F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. osufrdave

osufrdave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love mine also. Worth every nickel. (And they are still on sale) .
  2. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sargent seat for my butt and lowered pegs for my knees might be the next purchases.
    AdamChandler and osufrdave like this.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Are there any drawbacks at all to the Sargent for dirt riding? Are they dished for comfort so much that getting your legs down is any less comfortable?
    osufrdave likes this.
  4. osufrdave

Oddometer:
    I haven't noticed any drawback or discomfort. I ride mine on typical BDR type situations and it has been perfect for me.
    heatmizr likes this.
  5. Emb120

Emb120 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which Sargent seat would you go with? World Sport Performance, World Sport Performance Plus or the Adventure Touring Seat? I am not interested in the heat option and I ride 2 up once in a blue moon. I ride fire roads and the open desert primarily on F850 GSA. The stock oem seat height is fine for me, so I am not interested in the low option. I like the look of the Adventure Touring seat, but I am concerned that it will not provide the comfort over a long ride that I have planned in the near future across Nevada.
    Thanks
    AdamChandler likes this.
  6. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Performance Plus has side grips that are really nice when standing. That's the primary difference

Heat is nice but whereas Corbin integrates heat into the seat's belly pan, Sargent gives you a separate controller which takes up valuable handlebar space unless you can find an inventive place to mount it and I've had a controller fail (they replaced it no problem even though the warranty was up) but it's going to add a few extra wires to your setup. The heated seat is NICE the highest setting will hurt your ass even with compression pants & Klim pants on..you can cook an egg on it at full blast.
  7. Emb120

Emb120 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I putting an order in for the Performance Plus seat with the racing red welt. Thanks!!!!
    osufrdave and AdamChandler like this.
  8. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    How much more are the normal prices after the made discount?
    I really intended to shave my seat in an attempt to save $500... I don't think I have time to do it before June 1st. ...and, I see the above comments about that being pointless!
    What I did on my sportbike seat was to cut a rectangle out of the middle of the foam where my "sit bones" hit it, and replaced it with a softer density foam. It was just enough to do the trick... you could just barely make out the rectangle shape through the cover.
  9. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I invested $150 into the stock seat by taking trips to an upholstery shop and I still ended up buying the 2 months after I did that.

On another note, fedex can’t find my seat which was supposed to be delivered yesterday to NJ. So I ended up having to ride back 500 miles today with the stocker again. At this point I’m not sure if my ass cheeks are still there anymore.

It’s gotta be all mental though because the 500miles up to NJ on Saturday didn’t hurt like these did hahaha

Oh and of course I get caught in rain 20min from home. At least I can’t say that the tusk bags and this amazon dry bag worked well. I had my laptop and some other electronics in the neon duffel.

Let’s hope those bastards find my seat damnit!
  10. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Not mental - it's been proven that the ride home is twice as painful on your cheeks.

And yes, welcome back to Any Warm Day in the south...
    TedG540 and mazocar like this.
  11. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Almost all shipping has sucked lately I have received items that the tracking indicates were still in shipping and wouldn't be there for a few days and I haven't received items that were due days ago...
  12. osufrdave

Oddometer:
    I saved $100 off the $500 seat. I was all in at about $400. Well worth it!
  13. BioStrom

BioStrom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While the regular Sargent seat has the same measured height as the stock regular seat, is the actual reach to the ground any different due to shape and width?
  14. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I find I sit about halfway back on the front section of the seat, a couple inches from the rise. Does the dish shape still work if your bum is not pressed up against the back where it angles up?
    Sorry for all the questions, its nice to get feedback before dropping coin.

***** edit *****
    F it, nevermind. I just ordered one. $70 off with discount code. Wife's eyebrows will be raised.
    mazocar likes this.
  15. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lol thats the same thing I said. I only found one review on YouTube that was actually worth it but both guys picked the enduro seat and for me that just seemed too tall of a seat. So I said F THAT and I dropped the coins
  16. Smithee

Smithee Head Bottle Washer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to hearing your take on it. I got mine a while back but have not had a chance to go on any longish rides.
  17. Daechir

Daechir Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've just put in an order. Just 5 weeks wait. I'm still curious and anxious. But it's going to be a long 5 weeks
    osufrdave likes this.
  18. ab8mi

ab8mi BMW 850 GS

Oddometer:
    I need to do something about my tires didn't realize how loud they can be.
  19. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want those Trailmax tires! My anakee 3s are lasting me pretty long though
    osufrdave likes this.
  20. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately my seat won’t be delivered until tomorrow and I couldn’t wait any longer so I had to ride back 500 miles on the stock seat again.

I tend to go on long rides though so as soon as I make the first trip on that seat I’ll report back
    SebRex13 likes this.