F!ck I'm sick of winter!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by slabm7, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mxbulldog

mxbulldog Braaaap!

Oddometer:
    Where was the ride/fishing trip to? I love jackfish. I might even like them more than walleye or perch. Looks like a sweet setup there too!

2. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Little Red Willow Lake, north east of Big River. You can find it in google maps if you do a search for it. For more pics click on my Day Tripping" in my signature
  3. preppypyro

preppypyro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like some of ya guys got in decent last rides. I took my bike out for a nice ride saturday along the saskatchewan river, off road, and it was a blast.

Gotta clean the carbs on the summit and the formula and wait for a little more snow then its back to riding again :D
  4. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    15C and sunny here!

Likely did 350 miles on Sunday. It was cool but nothing a vest and a Roadcrafter can't cover.

Just got back to the office after a 100 mile loop and the only issue I've got is the damn forest rats are moving around. 2 of them scared the shite out of me doing 80mph in and 80k zone. No deer for lunch so it's all good.

I'll try to make it to December but who knows what Moter nature has in store for us this winter.
    drcool
  5. Gold5th

Gold5th Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :cry it seems really nice out today, hovering just above freezing. I coulda rode. Tomorrow or Thursday it's supposed to be 10 above... I coulda rode.. but nope.. bike in storage alread (burned off the rear tire :p gotta order another one still)
  6. gsstampeder

gsstampeder Long timer

Oddometer:
    i hear ya on those forest rats.....had a coupla dart out on me on my last two rides. I wasn't doing 80mph but I was going fast enough that I had no choice but to just let nature take her course.....fortunately the course veered around me and not thru me.

Mid teens tomorrow so I'm officially in full on hookey mode as of.....NOW!:clap
  7. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    About 15 here today too, got to go out and play since I worked all weekend:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. gsstampeder

gsstampeder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got out for another afternoon ride today, didn't even need the electric gear. Gotta love Novembers like this.....

BTW, nice pic Todd. Does that sand go far into the trail? Looks like fun :muutt
  9. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jeff, the sand comes and goes on the trails, that area is interesting, the sand is bottomless in places , fun and tough at the same time:D
  10. Shirker

Shirker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got a good ride in Friday up to Whistler, rode convoy with 3 moto guys met en route up to Squamish, really relaxing, letting somebody else ride point looking for erhm problems.
    6 oysters in Barefoot Bistro and back before the temps dropped and the ticks on the windshield from semifrozen rain got worse. It's funny how much more you enjoy a trip when you know it'll be the last of the season along that route.
  11. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Went out for about 3 hours today on the Norton. Sunny, cool, windy, leaves everywhere so no agressive stuff. It actually was pretty cold even with the heated vest, my hands lost the fight 2 hours in. Bike loved the cool weather, probably 3-4C.
    My personal thoughts, the older it gets, the shittier winter is, it's just no good.

Steve
  12. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bought new skis. Bought new ski boots. Bought a new snowblower. Snow is about three weeks late. My plot is working!
    Lyle
  13. bumper1871

bumper1871 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was 18C and sunny yesterday and I went for a 200 Km ride.

Just great.:clap

But just in case I am going to install the snow tires on the car tomorrow.
  14. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Only 8C here today but it was a gorgeous sunny day. Spent all day on the WR riding until I was too cold to go on, stopping for coffee, then going again - 250 km :D
  15. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be vewy vewy qwiet fwom now on :lol3
  16. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did my last ride yesterday too.....maybe 300kms in total...great during the day, but once the sun went down downright freezing! Rode home in the dark for an hour or so....absolutely froze to death. It took a 1/2hour hot shower just to get the frozen digits from hurting. I even had on winter gloves and a heated vest, core was good on medium but it was still too cold for me to enjoy the ride any more. So, unless we get temps over 15, I'm done.:cry
  17. Transitwally

Transitwally Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <DT>Today</DT><DD>A mix of sun and cloud. Clearing late this afternoon. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. High plus 3.</DD>
    Most keep riding, can not stop, most keep riding.
  18. Transitwally

Transitwally Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    -3°C this morning, it's time to park it. Not looking forward to having PMS. :bluduh (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)
  19. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    I didn't even get a chance to ride my new to me 08 DR before the cold and snow set in.

Its -18c with close to a foot of snow on the ground this morning :cry
  20. OldSilverFox

OldSilverFox Let's Go!

Oddometer:
    Neil
    I saw earlier you put out a post in the Flatistan thread re bike storage in Orlando.
    Does that mean your'e going to bring your bike down here for me to ride (er I mean store in Florida) for the winter till you can come down to ride? I'll even wash it occasionally.