (Alberni summit) down to the Clambucket for a great lunch with friends. There were a few other bikes on the road, but not as many as I would expect on such a great sunny day.

Woke up to very wet flurries today, had more this afternoon and expecting more over the next few days and much colder weather. But cold to us is like -8, so others will probably laugh. Ya gotta remember, here on the wet coast, it is a damp cold, so affects the old bones a lot more. At least that is the story I am going with. :lol3

I really can't wait for some nice warm weather, even if it is raining. In a few more years I am retiring and plan on spending lots of winters in a much warmer and drier climate.
  15. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Geez, don't be so stingy, give him two feet, we've got plenty to spare. And send some of the cold temps to help the snow last. :lol3

I'm getting doubly anxious to see spring now. I just brought home a new bike. Not an adventure bike, still have the F800GS, but a K1200GT for the road trips to replace my aging R1100RS.
  16. slabm7

slabm7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not so sure about the stud thing around here but I can't see who would stop you on the back roads, but its more the temp thing I'm complaining about. Like ABADV stated, its just been a cold winter, Last year I could ride a couple times a month whether it be to work and back or on the Forestry Trunk Road, but this year has been so f*ckin cold!
  17. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Put away the GS on the first week of November. Normally it should be another 30 days before I get my first ride of 2011. Hoping for an early spring!:(:
  18. RVDan

RVDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    sunday was a beautiful riding day, I almost insured my bike but I was still down with a cold.

Monday, it snowed.
  19. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just make friends with somebody on the Island to keep your bike for the winter. Westjet Calgary to Comox can be as low as $58 each way (usually $100ish) and fly out a couple times in the winter, it's an hour each way. My buddy does, we ride then snowboard!
  20. ABADV

ABADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hear ya!