F650 Exhaust Mods

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by hk_rider, Jul 10, 2002.

1. hk_rider

hk_rider Urban Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey everyone,

just got a '02 GS and now i'm looking to start messing with it. which exhaust system do you recommend for the bike: Remus, Laser, or Staintune?

i'd be interested in hearing any input/opinions/experiences with these exhausts.
  2. Scotty

Scotty Adventurer X

Oddometer:
    Hey there HK Rider,
    Congrats on the purchase of you gs! I am gonna recomend the same mods that quite a few of us on the ADV. rider site have made to our F650s!
    First of all I recommend STAINTUNE simply because it gets rid of the canister on the right side and frees up some space, less weight, SOUNDS GREAT (especially with the baffle OUT), is reasonably priced, looks KICK ASS and install is pretty simple!

Next, if you would like a little boost and a better breathing motor, you could and in MY opinion should (unless it rains a lot in HK), chop the snorkel.. This will give you a lot quiker throttle response (easier wheelies&stuff), and a little "throatier" sound! But the verdict is still out as far as what this does to your fuel consumption! You can check this mod out @

http://faq.f650.com/GSFAQs/SnorkelFAQ.htm

Actually if you have not already been there you should check out

F650.com

One can find ANYTHING they ever wanted to know about the F650's at this site as well as chit chat!

Anyway Take care and good luck with your new GS!!!!!!
    Safe Travels,
    Scotty
  3. hk_rider

hk_rider Urban Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hi Scotty,

i've checked out the chaingang and their excellent faq. i go by hk_rider on that board as well. i'd like to chop the snorkel, but we get monsoon rains and typhoons here in HK during the summer and early fall, so it's probably not a good idea.

how do u remove the baffles from a Staintune?

-Will
  4. Scotty

Scotty Adventurer X

Oddometer:
    D'OH! Ya I did'nt think about the Ol' Monsoons........

There is just one set screw on the underside of the baffle that must be removed......Then ya just take two pair of pliers, one on the top lip of baffle and one lower lip and wiggle the b'jeezus out of it until said baffle falls out in your hand! Thats it!
    Take care Will,
    Scotty