F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    $469 is the cheapest. 10-15% off coupons are always available on Black Friday if you can wait.

Cheapest - https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Sargent-Seats-BMW-F750-850GS/ (no grip zones on the edges, different cover)
    Step up - best for touring & standing has grippy sides and a nice lower back arch support - https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/BMW-F750-850GS-PPlus/
    Enduro style, flat seat - https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/BMW-F750-850GS-Enduro/

Here's their 1st and 2nd tier seat heights:
    [​IMG]

Our F750GS has a Low Seat, so the rise is only .4" which is completely appropriate. the Low seat from BMW has so little material that this would be a nice increase while still being .6" lower than BMW's standard.
  2. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I have the Ralleye seat so it is the tallest (at 35"). I wouldn't mind dropping an inch +/-. But mostly concerned with getting rid of the forward slant which keeps my panties bunched up all the time!
    I am going to disassemble my stock Ralleye seat this winter, and shave down the rear half of the sitting area to be lower, and more dished. It will cost me only time.
    If this fails to improve it, then I will look at aftermarket options next year. Hopefully there will be more of them by then. I was interested in the Seating Concepts that SnoDrtRider got... but read that their seat is 1.5" lower than the standard seat which is lower than my Ralleye by 1.2" already... Not sure I want to drop 2.7" as this may require re-locating my foot pegs and levers. I can get both feet down now (not quite flat) so that would be a lot of unnecessary drop.
    Of course, I might get less wind turbulence being that low.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    You should go back and read the Seat Concepts web page again I believe it says their seat is 1.5" lower than the Rally Seat...
  4. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    F750GS is 7/8, not 1-1/8.
    Horizoneyes likes this.
  5. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm using the aforementioned bracket. It is a quality piece of metal. I'm using it to mount my NAV6 above the TFT. No vibration at superslab speeds. Easy to install, too.
    Horizoneyes likes this.
  6. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got the SC kit, and it is way better than the OEM forward "push" into the tank. Still there a little bit, but it's so much better and way, way cheaper than a Sargent.
  7. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    SnoDrtRider, I have had zero issue with side-to-side movement, nor vibration with the $30.00 import. I'm sure the Dresden mount at $120+ mount is a fine piece of engineering, but sometimes less is more.
    SnoDrtRider and heatmizr like this.
  8. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Hear that apexal?? ;-P
  9. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    I would have likely tried this mount but did not see them until I built my own for $30.
  10. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    You are sort of right! I was reading the specs off the Sargent site... My bad.
    On the Seat Concepts it says it's 1.5" lower than the GS Adventure... but I have no idea how that compares to my GS with rally seat...
    * just looked it up, GS Adventure standard C is 34.4. Which would still leave me 1.9 in lower than my current seat... A bit much.

Have you seen anywhere on their site where they show examples of the different fabric choices? They list three different kinds but I don't know which is which in the picture.
  11. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    https://seatconcepts.com/pages/materials-gallery

I had a Carbon Fiber with Low Slip on my last one and it was good. This time I figured I would try the Diamante... I didn't care for it when I first took out out of the box but after using it I like it a lot.

It is like a synthetic suede and dries very quickly when wet...
  12. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    I placed an order for a Sargent last night. Really looking forward to it as my bottom needs a break! I ordered the low base with orange welt to match my Ice Grey GSA.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  13. TommyTuenz

TommyTuenz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just pre-ordered the Sargent as well, with lupin blue welt for the GSA. The stock seat has parts of my anatomy buzzing after 45 minutes or so in the saddle. I'm hoping a different density of foam will mitigate that somewhat.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  14. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I mounted this fr fender extension this morning. Used the 4 plastic rivets it came with, then added a 5th larger one I had sitting around.
    It is as advertised.
    Once I add the Wunderlich skid plate (if it ever ships) the combo should keep most of the crap out of that area.
    IMAG4603.jpg IMAG4604.jpg
  15. Horizoneyes

Horizoneyes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    looking for suggestions on auxiliary brake light for safety / visiblilty
    thanks
  16. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Two primary options that are plug & play

Denali B6 Brake Light (Requires CanSmart Module)
    Clearwater Billie (Requires CanOpener)

There are other options out there but most require a bit of electrical knowledge. Those 2 are plug & play
    NOVA_F850GSA and Horizoneyes like this.
  17. Horizoneyes

Horizoneyes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Adam, confirms my research
    AdamChandler likes this.
  18. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    As someone who will soon have the B6 and has the Billie now, I can't wait to post a comparison video showing the 2 in action. The strobe when braking effect both offer is great for getting people's attention.
    Horizoneyes likes this.
  19. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Has anyone personally viewed the stock brake light action that supposedly gets extra bright when you brake hard? Does it work well?
    SnoDrtRider, have you witnessed this on your wife's bike?
  20. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    No but I will check it out... She is usually behind me and never mentioned mine modulating to different levels.
    Is this in the owner's manual? First time I have heard about it.