F800GS-A What in the HELL crash bars to use???! Crash bars sh*t list

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Apollo7, May 1, 2019.

1. nednyrangers

nednyrangers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another vote for Heed - haven't dropped my F8 on them yet but my uncle set his Tiger 800 down on his and outside of getting a little scraped everything was dandy.
  2. Aggrocrag

Aggrocrag Meat Popsicle

Oddometer:
    I just put the Puig set on my F800. The directions are an absolute joke, but through the process of elimination, you can figure out which bolts to use where. I took my first short ride with them today, and I can say, at 6'2", if I'm sitting up on the tank, my knees hit the mounting bolts. Also, the bottom bracket is within about 1.5-2" from the rear brake lever. I already clipped it with my toe. Fit and finish seems to be decent, but I'm a little worried that they are going to bother the hell out of me.
  3. alep

alep n00b

Oddometer:
    I can vouch for the heeds. Have dropped it many times and once pretty hard. Very easy to install and great coverage and did i mention the price!?!?!
    alpina likes this.
  4. Keygs

Keygs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can vouch for the Hepco and Beckers IMG_3139.PNG !
  5. Jimbobvfr

Jimbobvfr Jimbob

Oddometer:
    Mo
    Motoriley does go on a bit about his crash don't he? :)
    I had a front tire blow out at 100mph(on the autobahn, just cruising along), Instead of easing off the throttle, I touched front brake(bad, bad idea), release, touched back brake, also bad idea. So I rationalized(at 100mph) that I was simply going to use the engine cutoff switch, and wait for the eventual crash. Some hundreds of meters later, I stopped on the right hand side of the road, still upright! Tire was shredded, but the rest, and me, were ok.

To provide insight to the article, I will be road testing my Touratech bars('17, 800gsa), over the next few thousand miles, hope I don't need 'em, but if I do, they better hold up, or I'll be pissed that the PO spent all that money on junk..
  6. casf

casf Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Felipe_C

Felipe_C n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi jdryden78,

Please, could you be so kind as to share the store link or info of how you purchased your HEED Tankguard for BMW F800 GSA? I went to their e-commerce website, however they do not ship to USA. I could not find any other online store selling their products in the US.

Thanks much.