F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. mhevezi

mhevezi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the PUIG on my GSA (The screen is in the LOW position)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. mhevezi

mhevezi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And I went with the BMW, Vario Cases. For two reasons, 1 - I like to run them small, when I need to split lanes and 2 - They attach to the bike without an extra rack. They hang on the subframe. They feel stout and all use the same key as the bike. And that’s a Dominator Exhaust. $250, shipped to my door! Gotta love Poland!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    apexal and AdamChandler like this.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    That is a nice setup.
  4. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    The Vario cases are great I have had them on my last three bikes.... Being able to expand them for road trips and shrink them for local use is a great feature.
    My helmet even fits in my left case when expanded.
    I don't have the top case as it is a bit large for my needs but it is a great system.
  5. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Yes, but, on a GS I rented years back, I bit it on a slippery creek crossing and the expanded case took a big hit and busted the expansion system inside. I had to buy a new one for the rental company.
    I do think they are nice though. But I am leaning toward a soft bag system in the future. Mainly for weight savings.
  6. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    Possible Windscreen Hack...

It may just be my imagination but I made a Mount to get my Nav above the TFT and my windscreen was just touching the Nav mount. I didn't want to have the mount put a haze mark in the windscreen so I used a plastic spacer about 3-4 mm thick to lift the windscreen off the top of the mounting arms on each side at the top to clear the Nav Mount.
    I took the bike out for a 90 mile ride this morning and I think the change of angle of the windscreen now lifts the air higher and it does not seem to hit the helmet at the bottom any longer.
    I am going to get a couple longer bolts so I can add another spacer to each side to increase the angle to see if that will make the air blast go even higher over my helmet.
    I'll get some photos as I experiment with windscreen angles.

It may just be the angle of the windscreen and not the height that makes a difference where the wind hits you.
  7. Pch123

Pch123 Bar Crossings

Oddometer:
    It may just be the angle of the windscreen and not the height that makes a difference where the wind hits you

Revolutionary thought
  8. smoore

smoore Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey -- couple of questions about the Barbacks:

1. Did you have any issues with cable/hose lengths? Were the existing ones long enough to work with the barbacks?

2. What diameter handlebars are these for? Not sure if the stock bars are 7/8 or 1 1/8 (I'm supposed to pick up my 750 this next week, and trying to plan farkles....)

Thanks for this thread -- it's been invaluable!
  9. apexal

apexal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not a single issue with cable routing or cable length. I have the 850GS with the 1-1/8" bars. The 7/8 should work as well. Congrats on the new bike and have fun with the add-ons!
  10. co2bruce

co2bruce Heated grips ???

Oddometer:
    Decided to go with Apexal choice on MRA windscreen. Took it out for a few hours yesterday and I am very happy with looks, and performance. Thanks for the info.
    apexal likes this.
  11. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I would like the shortest windscreen that gives me no turbulence. I am 5'9+, standard seat on the 850gs. At highway speeds the wind boundary hits me in the upper lip.
    Most pics of new screens I see here seem too tall for my taste. Trying to go only a few inches taller than stock.

I guess I need to compile a list of all the ones ppl endorse here, and find comparison pics of all and study them. I would value adjustability too, even if I only adjust it once to get it perfect for me.

***EDIT
    Oh I just saw the stock 850GSA screen and it looks about 4" taller. Anyone know if it fits the 850GS directly?
  12. mspgirl

mspgirl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The cables worked fine without any modifications and the bars are 7/8.
  13. mspgirl

mspgirl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Accessories: Hepco Becker side carrier and Tank guard; Mosko Moto 25L Scout Panniers; Givi Dolomiti 30 L top case; Sw Motech headlight guard;Machine Art Moto Adv hand guards; Rox bar back risers. I only used the bottom piece of the Rox risers in order to use the GPS mount.

Attached Files:

14. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    The BC25s fit the bike really well. looks like a perfect fit.
  15. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    Installed the Seat Concepts "Comfort" seat foam and cover on my bike... Looking forward to testing it out this weekend...

IMG_20190801_195838.jpg IMG_20190801_195902.jpg
    Mack McNamara and mspgirl like this.
  16. apexal

apexal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you install it yourself? If yes, was it difficult? Yesterday I did a 300 mile day on my factory lowered seat and the honeymoon is over. My ass was sore! It's always been comfortable but yesterday was brutal.
  17. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    Seat covers are easy, This is my third one... I did one on my F650 Single from standard height to Dakar Height, I did the 1980 Husqvarna I restored and now this one.
    You just take your time and make sure everything is lined up with a few staples before you go crazy with a lot because you can always pull them out and reposition or stretch it more to get out a wrinkle. I generally tack mine front, back and sides and sit it in the sun for 20 minutes to allow it to relax then do some more.
    You WILL need a air stapler and a compressor... Don't even think about trying with a hand stapler. I use a $20 Harbor Freight stapler. The stainless or Monel staples are about $15 a box but you will have a lifetime supply. You can't use regular staples because the will rust. The Monel staples say for Marine use on the box.
    apexal and SebRex13 like this.
  18. proeasy

proeasy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bar Riser height suggestion for 850 GSA? I am 6'1'. already put on 20 mm lower pegs, and the GSA bars are 15 mm higher than the GS. Question is touratech 20, 35 or Rox riser bar backs, thinking over 1 inch is now pushing it given the 20 +15 mm already

Anyone going to Dirt Daze in VT, group of us from Michigan going
    AdamChandler likes this.
  19. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    See you there.
  20. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Hey, what font fender extension has anyone tried?
    I've seen one advertised somewhere but don't recall who made it.
    ***edit
    I just found apexal's post early in this topic, it was Pyramid.
    However in preparing to order it on eBay, I saw this almost identical one for less, figured I'd take a chance on China...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle...ion-For-BMW-F850GS-ADV-2018-2019/264379984004

I found just a short bit of thick Carolina clay down a dirt road yesterday, and it made quite a mess. It flicked everywhere! After I washed the bike off when I got home, I noticed even more way up behind the radiator, so I squirted the hose up in there again this morning.

I think the small extension on the rear of the front fender would keep most of that crap out of there.

BMW seems to have put a lot of thought into the design of this bike, but it is not easy to clean! Tons of crevices, layers and hard to reach places.