F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. mazocar

mazocar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ugh yeah for good! I’ll be back down there eventually
  2. Mdh01

Mdh01 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Re: Sargent seat:

I’m 5’9 too and find the seat much better than stock.

I also have bar risers to bring the handle bar up and back so I’m able to comfortably sit back on my seat.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    The seat made me think of risers. I've had no interest in them, after listening to some ADV expert on a podcast saying what a detriment risers are...
    But my back was really achy yesterday and it may have been from trying to sit on the comfortable part of the seat and reaching to the bars...
    Either that or an after effect of my first night sleeping in a hammock.

When I'm riding more aggressively I do like to scoot up near the tank and load the front up a bit more.
  4. listener

listener Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I had a ride over weekend after removing my GPS cradle completely all was ok no problems with any of the switches. You must have by accident either disconnected something or some wire got pulled/damaged in the process.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. dolomite

dolomite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Funny you mention the ergonomics change after installing the Sargent, I didn't think I needed bar risers until I installed the Sargent. I realized that the best position on the Sargent required me to sit further back than I was used to on the OEM seat. It's great because my balls are no longer smashed against the tank, but I installed some 30mm risers so I'm not hunched over at the controls.

FWIW I'm 5'7" with a 29" inseam and I couldn't care less what all the ADV experts say, I've been riding plenty of off-road with this bike and I've never felt more comfortable than with these risers. There's no one-size-fits-all solution to ADV riding.
    Phoenix101, mazocar and AdamChandler like this.
  6. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Yep. If I confirm that this seating position caused my back tiredness, I'll be looking into some risers.
    As it is now, I don't feel like NEED them while standing, but they would help some.
  7. Ackme

Ackme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BMW part # 83300413585 Ditch the wire and use the connector to cap off your lead.

[​IMG]
    listener likes this.
  8. listener

listener Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is great thanks for the Idea!
  9. Captain Crash

Captain Crash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Recently purchased an 850 adventure and found the accessories in South Africa more reasonably priced than some of the better known international brands although international shipping might add a bit. Riot Gear headlight protector $60and bash plate $135. Motorradical hard luggage full set with inner bags $700 (discounted offer)
    Not sure why the pics end up sideways

74A49796-BFBA-4D27-80DC-B736552598C2.jpeg

D395E711-EE92-4D38-B00E-9D942D71E51D.jpeg
  10. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Cuz you are below the equator??

Interesting headlight guard, is it colored where the LED strip is? Does it make it stand out?
    SnoDrtRider likes this.
  11. Captain Crash

Oddometer:
    D08D7199-1E07-422C-BC3D-4FFDC3761F91.jpeg
    Yes from sunny South Africa, the headlight guard is great and the amber (or yellow optional) strip does look amazing in my opinion.
    Rockkyyy and dolomite like this.
  12. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Cool! Does the rest of the lighted area stay white?
  13. Captain Crash

Oddometer:
    Yes it doesn’t interfere with the main lighting
  14. Jussayin

Jussayin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody know a US source for the Riot Gear headlight protector?
  15. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    If your seat surface gets hot, just order a Butt Pad from Alaska Leather in Anchorage, AK. Seat was comfy after sitting the August sun in Phoenix and warmer in the winter.

R1250GS handguards mount with bar risers from Touratech without issue.
  16. Captain Crash

Oddometer:
    Pop Jacques a message at info@riot-gear.co.za he is very responsive just bought a bracket for a phone mount it was shipped 1 hour after I sent an inquiry and arrived the next day. I am sure he can get it couriered to you.
  17. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Yes I contacted them and they currently do not have a US distributor but working on it but will ship as economically as possible.
  18. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Anyone installed a 850gs windscreen on a 750gs using the adjustable holder of the 850gs adventure?
  19. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Ok so shopping for some Anakee Adventures... Lots more $ than I've ever spent on bike tires... Lowest I can see them for is ~$330 if you factor in shipping for the vendors who advertise them for less. Approaching the cost of a set of FOUR car tires... :-/
    For reference the new Dunlop Trailmax run $280 /set on Revzilla, vs $340 for Anakee Advs.
    Any other favorite vendors that might have any better of a deal on these tires?
    AdamChandler likes this.
  20. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    My local independent shop has better pricing but he is in Jersey... $600 for two sets.. one set for 850 one for 750.
    The price is great no matter because these tire get twice the life of any other tire I have used... You need to factor in the expected mileage of tires with the cost. Sure I have paid 250-300 for a set before but got half of the life in return.
    Our Anakee 3s have 9,000 miles on them and still look better than tires I have used previously that I changed out at 5,000 miles or less.
    AdamChandler likes this.