F800GS Exhaust Pipes

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by moto73, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    No seal. New one just slides down and over where the old one was. Habst du eine probleme mit es...???? ... Dang that has been a while....:lol3:lol3
  2. GeeK_InsiDe

GeeK_InsiDe Moore Gas!!!

Oddometer:
    Thank's for the answer!

I can't refresh your memory, I'm from the french part of the Switzerland and my German is awful :D
  3. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahhhhh.... that makes two of us....:lol3:lol3 I meant to ask if you had encountered any problems with the install, but perhaps I asked something completely different....:freaky
  4. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    if "es" was ment to be the install than yep indeed your german is alright :lol3
  5. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeppers.... whooeeeeee..... I knew I would get to use my high school German sometime.....:D:rofl:lol3:freaky
  6. GeeK_InsiDe

GeeK_InsiDe Moore Gas!!!

Oddometer:
    Allright, the LeoVince is installed :clap

A little WD40 because it was stucked but everything was easy after that, install took 5 minutes.

Thank's all :wink:
  7. rumblefish

rumblefish xxx

Oddometer:
    I finally got around to putting some racks on my GS (2010) three years after buying it... yes, I know...!

I bought the Polish Holan symmetrical rack (balanced), a top rack from MOD in Canada and a new Leo Vince Carbon Evo One pipe from Italy.

Had to change the pipe because the stock doesn't work with the balanced racks. I also wanted a smaller/lighter pipe that wouldn't cause heat problems with soft bags.

I am not a mechanic at all, but fitting the pipe was pretty easy. I knew from previous posts that I had to pull the pipe in as far as possible to clear the Holan racks, so I left out the 1" aluminium spacer, at the point where the silencer attaches to the bike, and used three washers instead. I also had to use a shorter bolt.

That, combined with rotating the link pipe from the bike to the silencer slightly upwards, meant I could pull the whole new exhaust about an inch or so further in towards the bike.

Putting the Holan racks on was a little trickier. They come with no instructions, but I found some tips online. You need to add a nut (supplied) between the footpeg and the locking nut which secures the rack in place. This allows you to raise and lower the foot pegs still. Then it's just a matter of aligning things properly and tightening around the frame bit by bit until it's all square and tight.

For the MOD rack, you need to tell Dave previously which racks you have on the bike, so he can supply you with the correct spacers to raise the top rack above the hand grips of the pannier bars. Once you have all the bits, fitting the rack is easy.

I'm really happy with the way it's all come together. The new LV pipe sounds great (baffle in) and doesn't get anywhere near as hot as the stock.

The Holan's are solid and not too bulky without luggage on. They should also help protect the rear of the bike if I drop it (already have Adventure Spec bars at the front which have saved me numerous times).

The MOD top rack has so many options for attaching and positioning, that it should be great.

Now I just need to decide which luggage to get. I'm thinking to go for a hard top box (Maybe Givi Trekker or an aluminium box) and soft bags (Kriega or Wolfman) for the sides. The pelican cases are very solid, I know that from working with film crews, but they look too much like cases to me. Someone at Pelican should make some specially designed bike boxes.

My camera has bust otherwise I would have added some pics. It's obviously easier to see this stuff on the bike, than imagine it.

Over and out.
    rich
  8. gianni1951

gianni1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My Mivv Suono Full Titanium :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my Akra :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    18% torque increase is....AMAZING.
    Please tell us more.
    Have you found means to unlock the BMS-K ecm for custom ignition and fueling remap?
    I wish to learn more of this.
    Thank you.
  10. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is no way on earth that he got that increase with just a pipe, and headers. Manipulating numbers. Not even if he reflashed the bmsk, full system. Those numbers are worked.
  11. numbthumb

numbthumb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like my Yoshimura R77 slip-on for the F8.
    Revzilla now has them;
    It's less $ than an Akropovic and must be close to half the size of the stock can
    [​IMG]
  12. mikedabike

mikedabike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got my 'non BMW' Akro and now I need to fit it.
    Any suggestions welcome and what should I be wary of?
    Is there any benefit in disconnecting the battery so that the 'brain' will reprogramme after it recognises better exhaust or is this fallacy?
    If not how long must it be disconnected for?
    Is there any benefit in pairing this with a K&N filter?

Thanking you in advance fot your replies
  13. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think you will reset any values by disconnecting the battery. I have yet to se any real evidence that it happens. The trim values need to be reset with a GS-911 tool, or other BMW tool.
    I will just share my view on the K&N, as many do not share it, and some get's offended by them. You have plenty flow through stock filter, as your restriction is the small holes in the front of the snorkel. The oiled filter tends to pass small dirt particles, without a foam pre filter. That is perhaps ok, as long as you stay on the road, but if you are off roading, I would advise against the K&N. Will it yield more performance. I dont think so, but have yet to see any valid dyno runs. If you want more power, I'd save the filter mod, and invest in the BMW-AF-XIED, which can be seen in my FI thread. That way, you get more power than the K&N can offer, and take care of the off idle hop, at the same time.
  14. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    You raise an important issue. It would be interesting to do some tests on the BMSK or see it in a manual.
  15. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a service tech tell me they love K&N air filters as it brings in a lot of work. :evil
  16. mikedabike

mikedabike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the valuable feedback....please send me the link to your FI thread on michael.pohl1@bmwdealer.co.za
  17. jkgroove

jkgroove Adventure

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I just put a Two Brother Carbon Fiber on my F800 GSA yesterday.

Rode an hour this morning and at highway speeds I just hear the wind noise.

Install was 15-20 minutes and she now breathes with a sweet growl.

I love the sound.
  18. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    Just stuck on my Two Brothers pipe. What a glorious, glorious noise!
    :clap

[​IMG]
    darkduke98601 likes this.
  19. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    With enough unicorn dust, anything is possible.
  20. CharlieK

CharlieK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got an Akrapovic...

mainly because of weight and sound...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lZk27-qta48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>