1. eNewsletter Sign Up

F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha...that MFer got 10¢ from me clicking that link and I get this shit...
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Don't feel bad! Years ago I installed a new heated shield on my wifes snowmobile helmet... We went out for a ride and she was way behind. I stopped at a trail intersection and talked to a couple guys while I waited for her. I told then that usually my wife is up my ass when riding and today she is way behind.
    When we finally got back to camp I realized I failed to peel one of the protective layers off the shield when installing it.
    I am still reminded of it after 15 years...
    SebRex13 and AdamChandler like this.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Would 850GS-A owner with an aftermarket screen wants to sell me their stock GSA windscreen & adjustable mounting bracket??

Did a long wknd and I HAVE to have a bigger screen. My ears barely survived the flappy turbulence.
  4. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    bikeymikey70 likes this.
  5. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    I have always felt that windscreens may be the single most personal item on a bike. There are so many factors determining their ultimate effectiveness ... what works for one person is misery for another. Case in point: I actually went the opposite direction and replaced my 850GSA screen with the smaller 750GS screen. The goal was an unencumbered flow to my head —which I have found smooth and quiet with the appropriate helmet.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  6. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    And seats!
    I am 5'9". You?
  7. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    5’-10”

But that is just one variable. I have a short inseam and long torso. I sit on a lowered seat with stock reach to the bars. I use any of 4 or 5 different helmets and occasionally wear earplugs. Currently, there are no mods to the front beak area. It is remarkable the variances there can be. A great playground for all of this has been my RTs with their electronic windscreens. I can try all sorts of arrangements.
  8. Pipeman

Pipeman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is the one I have been using all summer I also added the MRA sport clip on visor to it and all is perfect now, I am also 5’10”
  9. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Hoping that I won't need the spoiler... I am flirting with the smallest screen I can get that might still do the job for me.
    If this doesn't work, the 18" Madstad is likely next on my list.
  10. marathonpaul

marathonpaul Miles to go B4 I sleep Supporter

Oddometer:
    On another front, I have a 850 GSA Factory lowered, but needed another inch or so lower. I got a HyperPro spring set (SP-BM08-SSC044). And I'm a happy camper. Got my bike a little lower, and it even seems to ride a bit smoother.
  11. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    So wait, you got a lowered bike, then raised it? Or lowered it further?
  12. marathonpaul

marathonpaul Miles to go B4 I sleep Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry, poor grammar... I needed to lower it further.
  13. Gyrolion

Gyrolion Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
  15. Gyrolion

Gyrolion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I guess you never bought an aftermarket item for your bike?
  16. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is anyone looking for BMW GSA pannier racks for their GS?
  17. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    The brace is to fix the BMW factory bars on the GSA. Wunderlich owes nobody anything for the design weakness, they just identified it and developed a product to fix it.
  18. dolomite

dolomite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What options do I have for raising the rear brake lever? It doesn't seem to be adjustable from what I see, but it's just too low to be useful.
  19. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I just clamped a couple large vise grips on to it and bent it where it needed to be. Simple as that. Don't knock the bike over in the process.
    First time you drop on the right it will get bent anyway, and this is how I would fix that... So why not be pre-emptive :)
  20. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Somehow this WRS Caponord windscreen came from Italy in 2 business days! (ordered Thursday, had it on my porch Monday afternoon - how??) It has some very nice subtle curves to it. A good amount of extra coverage. I am very pleased with the way it matches the bike. Can't wait to try it, hopefully it does the job.

INSTALLATION COMMENTS ADDED:
    * I had to verrrrry slightly dremel the top holes to be better lined up with the mounting points. I may have been able to get it on without doing so but I am too anal...
    Looks to be plenty of space now for now moving the Nav up above the TFT dash.

** HOWEVER my mirrors did contact the screen at first. I solved this by loosening the mirror stalks and rotating them toward the back just a 1/2" or so. The handguards rotate with them, and do come within a couple mm of touching the screen but don't. I'm a little worried about those displacing if I drop the bike, which would push them into the screen. Hopefully I will be replacing those with a rigid product before that happens.

IMAG4773.jpg IMAG4774.jpg
    nikoktm likes this.