F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    This beauty arrived
    [​IMG]
    slackline likes this.
  2. proeasy

proeasy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you done the bypass pipe as well?
  3. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Doing both! Going to mix and match and find what I prefer.
  4. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    That does look sweet. I bought the Remus bypass pipe months ago, figured one day this winter when I am bored I would do a before/after video.
    ... But the more I ride it stock, the more I really like it as is. My last bike was a loud sportbike; as good as it sounded, I think the understated stock growl suits this bike well.
    After I mount the Remus just to see, I may very well just sell it & go back to stock.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your bike is an 850, correct? Let me know if you do decide to sell. I might be interested...
    heatmizr likes this.
  6. Missingtheapex

Missingtheapex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's my contribution to this thread. The first of many accessories I'm sure. Currently deciding between the WRS capanord windscreen and the MRA touring vario.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. proeasy

proeasy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was all set to do both bypass pipe and Arka/Remus can. For me the bypass pipe is more the adequate. Perhaps a litte too much back fire in dynamic or endure pro,,, funny how BWM can program that in. My 1200/1250 buddie are envious of the growl.

Coming back to earlier posts about low speed chuggeing, on my former 800 went down one tooth the CS. Considering that on the 850, however it will idle along no slipping of clutch at approx. 7mph (post may have been in the merged forum)
  8. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Missing The Apex - what is that headlight picture showing, some kind of lens protector film? It almost looks like a tear-off with those tabs.

Slackline - sent pm
  9. Missingtheapex

Oddometer:
    Correct, I put a yellow Laminx film on the headlight. I've started doing that to all my motorcycles in the past couple years. I like the look and the film is surprisingly strong.
  10. apexal

apexal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the bypass pipe with the stock muffler. I eliminated the resonator because of looks.......to me it's a big, ugly box. But now it's louder than I prefer. I wear earplugs when I ride which helps ME but I still get all that bubbling and popping on deceleration. I've considered painting the resonator with black heatproof paint to make it less conspicuous so maybe that's a project for this winter.
    heatmizr and AdamChandler like this.
  11. seezur

seezur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So what's everyone doing for windscreens? Here's my issue:

-Bought the 750
    -Installed the adjustable mounting bracket that comes stock on the GSA.
    -Got the OEM "touring" windscreen but find it really lacking.

Issue now is, I can't seem to find a windscreen that fits the mount. I've ordered the Puig 850/Adventure model, and the holes were too far apart (managed to bend the frame into place). Bought the Touratech 850 and the holes are also too far apart, maybe half inch high and to the sides.

So are there 3 mounting patterns?
    1.) F750 stock "short"
    2.) F850 stock "large"
    3.) F850GSA adjustable

I like the adjustable mount but can't find a screen for it it seems. Anyone know of any?
    AdamChandler likes this.
  12. Daechir

Daechir Adventurer

Oddometer:

I changed to the adjustable and it's the same holes as the stock "large" windscreen.
    so every windscreen for the F850gs should fit.

And the stock windscreen for the F850GSA is rather good.
  13. seezur

seezur Adventurer

Oddometer:

See, that was my understanding but literally none of the 850 screens I've tried work. The holes are all too far apart. The OEM "touring" screen fits perfectly, but the Puig was off, the Touratech was off as well. Is it a tolerance issue? I know I saw someone with an adjustable and a Puig touring screen that fit.
  14. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    And it arrived today. I was a little torn over the orange, but I decided to stick it out. Glad I did. Beautifully finished as always!

EC013B64-B2D9-4153-B6AC-E215EC00FB47.jpeg
  15. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Oh my god that's sexy.
  16. Missingtheapex

Oddometer:
    Just installed a WRS Capanord windscreen. So much better than stock, and I love the lines on it. Suits the bike very well.

[​IMG]
  17. seezur

seezur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have you had much saddle time with it? What do you think in terms of wind protection? I'm having trouble with light buffeting at 70-80 mph at 5' 9". I've tried stock F750GS, OEM touring, Puig touring and just managed to get the Touratech one on tonight (sadly, the most expensive and worst of the bunch).
  18. Missingtheapex

Oddometer:
    The WRS is good for me, I'm only 5'7 though so I'm not sure if it would work for you. I've had it up to 100 MPH so far with no problem. The wind just little brushes the top of my head. And it's not a turbulent stream. I also used a windshield extension on the stock screen and it worked OK as well. Much better then just stock anyway.
  19. Burberr23

Burberr23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you feel that the low Sargent seat is actually lower than the stock seat? Looks great. I just ordered a low seat from them and hoping it gets me lower than the stock standard seat.
  20. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    It's roughly .4" higher than stock. [​IMG]