F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    It’s solid but we haven’t done any touring yet.
    Horizoneyes likes this.
  2. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    You guys must ride differently than I do cause I can't even see the resonator when I'm on the bike. :lol2
    Bombadier36, ssilliman, 04478 and 4 others like this.
  3. bikeymikey70

bikeymikey70 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Happy with the Madstad screen, was able to ride at 120km/h with the helmet visor open, and bugger all noise IMG_6708.JPG
    xsf18cdf likes this.
  4. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Anyone know who makes this screen? I would like one for my 850...

69435316_2605954996138236_6102277976399806464_n.jpg
    ssilliman, TitanRanger and Phoenix101 like this.
  5. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Hell, I can make that for ya!

On that nav bracket, do the diagonal sections of the vertical arms interfere with the bottom left of the Nav mount at all, or inhibit adjustment of the angle?

Missing The Apex - Wow! A proper menace to society! Sounds glorious.
  6. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    excellent video @misstheapex, mine doesn't sound like that but it has a nice low grumble now and some good crack to it.

As for accessories, I just received my LaminX headlight protector last night, they have properly cut film for these bikes in a few colors, I went with yellow for visibility....heck all of my lights are primarily for visibility as I don't ride at night around here much. Have my AltRider shipment coming tonight with my High Low brake pedal extender and the mesh headlight protector.
  7. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nobody has anything to say about handlebars?
  8. Missingtheapex

Missingtheapex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks man, yeah I love the sound now. I also put the yellow laminx protector on. I love how it looks at night even though I never ride at night either. Make sure you install it wet to avoid bubbles.
  9. Missingtheapex

Oddometer:
    Hey slack line. I can't speak to the handlebars but I can say that I installed 2 inch rox Risers with no issue at all, I also lowered the forks about 8mm though for better on road feel so that may have given me enough slack.
    slackline likes this.
  10. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Raised the forks. Lowered the triples. :brow

That is such a sport bike mod that I never even considered it on this bike... But why not? Can you feel much diff at 8mm drop?
  11. Missingtheapex

Oddometer:
    Tip in is a bit quicker than normal, bike feels a bit more flickable which I like. I've been riding track for over 15 years so I'm a little sensitive to bike geometry.
    ssilliman likes this.
  12. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Honestly it doesn't feel too sluggish stock for having a 21" front... The wide handlebars help.
    I may give this a try though.

I was active on track for a while. Then I got married
  13. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Ok. I don't think Wunderlick (sic) is going to bother to make any of these AWESOME SKID PLATES and fulfill my order until a few more of you order one.
    PLEASE go to http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/26840301-302.html
    and order one now!

I placed my pre-order in May, and knew there would be a wait... but I am growing impatient. I bet they are waiting until they have a substantial number of orders before doing a production run. Meanwhile they have my $400 :bluduh
  14. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Link came up blank,
  15. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This one that says it’s in stock? http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/26840311-312.html
  16. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
  17. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Really?? Feedback?

I see the confusion, there are two versions on their site. With, or without mounting hardware. I have the stock hardware, so ordered the second one. They show In Stock for the version with mounting hardware, Not In Stock for the version without. Obviously they are confused.

I will call them and rattle their cage.
  18. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    yeah, I stupidly ordered the one with hardware due to a misunderstanding, maybe that's the issue. As for the skid plate, it's very light and it absolutely protects high on the headers. Rode through some serious muck and grime and had no mud or rocks plastered on the headers without a fender extender. Took some good hits on rock as well that left no marks or dents. Not sure what kind of aluminum this is but it makes a sound like hardened steel when rocks hit it, at first it really threw me what that sound was. I'm used to aluminum making a dead thud not a high pitch ringing sound.....must have something to do with the heat and molding process. So, it's hardened but if I have one concern for the long haul it's that it's hardened and that could translate to brittle over time.
  19. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Good info, thanks. I have to say it's by FAR the best looking skid plate out there IMO. Did you get the silver or black? I have a front fender extension I just put on, maybe I should have waited and not bothered...

I tried calling Wunderlick (sic) and got a recording that they don't answer phones until 10am?? I see this dealer is in Hendersonville NC near me though.

Do you recall when the one you ordered became AVAILABLE on their site? Perhaps mine is on the way, though the fact they have mine marked Not In Stock makes me think its totally in error and just sitting in BackOrdered status on their system... If that is the case I won't be please, given that I have had a couple communications with them about the status...
  20. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Ordered the black one with hardware on 23 August and it was delivered 28 August. Their shipping email communication was good and timely so I'd suspect that unless you've received the email indicating it's shipped it's not on the way.