F700 wheel spacers

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by OFOAM, Mar 6, 2020.

1. OFOAM

OFOAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody have any luck with finding after market wheel spacers for the F700. I know about scheffelmeier but the ones they make are for the F800. It uses 3 spacers but the F7 needs 4. The rear spacers are the same for both bikes but the F7 uses 2 in the front. I sent scheffelmeier an email asking about spacers for the F7. I have heard nothing back. Hate to spend $50+ on the OEMs knowing I'll have to replace them in 2 more tire changes. May not have any choice.
  2. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    You change yours ? That isn't a groove .it a heavy duty marine grease reservoir.
  3. OFOAM

OFOAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dude, this isn't helpful.
  4. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was about to post similar. I've never replaced the spools and use lots of waterproof Belray or similar and have yet to find ANY dirt or water getting past the seal. YMMV
  5. Strawdog

Strawdog Strawdog

Oddometer:
  6. morfic

morfic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Call around town for small machine shops that do “walk-ins”, I worked at a place where we made parts people brought in all the time.
    Most based on provided samples.
    Parts for their lawn mowers to pulleys for muscle car water pumps (found that particularly fun because he came back with the part installed, and as machinist you don’t get to see the assembled parts too often)
    JRWooden likes this.