F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Got the yellow LaminiX headlight film and Altrider Mesh headlight guard on. I chose the color solely to be more visible on road, making it a little out of the norm so hopefully I'm not invisible. Also installed the AltRider High/Low brake pedal extension......no chance yet to see how much I like this but it certainly makes the brake easier to get to while standing. BlackDog pegs have been on for a while and I wouldn't ride without them. My Tractionator Adventure rear tire arrived and I wrestled that for a bit, embarrassed to say I've almost exclusively just hauled my tire and wheel to a shop to put it on in the past. Watched a video of a guy changing one on another bike using the kickstand to break the bead while it's obviously still on the center stand. Likely not news to any of you but it changed the game for me and good grief that was easy. Also rigged in some auxiliary Rock light red LED's on the rear to work as a brighter tail/brake light. Tied them into the CANsmart controller and they now flash under braking. IMG_0410.JPG 58933817169__7F072718-63B8-48D1-852D-63DB101CFE56.JPG 58933818348__3D3F9F98-019A-4542-9094-B245D986DC6D.JPG
    BlackDogCycleWorks likes this.
  2. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Jeeeez... So I called Wunderlick (sic) and "they come from Germany two diff ways, w and w/o hardware. We just pass them along. No ETA on the units w/o hardware." <long pause on my end.....>
    Then Jesse went and got the go ahead to ship me one of the units they have in stock, promised to get it out today. No upcharge for the one with the extra kit. So they just needed a little prodding.:1drink
  3. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    well, most people probably paid attention enough and realized they don't need the hardware if they have the stock "skid plate" so mine shipped quick.
  4. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I know, but if they have the skid plate with extra bits, then why wouldn't they have the skid plate by itself...
  5. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    That's way too disorganized for germans
    heatmizr likes this.
  6. bikeymikey70

bikeymikey70 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorting out the gear for a trip in a fortnight, Andy Strapz panniers and Trax Top box, I think I will fit on the bike somewhere IMG_1006.JPG
    heatmizr likes this.
  7. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    my solution to carrying tools so you can remove the tires... the wrench was 17.00 shipped from E-bay and the Allen wrench... I think I got from TouraTech... not sure, about the same $$$ shipped. I then cut them down to fit in the tool bag and then under the seat of the bike.

upload_2019-9-6_21-9-25.png

I just need to get one of these

upload_2019-9-6_21-32-5.png
    bikeymikey70 likes this.
  8. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Got it overnight! It's booty-ful!
    KS I may have q's for you on the mounting, as I got poorly photocopied instructions for the other version but they are not clear on what to re-use from the stock setup.
  9. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    It bolts up with 4 screws to the goofy brackets that the old plastic thing was bolted to. Me thinks it even uses the same bolts if’n I remember correctly(removes and replaced a lot of torn head screws since then). The “hardware” option for these skid plates is just wunderlichs duplicated version of the factory bracketry
  10. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    - Wunderlich Skid Plate Install -
    Well a 20 min job turned into 3hrs cuz this GD thing doesn't fit with TouraTech crash bars.
    I was going to grind a chunk out of this brand new skid plate, but instead I got the bright idea to bend the mounting brackets down and forward to move the skid plate away from the crash bar. Well, I should have went with my first plan... those beefy little steel brackets are an absolute bitch to bend even using a vice and a pry bar. And then you have to bend them the exact same amount or the mounting points don't line up with the plate. Actually one of the rear holes on the plate was mis located by a quarter inch in the first place so I had to drill that fucker out too... Broke a dremel bit in the process.
    I got it about a half inch lower and more forward than it ought to be but it clears the bar now and should be ok.
    The mounting w the rubber grommets is funky, not explained well only that they cannot be under tension.??? I understand but it's not clear how to go about that... I tightened mine up nice. End result I *think* will be OK, probably worrying about it too much.
    First pic shows the contact during test fit, second is final. IMAG4663.jpg IMAG4667.jpg
  11. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good luck!
  12. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Hah.
    Could you tell I was frustrated after busting my balls in the frigging heat all afternoon??
  13. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it cleared the wunderlich bars but not by much. You're more ambitious than I would have been, I'd have just "clearanced" it with a grinder.
  14. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    That would have been far smarter, quicker and less sweaty of a job... I still have half a mind to do just that and swap my 'modified' brackets for the ones I got from Wunderlick (sic).
    I can't wait to get my first branch wedged into the nice decreasing gap there, it will happen eventually!
  15. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone with Denali lights on their F750/F850? any photos?
  16. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Interested myself, I am really wanting a set.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  17. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is the only one I've found:
    [​IMG]

but I'm particularly interested in their new smaller S4 lights instead with an amber color (which doesn't seem to be available).

Here are their new S4s (bottom) alongside D7s (top) and D4s (middle) on an R1200GS. The S4s would probably look a lot more appropriate than the D4s on an F750.
    [​IMG]
  18. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Was looking at the D4's, but I also rode with a buddy with Clearwater Ericas over the weekend and WOW, those things are serious bright. That 1200 sure isn't lacking in night time visibility!!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  19. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    I left Clearwater when I spec’d lights for my 850. I am thrilled with the Denali. Just outstanding. Sorry for the cropped pic quality. It was about the best I had quickly available, I can take more later.

642F582A-C78E-4044-87F7-10F71C6F59CF.jpeg
    AdamChandler likes this.
  20. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wife's 2019 F750GS

upload_2019-9-10_16-47-49.png
    upload_2019-9-10_16-48-38.png

I think I got the brackets from HB when we bought the bars.
    AdamChandler likes this.