F800gs, F650gs "special" Pricing?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Osm3um, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Osm3um

Osm3um Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The International Motorcycle show is coming to Seattle and the local dealer is having a "motorcycle show" special on the 12th/13th.

I called and they "can't tell me" what the pricing breaks will be except that the accessories will be 15% off (for the most part) and that this will be the "best time to by a BMW".

Has anyone purchased a BMW when there are advertised "show specials"? Any clue what percentage off of MSRP I should/could expect?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Bob (Vespa GTS250, Stella 150)
  2. Yashko51

Yashko51 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone purchased a BMW when there are advertised "show specials"? Any clue what percentage off of MSRP I should/could expect?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Bob (Vespa GTS250, Stella 150)[/quote]

Show specials can be anything the dealer wants. MSRP is pretty well known on the bikes so just know that and you can figure out if they are giving you a deal or not. And 15% is pretty normal for a discount when you buy accessories after a purchase of a bike.
    BTW, dealers are starting to have the 650's and 800's available and in the showroom due to the lousy economy.
    That means their "show special" is just another incentive to get people in the showroom. That also means it is a buyers market and you can counter on any price they give you and they just might take it.

Yashko51
  3. exsporty

exsporty Just ride

Oddometer:
    Does anyone actually ever pay what a stealer asks and/or MSRP? Everyday is "Bob's Special Discount Day", and you can't tell them how much the discount is, but it will be the lowest offer of the year. :deal
  4. Osm3um

Osm3um Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK, so more specifically, what percent lower than MSRP would a wise buyers (I am kind of a push over when it comes to purchasing stuff like this). First quote I got was MSRP, free windshield and that was about it.

Thanks for the help,
    Bob

PS If someone doesn't mind PMing me with what would be a "good price", not sure if getting into specifics on the forum is acceptable, that sure would be a great help. Then I can say I know this guy who paid $X.
  5. lonerockz

lonerockz Permanent n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    If there are rules against posting prices they are not in the official rules thread. There are rules against dealers posting sales in the non dealer areas.

That said, in general I have notice a social taboo against people posting what they paid for their BMWs. This does not seem to be extended to the Suzuki buyers with their endless I got mine posts. I think this has more to do with the fact that its no great accomplishment that needs announcing when you pay dealer list. No need to shout "Who hooo! I got ass raped!"

Steve
  6. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:

First, where are you located?
  7. huckleberry

huckleberry BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer:
    i just got my replacement for the 1 i wrecked and paid the same as the 1st 1 but got a computer upgrade and white turn sig's. They had an ad for special prices but it was only on certain models--not the 650 or 800
  8. exsporty

exsporty Just ride

Oddometer:
    Start low. If they are asking $8500.00, offer $8500 OTD. Then they do the walk to the office and back, shaking their head saying no can do. Then work up from there. When you talk price, talk OTD. Then they can't add on all their little extra BS fees like Admin. charges.
  9. Osm3um

Osm3um Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Seattle/Tacoma.

I am planning on getting pre approved this week and going from there. Figure pre approval might help.

As I say any thoughts would be appreciated: i.e. are they more willing to deal if you use their financing (only about 1% more than I can get from my Credit Union).

Bob
  10. Osm3um

Osm3um Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wonderful, I would not have thought of that without your suggestion.

Bob
  11. marty hill

Oddometer:
    I'm familiar with south sound and the other one a bit north. SS is good but give the places 1-2 states east of you a shot. Tigard in or. is full list but you might try others in or. Ask for the sales mgr. Have a c/c ready for a deposit and as someone earlier said ask for otd price. Paying msrp is silly. Now even more so. The bikes are piling up in most states.

If you want non-abs and are ok with shipping to save a few $'s pm me and I'll give you the name of a dealer who has two on the floor and will discount. If not just shop around.

Remember they need the money/you don't need the bike.
  12. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
  13. marty hill

Oddometer:
    That's BMW country wide and I don't see any mention of GS's.
  14. Bike4Fun

Bike4Fun Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer:
    Its the hottest bike they've had in years. They don't have any incentive to discount. Granted the dealers now have some on the show room floor however when I bought mine they were 8 deep for orders. The dealer got their stock in before mine and so we just switched. They moved a bike and will get the replacement in a month. Certainly now that the hype is dying a little and the economy has slowed to a crawl there won't be such a backlog but don't expect any discounts from BMW in 2009 on a new, HOT 2009 model. The dealer may throw you a cracker here or there but IMO you will work for it.

Just my $.02 cents
  15. dholaday

dholaday Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    One of my local dealers said BMW was raising prices Jan 1 or thereabouts. Maybe he was just trying to 'encourage' me to buy now, or maybe he was being straight. We'll see. . .
  16. Roonie

Roonie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently bought from BMW Seattle ride west. They gave me no discount whatsoever on the 800GS as it was MSRP. It is a new model for them and they had a backlog of orders. If I didn't want it the guy behind me did. If your able to get a discount then that is great...... The yellow was really popular and a month out still. Several people passed over the grey so I got it.

Also ride west has an 800gs to demo with Akropovic exhaust. I rode it and it sold me on the bike.
  17. Nemesis

Nemesis just ride the damn thing

Oddometer:
    Straight. :nod

:deal
  18. marty hill

Oddometer:
    With the Euro plunging in value and our economy in the dump a price raise will be fun to watch. Not saying it will not happen, just that it will be interesting.
  19. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    A BMW dealer in New York has several listed on Ebay and says to call or email for pricing. They have the MSRP listed as the BIN. Send them an email and see what they will sell one for.
  20. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    I was told the same thing.