F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    These are #1 on my list right now. Screenshot_20200529-125039.jpg
  2. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_6948.jpg
    Well well well.....
    osufrdave likes this.
  3. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    IMG_20200529_182512.jpg
    Unless they have been updated old tech... I am a firm believer in dual compound technology.

This is the rear Anakee 3 on my wife's 750... Coming up on 8,000 miles. A little flat in the center because my wife does not lean the bike over far in turns but impressive none the less.
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  4. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    That really is impressive. And thank you for again reminding me of the dual compound aspect. Although I rank ultimate tread life below both on & off road performance... Can you have it all?
    But do 50/50 or 70/30 tires offer dual compound? I don't spend that much time shopping tires so not sure.
    Looking now...
    Anakee Adventures are dual compound (only one I've found so far). They run $340, ~$80 more per set than the Karoo Street @ $260 (single compound).

So if they last 30-40% longer being dual compound, you are roughly breaking even.

The Dunlop Trailmax Missions are attractive, priced $280, much closer to the Karoo Streets, but also appear to be single compound. They are billed as 50/50, which I wanted to back off a little bit from. These are BIAS PLY tires, if you care (radials seem to be designed for more road performance).

(I made about nine edits to this post as I researched... Sorry)
  5. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    You are breaking even if you mount and balance your own tires... Which isn't my favorite job anyway... So I would rather have the tire last longer and replace less often. Bikes turned 8K today on our ride to Allegheny National Forest from Wellsboro Pa.
  6. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I do. And you're right. But it'll take me 1-2 yrs to put 8k on so not a big deal.
  7. osufrdave

osufrdave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    mazocar likes this.
  8. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Installed the doubletake mirrors and the Sargent seat today, I’m heading down to the beach tomorrow so it should be around a 400 mile day when it’s all done. We’ll see how my cheeks feel! 1555997D-E2F8-4FB4-AA7C-1052035A42F1.jpg
    osufrdave likes this.
  9. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Good luck! Going to be a hot trip.
    No pic of the mirrors?
  10. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    095C1F37-1F0F-4EE4-839B-E9213F868166.jpg
    Yeah it should be around 80 by the time I get to Atlantic beach. I’m ready to sweat haha
    ab8mi and osufrdave like this.
  11. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    My apologies for the delay in responding; I have been off site.

I have not met a Sargent I did not like. The seat is very comfortable. If anything, it might just be a tad too low for me, but that is being nitpicky.
  12. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    When I ordered mine I didn't see the link to change the color of my welt, etc. So I went with all black.
    I don't care all that much but now I see the link and the $20 bump, which I guess I would have paid to get a red welt that matches the red accents on my bike...

BTW I saw some mentions of long waits for these seats, like 5 weeks? I got an email within a day or two of ordering saying it would ship within 10 days.
  13. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It took me about 10 days to receive it. Well they shipped in about 10 days but fedex had other plans for delivery. IMG_7002.jpg
    Here is a better pic of the mirrors.
    Emb120 and ab8mi like this.
  14. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Those seem like a good idea, they will bend and not break. Maybe if and when I bust my stock ones I'll go that route.

Do I see beach bunnies in your future??
  15. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My main issue with the mirrors were that they struck my touratech windscreen at full lock. Even with extenders and changing their position.

These have so much adjustment that the issue is completely eliminated. Plus I know I’ll be fine when I drop the bike again

Beach bunnies everywhere!
  16. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got home from a 400 mile day on the sargent seat, here are my impressions.

Comfort - I got on the bike and rode it until my gas light came on. Thats basically when i realized that i hadn't even thought about the seat. To me, that speaks for itself. The foam seat pan (circled in the pic) provides great support when on the throttle. The only down side to that hump is that it basically limits your movement around the seat. Im 5'11 210lbs which i guess is a normal build so im able to slide forward a bit and change my position but i can see how someone slightly larger would have an issue moving around. I also dont slide forward onto the tank when getting off the throttle like i used to. That was super annoying, now its eliminated.

Temperature - I probably didnt pick the best day to ride. I left this morning and it was 80 degrees, by the time i arrived at my location it was 91 and it never went back down after that. The bike sat in the heat for 3 hours and when i got back on the seat it felt completely normal. It wasnt uncomfortable at at. I was wearing black dakar pants too, i rode 3hrs back home (nonstop) and i didnt have swamp ass or anything. Once again, super impressed.

Craftsmanship - immaculate, the seat looks better made than the stock seat! plus it comes with a free flashlight. I would say you def get what you pay for.

Cons - At this point im being picky but i would say the fact that you cant move around easily on the seat due to the hump is probably the only down side. If this is an issue you could opt for their enduro seat which is completely flat. Thats the only thing i can think of but for my body type it doesnt bother me.

Overall - If you're having second thoughts about the seat - dont. I can't believe i rode 4k miles on that 2x4 (as Adam calls it). Thats literally what it reminds me of now.
    Now i usually do long days on the bike and when i get home im dead, like...stiff back and i need a bath in epsom salt to fall asleep dead. Not today though, i feel perfectly normal and no lower back pain either. I also reach the floor flat footed which is what i desperately needed. Especially when i find myself in tricky situations off road.
    seat.jpg

Attached Files:

• seat.jpg
      seat.jpg
      File size:
      328.8 KB
      Views:
    ab8mi and AdamChandler like this.
  17. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Thank you! If I hadn't already ordered it, I would now.
    Is the foam itself softer too?
    I am 5'9" 155lbs so shouldn't have any issues with the step up part of the seat.
    Very encouraging!
  18. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not how much softer it is since I had most of my foam shaved down. It def is softer than the piece of wood I sat on.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  19. smoore

smoore Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For whatever it's worth, I have a Sargent seat on my V-Strom and I love it. The stock seat was a 45-er -- only tolerable for 45 minutes with breaks or 45 miles continuously.

The Sargent foam is dense and relatively firm. You'd think that might make it uncomfortable but it's the exact opposite.

Also, the Sargent's top vinyl is a bit slick and that makes it easier to slide around on the seat. Made it easier for me to tripod the bike at stops. I tried a Saddleman initially, but that suede top keeps you locked in place.
    mazocar likes this.
  20. SaTaNaX

SaTaNaX Forero Maniaco Compulsivo Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Anybody had try to put f800gs handguards on f850gs?