F!ck I'm sick of winter!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by slabm7, Feb 20, 2011.

1. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Geez, it was so hot this morning I pulled the top down on our Jeep
    to go pick the youngest up from kindergarten.

How hot was it?

14c.

I guess it's been too cold for too long.
  2. JCWhite

JCWhite Obsessive Compulsive

Oddometer:
    91 here in NC, with 88% humidity

I hate hot humid weather
  3. Hockeygod

Hockeygod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Frost warnings the last couple of nights here in Cowtown. Nice during the day - about 13C - shorts weather!

Now why didn't the winter kill all them damn skeeters???!!!!
  4. Gold5th

Gold5th Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We were out riding in 9-10degree C weather the other night... my wife froze, she stole my riding pants mid trip. With the Sun 9-10 is fine, at night.. nope
  5. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Ok...I know it's a bit early to re-start this thread but… it's already below freezing every night over here and I'm thinking about doing a few hundreds km's this weekend and after that.... I don't know maybe snow. Too cold to ride to work and it only goes above freezing by 9/10am. Let seen how far with can make it across Canada. I do know that some have already put their bikes away (but mostly Harleys)

[​IMG]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  6. slabm7

slabm7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not looking forward to the next 6 months, the wife is already complaining about my rate of alcohol consumption and its about to go up.
  7. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    That makes 2 of us:D
  8. Gold5th

Gold5th Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I put my bike away.. but not by choice... I was riding to work every day, even when it was below freezing.. It was warm one day, went for a 50-60km ride with a buddy.. got home, went to put my bike away for the night, rear tire was flat.

Looked at it.. I wore it down to cords and a hole.. BUGGER! New tires wasn't in the plan til January..

Wife won't let me ride her's.. and she's not gonna ride anymore this season so it's put away too.

:kboom
  9. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I was out for a short spin today here in the Calgary area. My season is considered finished, unless i'm off and the temps rise. Like a previous poster mentioned, my tires are close to being done, I already have spare tires and will put them on once the snow flies
  10. zokalr13

zokalr13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yeah winter is coming:cry but i go x country skiing on the same logging roads i ride my bike on...it keeps me fit for next riding season .I got a new set of skis and poles and boots for only $350..just dont drink for two days then you can afford some skis....:lol3
  11. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout adventure flyfisher

Oddometer:
    Got the next couple off, figure I'll go for one last float on the bow and catch a few more trout,put the boat away and then spend one last day on the bike before puttin her to bed.... mind you we have had some pretty nice November days in the past so who knows......:lol3
  12. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just picked up skis and boots. Figure I'll get back into downhill at this late stage of life, before falling in the lift line will result in a broken hip. LOL! I'm such a bitch all winter....I have to do something. Going stateside Thursday to pick up my new (to me) DR650.....maybe I'll give it a truck ride south for a week or two mid-winter? Time will tell.
    Lyle
  13. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Took my last ride/fishing trip last week-end, good fishing but it was only 4C on Saturday morning when we left and -7C on Sunday morning. Next week I'll park the bike till April.:baldy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>

[​IMG]
  14. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout adventure flyfisher

Oddometer:
    Looks like the jacks were awake but don't you wish they were pickeral/walleye:clap looks like you have more than enough for a good feed cut out those y-bones The fishin here is pretty much catch and release unless you are on a lake.
  15. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:

But debone they are tasty:D
    [​IMG]
  16. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    I hope my last ride is a ways off yet, supposed to be nice tommorow and Im off, so away we go.

I like winter, skiing, sledding etc., its the in between rainy cold shit that gets to me, but I get more stuff done in the garage then.

Come winter I trade in the 35hp DR for something a little more sporty, with about 130 ponies on top of that 35:evil, so its not all bad:D

[​IMG]

Todd
  17. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Winter? What's that? :dunno :lol3
  18. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Ouest coast :dunno :lol3 most be nice
  19. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Went for a wee spin on the wee Bandit today. Think I'll ride it to work tomorrow. Headed down to the States to bring back a DR Thursday. Hope to get a ride or several on it before I put it to bed. Usually we have full time snow by now though, so I is on borrowed time.
    Lyle
  20. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is nice, believe me :D