F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to pop in and say that the Remus mid-pipe mod does not work with the Akra can so if you want to do both, go Remus Muffler + Remus Mid-Pipe . The Akra was about .5" past the hanger bolt hole. I spent about an hour trying to get it all married up and while I got the bolt in, it was putting a lot of strain on all of the exhaust work so I've decided to keep the Akra and return the mid-pipe.
  2. seezur

seezur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interesting. What model was the windshield extension?
  3. seezur

seezur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got my Sargent low a couple days ago and it’s definitely noticeably lower. Seems comfortable enough for short jaunts.
  4. Gyrolion

Gyrolion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is wrong with the touratech one? I was thinking of ordering that screen.
  5. Missingtheapex

Missingtheapex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This wunderlich copy from Amazon.

Motoparty Motorcycle Windshield Extension Windscreen Clip on For Triumph Aprilia Kawasaki Harley Honda BMW Yamaha Suzuki KTM Ducati Indian Victory Agusta Benelli and more motorcycles with windshield https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V6GG9V7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.OqADbD4SY7YW
  6. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been a longtime fan of Sargent seats but have not yet committed to replacing my Rallye seat. If I do i'll go for the Enduro style Sargent which is what I had on my F800GS. I looked at the Sargent web page and they don't show the underside of the seat pan very well. Does it include a stash compartment like their other seats do? Also, they show a flashlight with USB charger, is that included?
  7. seezur

seezur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if there’s anything wrong per se. I did an hour and change today, mostly at 70-80 mph. I used it mainly in the high position of the OEM adjustable mount.

My impressions are that it lets more air hit your body due to the narrower midsection, which is actually nice for warmer weather. I did notice a fair bit of wind noise and some light buffeting at 65+.

It’s not a terrible windscreen, just seems not much different from the OEM touring as far as performance, despite the increase in height. So far the Puig has been best for flat out wind protection with very slight buffeting and almost no turbulence. It is very tall though and it’s noticeable when catching a cross breeze.

Here's the Touratech after today's ride:
    IMG_7058.jpg
  8. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    Regarding my SARGENT ... I did buy the low and though they declare it as being .4” higher than the OEM low, there is more to a seat than just a measured height. Just as important is the arc of your legs. The SARGENT feels slightly narrower at the thigh pass when stopped —making it feel just about the same as stock if not actually lower. When up in the seat and going, it is MUCH more comfortable. Definitely a win-win.

The underneath has no tool or stow zones, except for a recess for the provided (now rechargeable) flashlight.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  9. bikeymikey70

bikeymikey70 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Windscreens, bloody windscreens

Have ditched the WRS, too much noise around the helmet, IMG_6707.JPG IMG_6709.JPG IMG_6708.JPG and ordered a Madstad, hopefully this will be better? Will take it out tomorrow for a ride, looks great on the 750, and is adjustable for height and rake
    AdamChandler likes this.
  10. seezur

seezur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What height Madstad is that in the picture? Are you going to put on the side deflectors?
  11. bikeymikey70

bikeymikey70 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    22” height, will put on the deflectors later in the week, just ran out of time yesterday, having to balance time between kids and motorbike
  12. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    The mods really tie the room together:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Daechir likes this.
  13. Daechir

Daechir Adventurer

Oddometer:

nice bike.
    Which exhaust is that?
  14. Daechir

Daechir Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know if there is a cat plate so I don't have to look at it?
    I need the cat to be able to enter germany and luxemburg so removing it is not an option.
  15. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
  16. Burberr23

Burberr23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have the Hepco Becker tank and engine bars? Wondering if they are any good or whether I should wait for the Altrider bars.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  17. proeasy

proeasy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Yep for now that's the plan. Resonator is already returned to REvzilla.
  19. mspgirl

mspgirl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the Hepco Becker tank guards and put them to the test Monday. They are a little scratched but my tank isn't.
  20. apexal

apexal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Curious here. What is a cat plate?