F750/850GS Accessories

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by apexal, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Pch123

Pch123 Bar Crossings

Oddometer:
  2. Pipeman

Pipeman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Installed Dominator link pipe, nice weight savings and sounds great ! 20 minutes to install .

Attached Files:

AdamChandler likes this.
  3. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    That bend looks a little better than the Remus...
    What kind of footpegs are those? They look interesting.
  4. Pch123

Pch123 Bar Crossings

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you realise , you can buy rubber inserts for Pivot Pegs if the steel cutter look worries you. Personally not an issue for me, but for those who do worry about sharp edges.........
    AdamChandler and slackline like this.
  5. apexal

apexal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I followed that link already and wrote an email as instructed. They wrote back and said that I could lower the pegs by swapping location of the spacer. That's the only option that they gave me. I just wrote again asking if your proposal would work on my 850 and how to do it.
    In the mean time, any chance that you could provide photos and/or details, like what you mean by mounts and collars? Thanks.
  6. apexal

apexal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to race enduros and hare scrambles long ago and one of the first mods we did was to get out a file and sharpen the teeth on our foot pegs. Rubber pegs might be okay for the street but get some mud on those things and you'll wish for teeth. Sharp teeth.
  7. Pipeman

Pipeman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    SW Motech EVO Adjustable
  8. Duitser

Duitser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would there be a link pipe available for the 700?
  9. Horizoneyes

Horizoneyes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When you flipped the Nav mount, does it eliminate the horrible glare when the sun is behind your back? I'm looking at spending $130 for the mount from Motorrad in Dresden mentioned in the first post in this thread, but if flipping allows the screen to be seen in bright light, i'm in
  10. Horizoneyes

Horizoneyes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm about to purchase this mount. Are you very happy with it and does it eliminate the horrible glare that you get when it's in the original factory mount? Have you seen any other mounts that you would consider? ...such as this one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042315385.html?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.16434593VETtpE or
    https://www.mv-motorrad.de/en/MV+GPS+Holder+for+BMW+F750GS+for+original+BMW+GPS+devices.htm

Also trying to decide between the rox riser you got or their 2" Pivot riser. I have the 2019 750 low and I'm 5'5"

Thanks for all your info!!
  11. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:

For those of you looking to buy the mount from Dresden, my buddy fabricates one identical to it for way cheaper. @ForefrontFabrication is his inmate name on here. Based out of Spokane, WA area.

ETA: It is what I have on mine.
  12. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    I doubt it, it really only moves it an inch or two, did not change the angle.
    I too want that Motorrad mount, that will be my final solution.
  13. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Perhaps he could post some pics of his work?
    I would be happy to see some similar solutions that are hand made, and reasonably priced.
  14. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    besides BMW or MCMXCIVRS... anyone know of a good source for a 34mm wrench that would easily pack on the bike?
  15. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    No matter where you mount the GPS it will always have some glare depending on sun angle but the more upright you can get the screen the less glare.
    I made this mount and wish I had made it wider because the lock cylinder hits the arm preventing me from being able to rotate the GPS any more.
    The only glare I get is what you see here unless the sun is directly on the screen which only happens for about an hour a day when the sun is at that certain angle.

OI000232.jpg
    Horizoneyes likes this.
  16. apexal

apexal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Al,

The PP-60MK3 Pivot Pegz can only be lowered by 7mm and it is achieved by moving the spacer.

The members on the forum are referring to other Pivot Pegz for some other bikes such as KTM, Honda, Yamaha which get lowered by swapping and flipping the mounts to the other side of the bike. They do not have spacers and so they need to swap the mounts over... this is not applicable to the PP-60MK3 BMW Pivot Pegz.

Hope this helps to answer your questions.

Kind Regards,

James

PIVOT PEGZ SUPPORT
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  17. Pch123

Pch123 Bar Crossings

Oddometer:
    I have 60 MK3 on my 1200 Gs and they are swapped and mounts flipped over. Did it myself.
  18. burangs

burangs Javenturer

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up...

I bought the Hornig Nav Mount based on previous experience with one on my R1200RS. Simple enough piece and well made, but it does NOT work well on the GSA because of the screen adjustment lever. It only allows enough rotation for full extension and about 2/3 lowered, causing a great deal of turbulence in the lower setting. I was considering modding the lever, but rather, I think I’ll look at a different design. It will fit a GS —no problem.
    Horizoneyes likes this.
  19. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    39F25EDE-AEA7-4485-8076-2F5FC50C892A.jpeg
    That's the mount he made me, first version. He's since made it better for others on advrider. I have full range of motion on the windscreen. No interference. Solid mount that eliminates vibration.
    jmcarter and Horizoneyes like this.
  20. apexal

apexal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Show me photos and I will believe it. And please tell me what "mounts" are. Third time I asked. I know that you are trying to be helpful but am I supposed to disbelieve the manufacturer? If you have something contrary to what PP says why don't you give them the info so they can share it?