1. eNewsletter Sign Up

F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:

... and now I am thinking about those Puig levers...!
    slackline likes this.
  2. Gyrolion

Gyrolion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about fitting my GSA with a low sargent seat, and keep the rallye seat for real off-road use and not iron butt distances.
    What do you guys think for the welt color.
    Just plain white welt, or a flashy blue one. Or no welt at all.. hmmm. I'm not sure what will look good on a rallye GSA.
  3. bikeymikey70

bikeymikey70 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I popped the cherry on the weekend, dropped it after stalling it whilst turning to park, and didn’t have the feet down.

Happy to say no damage thanks to bark busters and soft panniers full of clothes, and was super easy to lift back up, glad I got Andy Strapz panniers IMG_1022.JPG
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  4. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    The welt colors are pretty subjective. I've found matching them to the primary fairing color is nice but might make the seat stand out more than it should. Can't go wrong with silver or black welt. Probably helps selling the seat easier down the road.
  5. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    went with the HB on the wife's 750, easy to install and look very sturdy... they also do not contact anything with full turn either way
  6. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I was staring at the pics and wasn't sure... It appears they kind of wrap around the inner corner of the stock hand shields for clearance.
    I have kind of turned around now am leaning toward the BarkBusters just cuz they are aluminum and prob much lighter. How much do those H&B's weigh?
    Thinking the Alum BB's will give some on impact, and reduce the force to the handlebar? Could save them at some point.
    Also I might try running the BB alum frames with no plastics.
  7. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm running the bark busters without the plastics because Twisted Throttle shipped me just the frames. They worked just fine like that when the bike went down last week.
  8. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
  9. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I took a test ride this weekend just around the hood after installing the Remus mid-pipe, wow it sounds really nice! Definitely a little louder but not too much so with the stock canister still in place. But it altered the character. Sounds even more like a 90-deg twin. It's def got a bit sharper sound (esp on startup, a surprising crackle!) and more delicious burbling on lower rev deceleration, like in 3rd gear. I was wondering if BMW was somehow piping in the sound through a hidden speaker like in the M5 ;-)

I should have gotten on the freeway for a mile or two to check it at a steady 5k rpm but (full disclosure) I had on no gear, and it was HOT out. Hopefully there is no highway speed drone that I missed. I’ll run it all weekend on a 3 day rally ride, and decide if I want to keep it on. I really had not anticipated liking it this much; I am kinda 50/50 now. I was digging the muted stock sound and didn’t really want any increase in volume but it sounds soooo goooood. One area it might get tiring is slow riding on dirt roads. Or maybe not, I’ll just be able to hear it better.

I like the idea of keeping the canister stock for now even though it's a little on the heavy side. This bike will no doubt go down again and it won’t bother me much on the stock can. If it gets beat up at some point I will then have the choice of either getting another used stock can cheap, or finally upgrading to an aftermarket can. I will hold on to the silencer the Remus replaced so I’ll have the ability to mix and match them. At least two of you guys have mounted both and say it's too loud.

The only hitch I had was re-mounting the heat shield to the Remus, had to slightly drill out one of the bolt holes to get it to match up just right. NBD.
    bobw, DustySprocket and AdamChandler like this.
  10. Pipeman

Pipeman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep I installed the Dominator mid pipe and like it WAAAAAAAAY ! better then the stock one. Nice without being loud, probably psychological but I swear it pulls better now.
  11. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    It pulls better cuz you are on the gas harder and longer cuz it sounds better, cuz you are revving it more... Its a Paradox!
    ssilliman and AdamChandler like this.
  12. Duitser

Duitser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also added a Cowley
    IMG_20190926_125003.jpg
  13. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    A What?
  14. Pch123

Pch123 Bar Crossings

Oddometer:
    Cowley exhaust
  15. Duitser

Duitser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks pch123
  16. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
  17. Duitser

Duitser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    700 not 800.
    Sorry mods remove or shift please
  18. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I bought the TFT protector that @AdamChandler recommended and put it on a few weeks ago. Since then I've been bitching and moaning to myself about how terribly shitty it was while it got more and more scratched up, dirty and made it harder to see the screen beneath it. I finally decided to rip it off today and that's when my dumbass discovered the extra layer of installation film on top that I hadn't removed. What an idiot.

IMG_20191005_140026.jpg IMG_20191005_140042.jpg
    muchmore, bobw, SebRex13 and 2 others like this.
  19. fozrunner

fozrunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    has anyone installed Skene photon blasters on the F850gs? What front install kit or bolts did you use? Are they the same as the F800?
  20. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    LOL. :p

How many times did you curse me out in your helmet?
    morfic likes this.