F650GS Price increase?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Dave92029, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Dave92029

Dave92029 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I heard from a reliable soucre that BMW will be increasing the price of the F650GS by $700 shortly.

Anyone else hear the same thing? :freaky
  2. ABQTJ

ABQTJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3% across the board is the rumor...it's not just the F650GS I believe.
  3. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    The 800GS price will rise.
  4. Denali_va

Denali_va Guest

Yup, get your's today or it'll cost $740 more tomorrow, at least that's the increase at my local dealer.
  5. ABQTJ

ABQTJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    unless it's a unit already in stock...if they raise the price on something they already have, that's shady and I'd call them on it.
  6. dsavage

dsavage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought one Thanksgiving week and was told by the dealer that the price is going up $750 in January. I think the bike is worth what I paid for it but not so sure at this new price.
  7. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    "Shady" implies that it is unethical and I don't see this. If the new model goes up in price, it probably makes the price on the old model a little firmer. It's all supply and demand - they're free to ask any price they want and we're free to walk out the door.

- Mark
  8. M N B

M N B would rather be riding

Oddometer:
    I heard from the owner of BMWSC that the F800GS is going up $500 and the F650GS is going up $800. I was under the impression that already happened and that I'd just got my purchase in before the increase, :rayof but perhaps it hasn't gone into effect yet?
  9. tmex

tmex Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exchange rates drive the the lion's share of price fluctation for goods produced outside the USA. With the demos in control of the government you can expect things to get much worse (or better depending on your point of view).
  10. Steel_Cowboy

Steel_Cowboy back in the saddle....homeward bound

Oddometer:
    In a free market it is worth what the purchaser is paying and the seller selling. Therefore, if they raise prices, people will pay, thereby making it worth the extra $750. If they don't, well then they will discount and be worth less, right?