F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad you're happy with it. I chose to put the manual and my first aid kit into the Givi tool box I mounted to the pannier frame. Moved my tire pump and repair kit to the tray.
  2. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Received mine yesterday as well... It went on/in the wife's 750 because I already had a compressor and tire plug kit jammed into the recesses under my seat.
    MCMXCIVRS likes this.
  3. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1
  4. stinger17

stinger17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. dolomite

dolomite Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. Mdh01

Mdh01 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hex Ezcan - F750GS
    Anyone having trouble with their Ezcan (gen 1) not controlling the auxiliary light dimming correctly? Sometimes mine will properly dim when on low beam and correctly go to full brightness with the high beam, but most of the time the aux lights are staying at full brightness when main light is on low beam. All other functions are fine, such as the aux light turning off with the turn signal and hazard flashing.

I’m using Clearwater Darlas and at full brightness they are blinding, so really hope to figure this out.
  7. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:

First thing I would do is check all of the connections... something like this I would solder and heat shrink all the connections that do not have weatherproof plugs/connections.
  8. Mdh01

Mdh01 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I’ll check connections again. They are all soldered and shrink wrapped, which makes it a pain to check.
  9. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer:
    Frequent lurker, rare poster. Wanted to vent/see what others thought. I spent $1,500+ on panniers/bracket/toolbox from ADVMotorrad, they shipped it without signature or insurance, I got the delivery notification, by the time my girlfriend got to my house a couple hours later there were no packages, presumably stolen although I've never had anything stolen before. I messaged ADVMotorrad that they never showed up and they essentially gave me sympathies, checked to make sure the delivery address was right, and told me to talk to my credit card company to see if they'd refund me the money (which I'm in the process of, but the max covered claim amount doesn't even reach the total cost). The customer service person was a nice guy, but am I wrong for expecting more? They didn't even offer the option of signature or insurance and now I'm out $1,500+.. meh
    :becca
  10. BioStrom

BioStrom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s a horrible situation Diablo Blanco, sounds like your credit card company may be your best bet for restitution even though it may not be complete.
  11. BioStrom

BioStrom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3D322E0F-5EB3-46C3-883F-60739E2144F0.jpeg Between this past weekend and this evening, I completed the installation of all the accessories I purchased. This last effort included the Black Dog skid plate, Hepco Becker crash bars, and Givi Tool box.
  12. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I sent a PM for a tub. Hope there are some left. I have in the Airhead section lately since I traded for a 93 GS bumble bee.
  13. mazocar

mazocar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ve been looking around for skid plates and I’ve seen some decent deals overseas. When I put my bike info on such sites I’m constantly getting the “not compatible for GSA”. Is there something I’m missing here? I didn’t think there where any differences between the sumps or even the hardware attachment points between the GS and GSA. I have a19 850gsa... anyone care to chime in?
    DimSum07 likes this.
  14. DimSum07

DimSum07 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    SnoDrtRider and mazocar like this.
  15. mazocar

mazocar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks , I completely forgot about the fact that the gs doesn’t have the bars.

That makes absolute sense
    DimSum07 likes this.
  16. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    BlackDog skid plate works with the GSA bars. Probably won't find better protection either.
  17. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wish BD offered the skid plate w/o the branding/logos.

:(
    burangs likes this.
  18. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Windscreen Position Mod
    So a while back I traded the stock screen on my GS for the WRS Caponord for more wind protection. It is 7 in taller than stock and wider. However it did not give enough wind coverage in the stock position, wind was hitting my helmet around the eyebrows instead of in the mustache area. Also got a lot of loud & tiresome buffeting around my ears and neck.
    Rather than invest another 400 plus dollars for a Madstad, I decided to try something on my own on the cheap.

My basic objective was to fabricate and install something between the bike and the windshield mount assembly, so it would sit higher. I bought some standoff bolts, some delrin rod to make spacers, and a 6x12 piece of 5/16 inch aluminum plate and went to work.
    I figured I could use the OE clip nuts that the windshield mount attaches to, so I bought four of them also.

The windshield position is now 1-in forward and 3-in higher than it was. There's a good amount of space underneath it for air to flow under and into the bubble to relieve the negative pressure. Took it for a spin this morning and I would say it is at least 50% better. Much improvement on the top of the air bubble, The airstream just hits the top of my helmet now. Still get a little bit of turbulence around my shoulder area but it is improved.
    Overall it was a fun project, I spent less than $30 and got a great benefit. It is also completely reversible and I can even clean the back of the screen without removing it now.
    Now I have to think about painting the aluminum black, or etching some kind of logo in it... IMG_20200408_180033_01.jpg IMG_20200410_112322.jpg IMG_20200411_125010.jpg IMG_20200411_154153.jpg IMG_20200411_162438.jpg IMG_20200411_155825.jpg
  19. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not really a Touratech person but the BDR Supporter pack this year came with a Touratech gift card so I used it to purchase this for the F750:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A few thoughts: I loved a few things about this. Very lightweight cut from a single piece of aluminum, a cool lip on the inside to keep your boot from rubbing against the catalytic converter heat shield and that Touratech utilized a locking nut instead of relying on users adding thread locker. This thing isn’t going to budget. It could increase the risk of pedal bend in a crash but that’s a small chance. There are other enlargers out there but this one allows for dirt and mud to dissipate with the false bottom instead of just a single piece of aluminum, it's actually smaller than other options from AltRider and Wunderlich and if any part of it breaks, removal is easy and your trip hopefully isn't ruined.
    SebRex13 likes this.
  20. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    https://www.sdmoto-parts.com

I wanted to share this site with you all. I've heard a few confirmed reports over on GS Boxers that this site is legit with the only downside being shipping times. They do free shipping depending on how much you spend and I just purchased some SW-Motech parts from them because the stateside distributor has been out of stock on 3 items for over 6 months so I got tired of waiting and just ordered from here. The replied to my email within 10 minutes of a part number question and did warn me their shipping lead times are longer due to the virus.

I had a few items on my watch list for a while (center stand for low F750, SW-Motech shift lever, foot pegs and side-stand switch guard) and it was about $75 cheaper to order from these guys.