F650 & 800 Positives

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by huckleberry, Dec 25, 2008.

1. dsavage

dsavage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put tkc 80's on my 650gs twin and rode some mountain roads in and around Ruidoso, New Mexico. Great traction. Corners as well as street tires. Couldn't have made it on one of the roads without these tires. Well, not without busting my ass.
  2. geno_rocket

geno_rocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For me the f8 fell into the Goldilocks category. Not too big (previously owned a r1150gs), not too small (was thinking KLR for a while), just right in terms of power, weight, efficiency, and go-anywhere ability.

The f8 also was the first bike I bought new. I liked the dealer experience, inspite of the investment. So all was good there.

Of course there is always the fact that it has the prestige of being a BMW. Yeah, I know, but in this Harely gone mad world, that was worth something.

There is also the fact that once purchased, you can farkle it to no end.
  3. M N B

M N B would rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Best thing about the F800GS?

I own one. :)

It's a very fun bike to ride. Handles great, inspires confidence in it's ability to handle the situation.

Every bike has flaws, the F800GS is no exception. But not every bike is as much fun to ride.
  4. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at the F650GS.....find the 800 just a tad tall, and the 650 fits. Both the wallet and the inseam. The F8 is better looking though. Are the engines the same, other than state of tune? Will they be a bullet proof as the boxers? Is it an engine I can get 100K out of?
  5. huckleberry

huckleberry BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer:
    engines are the same except for cam and tuning---both 800cc rotax don't really know if it will outlast a boxer but it should come close --if you think the 800 looks better paint it to look like a 800!