F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. iamadventurous

iamadventurous Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestions @jrm927. I have gotten in touch with seat concepts and they too suggested that they could offer a softer foam for my weight. They did, however, say that they do NOT offer a low seat for the 750GS. I might give it a shot anyway. As for the risers I was considering the Wunderlich so I could keep my GPS mount (I tried moving it when I installed a Matstad windshield but the vibrations made it unusable). The problem with the Wunderlich though is that they rise is only 20mm. The Rox ones you suggest look good but it is unclear whether they are compatible with the GPS mount. The website shows a pic with the GPS mount, but @MSLUNA above reports that the GPS mount had to be removed to install them (though maybe that is true of the 2" and not the 1.5"??). One day this bike will be perfectly setup for me...and then I will be ready to move to a different bike :)
  2. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    I recently installed the 35 mm riser from Tour a Tech... I like the fact that you use your original bridge/cap with the BMW Roundel Tour a Tech offers bolts made for the OEM GPS mount as an option. I did not get them because I have a GPS mount I fabricated for above the TFT.
  3. jrm927

jrm927 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    20210504_165947.jpg
    I don't think there is any difference between the F750GS and F850GS seats, the BMW part numbers are the same. If your GPS mount uses the factory bridge/cap bolt pattern, I think the ROX brand won't work for you. I also have the Madstad windshield, but I'm using a cheap ebay GPS mount. I like the idea of the touratech that keeps the original BMW branded bridge. It saddened me to remove mine!
    K7TNT and iamadventurous like this.
  4. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    Any bar risers that offset the bars back are likely not going to be able to use the OEM bridge. The Tour a Tech raises the bars and due o the angle of the top triple clamp moves them back but only slightly... I would say 1/2" MAX. I have long arms so the offset to the rear really did not come into play for me but the height was a treat... Far less stress on the neck for me.
    iamadventurous likes this.
  5. coldclearsea

coldclearsea Notorious rascal

Oddometer:
    Looking for opinions/wisdom here. I'm thinking about pannier racks and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Givi ones or the Touratech ones. The Outback Motortek look like a great product, but are just too wide for my taste. The Touratech ones are about $200 more than the Givi, and they look broadly similar in design. Anyone with experience with either or both, are the Touratech ones profoundly better quality or something? I don't mind paying for quality if it's worth it, just hard to tell from a couple pictures on either site...
    Planning to mount soft panniers, Mosko or similar.
  6. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    these are TouraTechs on my wife's 750

upload_2021-5-5_21-29-46.png

upload_2021-5-5_21-33-57.png
    GSmotomind, K7TNT and coldclearsea like this.
  7. coldclearsea

Oddometer:
    Cool, thanks! Those look nice
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  8. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    coldclearsea likes this.
  9. coldclearsea

Oddometer:
    Oh nice, thanks for the tip!
  10. That.guy

That.guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's not the best but here's what they look like from the back with my homemade panniers. Cropped and zoomed in on the photo so hopefully it still is decent.

PXL_20201223_223637183~2.jpg
    coldclearsea likes this.
  11. coldclearsea

Oddometer:
    Oh awesome, thanks! I like the profile on the exhaust side too.
  12. jrm927

jrm927 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not saying it won't work, but the Mosko mounts (as shown in Phoenix101's post above) need a rather tall vertical surface and I don't know if the Brooks rack on the exhaust side is tall enough to adequately support the Mosko mount. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this? I have the Touratech racks and Mosko panniers and it's a great combination (though pricey). My bike really likes to take naps when offroad and I don't think the rear racks have a single scratch on them but the front upper and lower crash bars (Touratech as well) and Barkbusters have paid for themselves already.
    K7TNT, Phoenix101 and coldclearsea like this.
  13. coldclearsea

Oddometer:
    True, quite possibly would either require the adapter they make for the GSA pannier (qualitatively similar profile), or just not work at all for that. I will investigate further, thanks!
  14. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    That's disappointing.
    Using the $30 eBay mount used by several here, no vibration.
    coldclearsea likes this.
  15. coldclearsea

Oddometer:
    That’s probably what I’ll try next
  16. coldclearsea

Oddometer:
    As a free interim solution, took the hornig bracket off, and flipped the original BMW handlebar mounted one. Not perfect, but shifts it forward about 35 mm and up a bit too.

Attached Files:

17. divimon2000

divimon2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those of you who have been waiting, Wunderlich now has euro5 compliant parts on their website. Lower crash bars, skid plate. I ordered up the engine crash bars. https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/
    Those are for post 8/20 build bikes 750gs. Not sure about 850gs.
    Phoenix101, marc11 and coldclearsea like this.
  18. R_Marto

R_Marto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone tell me the total width of a F850GS with Vario panniers or Trekkers? I'm going to replace my vario top case with a Shad SH59X for dual helmet capacity, but side case I'm thinking the Vario (compacted) would fair better in the city than Shad or Givi Trekker, no?
  19. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    FYI the left Vario Case when expanded will fit a helmet so unless your cases are loaded you should be able to fit two helmets into the one side and top case.
    R_Marto likes this.
  20. R_Marto

R_Marto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yup, but that will force me to always ride with both top case and left pannier or carry at least one helmet around (or lock it on the seat, which I'd like to avoid).
    Also, I'm a photographer and it would be nice to fit a tripod and reflectors, which none of the vario would accommodate for, unless strapped on the outside.
    While on a trip I might not be fully loaded and when off the bike I might take camera or laptop and jackets, which could clear a bit of space and with some re-arrangement, the helmets might still fit.
    If there are options for 48 and 59L cases, don't see why should I stay limited (aside from weight, but that's subjective, you can put jackets on a 58L or dumbbells on a 30L).